PDA

View Full Version : Gunblade

Sylvie
08-02-2006, 05:15 AM
I am surprised at how awesome of an idea this is. If I were to weild one of these things, it would be very easy and convenient. Swinging it is easy, and especially slashing. Stabbing is easy, since you hold it like a gun and just go right in. Opinions?

Cookie
08-02-2006, 05:19 AM
Gunblades rock (not sure if you hate me) and i think you can buy one- somebody had a link on their sig but don't quite remember who it was.

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Gunblade pretty kool...

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:03 AM
Gunblade spectacularly amazing...

It needed editing.

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Gunblade spectacularly amazing...

It needed editing.

Yeah. I guess it did...

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Squall or Seifer's gunblade
(Squall's first btw)

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 06:14 AM
I cannot decide between Squall and Seifer's...

Cookie
08-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Seifer's Hyperion definitely- he is better as well!

Thorn
08-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Seifer's gunblade is impractical.

1.The way he attacks would require him to be incredibly strong (Which he doesn't look at all)
2.There is far too much blade that it would make aiming the gun difficult.

It does LOOK cool though. But i'd pick Squalls anyday.

Xurts
08-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Seifer's Hyperion definitely- he is better as well!
Squall is much stronger than Seifer. Saying that Seifer is stronger is a joke.

Here is the replica of Squall's gunblade. (http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-squall-leonharts-revolver-gunblade-p-1245.html?osCsid=945f1e4b939665b7cebfbbe2b0cb0ecb)

Cookie
08-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Yeah but you would say Seifer was stronger than Squall if they changed roles, simply because you get to train one of them

Sylvie
08-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Yes, we would, but that doesn't happen. So Squall > Seifer. And plus, Seifer is idiotic looking.

Xurts
08-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Yeah but you would say Seifer was stronger than Squall if they changed roles, simply because you get to train one of them
No. I trained Seifer all the way to 62. That has nothing to do with it.

Seifer's Limits are total trash compared to Squall's. They only hit once, and they never hit for anything even close to 9999. Squall's Lion Heart hits about 30 (I don't know the exact count, but it has to be somewhere around there) times, all for 9999, plus a couple more hits of 8000 or so from his Renzokuken.

You can't upgrade Seifer's Hyperion either, so the idea of him learning Limits as he upgrades is shot down.

Seifer is always pathetically weak every time you fight him. He always goes down in a couple hits, and never does more than 500 damage, even in Lunatic Pandora.

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Seifer's Limits are total trash compared to Squall's. They only hit once, and they never hit for anything even close to 9999. Squall's Lion Heart hits about 30 (I don't know the exact count, but it has to be somewhere around there) times, all for 9999, plus a couple more hits of 8000 or so from his Renzokuken.

You can't upgrade Seifer's Hyperion either, so the idea of him learning Limits as he upgrades is shot down.

Seifer is always pathetically weak every time you fight him. He always goes down in a couple hits, and never does more than 500 damage, even in Lunatic Pandora.

That's the way it goes...it would vice versa if Seifer were playing Squall's role and Squall were playing Seifer's role...

Xurts
08-02-2006, 07:43 AM

That's the way it goes...it would vice versa if Seifer were playing Squall's role and Squall were playing Seifer's role...
Which would never happen, since Squall would never let himself be manipulated by Ultimecia.

Cookie
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM

Yeah!

Obviously he won't be as good because you only use him in Dollet.

Xurts
08-02-2006, 07:48 AM
We're talking about what actually happens, not what could've happened.

Cookie
08-02-2006, 07:54 AM
LOL I was only sayin'- fair enough Squall is better (can't believe i just said that)

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 07:56 AM
LOL I was only sayin'- fair enough Squall is better (can't believe i just said that)

Now u must die!!! Jk...

Fonzie
08-02-2006, 08:11 AM
If any of you think Gunblades shoot bullets, your wrong. :D

Quistis_Trepe
08-02-2006, 08:18 AM
If any of you think Gunblades shoot bullets, your wrong. :D

That info was gidin' out a long time ago, but ty...

Xurts
08-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Thank you. :)

Darkwing Bahamut
08-02-2006, 09:46 AM
The Gunblade is my favourite weapon in FF. I like Squall's Gunblade better than Seifer's, because you can upgrade it. Lion Heart is the best. :D

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Squall's gunblade has more meaning. (Greiver carved on it)
I like the style of Seifer's gunblade.
Too Bad you can't upgrade any of his blades
Lionhearth is the best.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-02-2006, 06:05 PM
The Gunblade is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE FF WEAPON!!! :kaohappy2 I think it's just sooo cool!!! :cool: :thumb:

My 2nd favorite weapon is the Keyblade. :D

Psychotic
08-03-2006, 02:07 AM
The gunblade is cool in theory, but in reality it would just be so cumbersome and impractical. It'd be much more convienient to carry a blade and a gun separately.

Omnislash07
08-03-2006, 02:24 AM
wow seeing this thread almost makes me want to open a new thread and argue about how the gunblades work...

Xurts
08-03-2006, 07:34 AM
wow seeing this thread almost makes me want to open a new thread and argue about how the gunblades work...
See here:

GUNBLADE
Combining the sword with a standard shotgun's mechanisms, the Gunblade is a unique weapon. If you pull the trigger while the bullet is "set," a strong wave of power will travel down to the edge of the blade, raising the attack power of the Gunblade. By pulling the trigger at the right time, one can release a powerful attack; however, achieving competency in usage of the Gunblade is very difficult and therefore requires a high degree of aptitude.

Omnislash07
08-03-2006, 02:52 PM
lol, it was a joke. I already know how it works

Yuffie514
08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
it looks like a great weapon, but probably too heavy and complex for me...