PDA

View Full Version : zidanes surname *spoilers*

boys from the dwarf
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
so. why tribal? he wasnt born. his creator was garland and i doubt he gives his creations surnames. he was adopted by baku so maybe tribal is bakus surname. im not sure though. what are your thoughts?

TheSpoonyBard
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Is Quan's surname Orunitier/Orunitia? They were just given surnames to make them appear as normal characters. Of the main characters, Garnet's and Aldebert's surnames are mentioned.

Then again, they could've chosen Tribal as Zidane is from the Genome 'tribe',.

Flying Mullet
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
And Square could have also given him a surname so that you wouldn't suspect anything in the story-line. Him not having a surname could have been suspicious.

You could also be reading too far into this and when developing the game, Square could have just given everyone full names "just because".

YTDN
08-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Half of the characters you don't even find out their surnames, so I wouldn't worry about stuff like that. And remember

7.Some Call Me... Tim?
Good guys will only have first names, and bad guys will only have last names. Any bad guy who only has a first name will become a good guy at some point in the game. Good guys' last names may be mentioned in the manual but they will never be referred to in the story.

Toodleena
08-02-2006, 05:43 PM
If I didn't have a surname, I'd give myself one:) .
Maybe he just wanted a surname. And "Tribal" is nice.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-03-2006, 07:58 AM
There might not be a reason behind Zidane's surname. All other main characters in FFIX has it so it makes sense that he should too. FFVII and FFVIII main characters have surnames as well, even though most of the surnames aren't even mentioned in the game.

Slade
08-03-2006, 11:00 AM
When does the game actually state that Baku adopted him? I'm pretty sure that little story that Zidane told Garnet was only portrayed as Zidane and Baku because they are both actors, and they were playing out the scene..........thats how I always saw that part anyhow.

Goldenboko
08-03-2006, 03:32 PM
No if you listen to some of the things he says
Only has a light to guide him to his home the light is the cycle of souls Garland speaks about there is no way that is just concidence.