PDA

View Full Version : ze uber aeons

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I just beat my first Dark aeon ^_^ it was only Ifrit but more will follow.

I'm power levelling as much as i can and have auron with almost all his stats maxed out (exept luck :S)

I don't plan on getting the magus sisters or anima... what i want to know is, is it possible to defeat dark anima and everything there after without them?

And anything else i should learn or need to know for the upcoming battles? Will i need anyones ultimate weapons? I have aurons but everyone elses is simply customised

IceAngel
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I rely on Yojimbo to do my slaughtering. But I can't get him to kill Ifrit. I used him against Valefor and Shiva and that worked out fine.

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 12:46 PM
I rely on Yojimbo to do my slaughtering. But I can't get him to kill Ifrit. I used him against Valefor and Shiva and that worked out fine.

Not with zanmato 0_0 ? Are shiva and valefore easier than Ifrit? Ifrit K.O'd my bahamut in one hit :s

Summ[O]ner
08-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Are shiva and valefore easier than Ifrit?
Valefor yes but Shiva not. If you already defeated Dark Ifrit you should defeat Dark Valefor.

I don't plan on getting the magus sisters or anima... what i want to know is, is it possible to defeat dark anima and everything there after without them?
Yes. But you must remind that without them you will donīt have Nirvanaīs Moon Sigil. Plus you will have 6 shields to deadly attacks instead of 8.

About Celestial Weapons, i recomend to acquire them for Tidus, Wakka and Rikku (and also level up this three characters).

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 02:57 PM
ner']
Are shiva and valefore easier than Ifrit?
Valefor yes but Shiva not. If you already defeated Dark Ifrit you should defeat Dark Valefor.

Yes. But you must remind that without them you will donīt have Nirvanaīs Moon Sigil. Plus you will have 6 shields to deadly attacks instead of 8.

About Celestial Weapons, i recomend to acquire them for Tidus, Wakka and Rikku (and also level up this three characters).

I dont use my aeons as shields... thats what auto-life is for. Tidus and rikku are being levelled but wakka is almost untouched and i have no plans to level him up now. Ive given tidus break hp limit and break damage limit... what does his ultimate weapon have?

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Get the Celestial Weapons, its a must. If you have Tidus in your party, you must have picked up the Sun crest when you first had your chance, you wont be able to get it without beating Dark Bahamat now. Who is very hard. Make sure your wearing armor with Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Break HP - Limit and Auto Phoenix. You should use Quick Hit as well, its very useful.
Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit are alot easier than the others, so be more prepared then you were for Valefor and Ifrit. Oh and use a guide, I used one for Stat Building and beating the Dark Aeons.

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Get the Celestial Weapons, its a must. If you have Tidus in your party, you must have picked up the Sun crest when you first had your chance, you wont be able to get it without beating Dark Bahamat now. Who is very hard. Make sure your wearing armor with Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Break HP - Limit and Auto Phoenix. You should use Quick Hit as well, its very useful.
Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit are alot easier than the others, so be more prepared then you were for Valefor and Ifrit. Oh and use a guide, I used one for Stat Building and beating the Dark Aeons.

What do the celestial weapons offer that my current weapons lack?

Dark valefor was disapointing. Ixion was fair and shiva put up a pretty good fight. I beat yojimbo but it took a while and i didn't have the patience to fight him again. There are a few more things i would like to do first to make the battle run smoother and quicker then i shall return and beat him ^_^ im probabley a long way off from beating dark anima

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Hold on, you've beaten all these Aeons without getting the characters there ultimate weapons. Holey smokes, thats amazing..

Summ[O]ner
08-02-2006, 11:00 PM
I dont use my aeons as shields... thats what auto-life is for.
Auto-Life = slow. It needs extra turns what can be used better and you can have Auto-Phoenix what is much much better. Zanmato = game over even with Auto-Life. Delta Attack = game over even with Auto-Life. And there are some other attacks. Get my point?

wakka is almost untouched and i have no plans to level him up now.
Wakka is guy with best Overdrive in game. You can use Tidusīes Blitz Ace but vs. Dark Bahamut (if you donīt have Sun Crest) you need Wakkaīs Attack Reels (+ of yourse Worldīs Champion) or fight will be really long (i am talking about hours).

what does his ultimate weapon have?
Break Damage Limit + crappy slots but...
Celestial Weapons are same as standard customized weapons but... Celestial Weapons cause "celestial" damage and customized weapons cause normal damage. Example:
Tidus attributes = Strength 255, Luck 40
Normal weapon:
Blitz Ace damage is 12 000 (cca) x 9 + 80 000 (cca) x1 vs. Penance (no Protect)
Celestial Weapon:
Blitz Ace damage is 35 000 (cca) x 9 + 99 999 (cca) x1 (no Protect)

Make sure your wearing armor with Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Break HP - Limit and Auto Phoenix. You should use Quick Hit as well, its very useful. I donīt follow you. Break HP Limit is glitch. You NEED to be killed with Dark Aeonīs attack in order to earn Overdrives fast. With Break HP Limit, itīs impossible. You donīt need to have full HP vs. them, Auto-Phoenix solves this. And think about situation how many turns you spend in order to heal guy with 35 000 HP for example. I had Wakka, Yuna, Tidus, Auron with 35 000 HP and itīs just crap. 9999 HP is perfect and enough.

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Hold on, you've beaten all these Aeons without getting the characters there ultimate weapons. Holey smokes, thats amazing..

I have break damage, triple overdrive, and firstrike etc customised weapons... i thought thats basically what a celestial weapon was.

ner']
Auto-Life = slow. It needs extra turns what can be used better and you can have Auto-Phoenix what is much much better. Zanmato = game over even with Auto-Life. Delta Attack = game over even with Auto-Life. And there are some other attacks. Get my point?

Wakka is guy with best Overdrive in game. You can use Tidusīes Blitz Ace but vs. Dark Bahamut (if you donīt have Sun Crest) you need Wakkaīs Attack Reels (+ of yourse Worldīs Champion) or fight will be really long (i am talking about hours).

Celestial Weapons are same as standard customized weapons but... Celestial Weapons cause "celestial" damage and customized weapons cause normal damage. Example:
Normal weapon:
Celestial Weapon:

Make sure your wearing armor with Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Break HP - Limit and Auto Phoenix. You should use Quick Hit as well, its very useful. I donīt follow you. Break HP Limit is glitch. You NEED to be killed with Dark Aeonīs attack in order to earn Overdrives fast. With Break HP Limit, itīs impossible. You donīt need to have full HP vs. them, Auto-Phoenix solves this. And think about situation how many turns you spend in order to heal guy with 35 000 HP for example. I had Wakka, Yuna, Tidus, Auron with 35 000 HP and itīs just crap. 9999 HP is perfect and enough.

I found out the zanmato ignoring auto-life thing the hard way lol

I reeeeeeally don't have the patience to level wakka :/ Or get his celestial weapon. Tbh i think im all for dodging the lightening bolts for lulus but thats all.... everyone elses is a no. Im sure i'll prevail

The only thing i am prepared to do is aquire Ribbon but is there an easier way to get it (actually im pretty sure one of the dark aeons dropped me some armour with Ribbon) i have 90% of the monsters in the game so there is nearly 99 dark matters waiting for me there. Im just not looking forward to mass monster arena fighting to get more dark matters :/

Rockyvu
08-12-2006, 06:26 PM
ner;1809417']

Normal weapon:
Celestial Weapon:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
This question has being posted for a few months, but I'll just answer it anyway as it hasn't being answered<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Firstly, any overdrive is usually crap against Dark Aeons (Blitz Ace and Attack Reel). The best bet is to just quick hit.
Secondly, you need break HP limit in order to kill Dark Bahamut, Yojimbo and Penance. Dark Yojimbo’s Wakizashi does over 10,000 damage to all your characters even with 255 Defence + Auto Protect. Bahamut and Penance for obvious reasons.
Third, overdrives is useful to kill monster arena monsters faster to get rare spear to up your stats. to get over drive faster, set your overdrive meter to comrade and have one really weak character in your team an just keep letting him/her die and Auto-Phoenix.
Forth, for healing, Rikku’s Final Elixir mix heal all your party for 99,999hp + 9,999 mp + revive them all from KO.

FTF
08-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Firstly, any overdrive is usually crap against Dark Aeons (Blitz Ace and Attack Reel). The best bet is to just quick hit.
Secondly, you need break HP limit in order to kill Dark Bahamut, Yojimbo and Penance. Dark Yojimbo’s Wakizashi does over 10,000 damage to all your characters even with 255 Defence + Auto Protect. Bahamut and Penance for obvious reasons.
Third, overdrives is useful to kill monster arena monsters faster to get rare spear to up your stats. to get over drive faster, set your overdrive meter to comrade and have one really weak character in your team an just keep letting him/her die and Auto-Phoenix.
Forth, for healing, Rikku’s Final Elixir mix heal all your party for 99,999hp + 9,999 mp + revive them all from KO.

First, I should mention I have no firsthand experience with the Dark Aeons, but I know many who do.

Anyways: Yes, quick hit > overdrives in most cases against them.
No, you >>>NEVER<<< need BHPL. Not for the DAs, not for Penance, not for Nemesis, NEVER.
Yes, overdrives are pretty useful in the monster arena (especially against Neslug, argh).
Final Elixer is nice... but it's easier not to have to worry about it, and just use Megalixers.... or, if you don't need MP, Trio of 9999 + Pray ;).

Mirage
08-12-2006, 07:11 PM
ner;1809417']

Normal weapon:
Celestial Weapon:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
This question has being posted for a few months, but I'll just answer it anyway as it hasn't being answered<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
You could defend to cut the damage by 50% once more :p
And a guide I read claims the exact opposite, that any of the dark aeon's attack can be lowered to below 9999.

No.78
08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Don't use zanmato! It's unsatisfying, and frowned upon.

FTF
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Don't use zanmato! It's unsatisfying, and frowned upon.

Ehm, "unsatisfying" is pretty subjective. Now, I know it's different in the PAL/INT versions, but every time I see Zanmato, I'm pretty satisfyed... the work I put into getting Yojimbo's compatibility up payed off. :p So what if it's frowned upon? It's an intentional part of the game, and in no way cheating.

That said, since there's not much of a reward for beating Penance, I would likely try to beat him without Zanmato anyways, but really, it's not up to you (or anyone else out there) how someone plays their game....

rubah
08-12-2006, 08:36 PM
levelling wakka rather than tidus would have been much wiser, as world champion is much easier to get, plus his attack reels overdrive has twelve hits rather than blitz ace's nine.

TheSpoonyBard
08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
The main attraction with the Celestial Weapons is that they ignore the target's Defence stat when used to attack physically. However, this doesn't apply to Overdrives, so in that respect they're no better than customised weapons.

There's also a variable factor for CWs. For Tidus, Wakka, Rikku and Kimahri, the CW will cause more damage when their HP is full. Yuna and Lulu work in the same way but rely on MP. Auron's damage increases when his HP is lower.

All the Dark Aeons except Dark Anima have been defeated under NSGNZ conditions (No Sphere Grid = use of the Sphere Grid is forbidden = base stats, NZ = No Zanmato = cannot use Zanmato), so defeating them by powerlevelling your characters is no great achievement. Sorry.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I just beat my first Dark aeon ^_^ it was only Ifrit but more will follow.

I'm power levelling as much as i can and have auron with almost all his stats maxed out (exept luck :S)

And anything else i should learn or need to know for the upcoming battles? Will i need anyones ultimate weapons? I have aurons but everyone elses is simply customised

Train my son and donīt give up all Dark Aeons can be defeated if you work hard enough...

Shin Gouken
08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
The main attraction with the Celestial Weapons is that they ignore the target's Defence stat when used to attack physically. However, this doesn't apply to Overdrives, so in that respect they're no better than customised weapons.

There's also a variable factor for CWs. For Tidus, Wakka, Rikku and Kimahri, the CW will cause more damage when their HP is full. Yuna and Lulu work in the same way but rely on MP. Auron's damage increases when his HP is lower.

All the Dark Aeons except Dark Anima have been defeated under NSGNZ conditions (No Sphere Grid = use of the Sphere Grid is forbidden = base stats, NZ = No Zanmato = cannot use Zanmato), so defeating them by powerlevelling your characters is no great achievement. Sorry.

Yes but i am not a FFX god who is looking for a great achievment above all other great achievments. I don't claim to be awesome at this game... in fact i'm far from it (i got bored of the story and completed with a guide simpley because the gf wished it so) Ergo this IS a great achievment to me

Trainig has done the job this far... and the right customized armour has done the rest. Sod the celestial weapons i havn't the patience. Tomorrow i finish Yojimbo and take a stab at Bahamut