PDA

View Full Version : Expert Grid thing

IceAngel
08-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Hiya, I started a new game the other day and decided not to use the normal grid. I'm now at the calm lands and I have realised my characters are ridiculously strong (I remember defeating Seymour and Anima in only a few hits ~ I didnt use any overdrives). Also I have more money than I had if I used the normal grid. I have more than enough to get Yojimbo. Is this right? or are there other perks to being on this sphere grid?

Shin Gouken
08-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I have yet to use the expert grid... but then ive only played through once.

EDIT: sorry... that wasn't very helpful ^_^

Summ[O]ner
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah itīs normal. ESG will give you more flexibility and you donīt have problems with lacking Lv. X Lock Spheres. You can go with Tidus over Auronīs path and still learn Hastega/take Agility nodes for example (have stronger Tidus with same speed as on SSG). And about more money, i think itīs just because you played game second (?) time and knew what do there and there.

Simen
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
I prefer the expert sphere grid instead of normal. The color is much better on it. J/K.
Yes, it's correct that the characters gets much better on the ESG. I've finished the
game with both sphere grids, and my bottom line is: ESG is the best grid!

Dreddz
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
The expert allows you to customise your characters more, and make them as similier or individual as you want. I use the expert grid if I start new games but my first save file I used the normal grid and was able to beat the Dark aeons and such on that file.

feona17
08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Moo... what's an expert grid, and where can I get my hands on it? :p

Simen
08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
In the beginning you must select to use it.

feona17
08-02-2006, 05:07 PM
WHAT? Err... okay I'm playing FFX again. What exactly is it though, and how is it different from the normal grid?

Little Blue
08-02-2006, 06:55 PM
It's a grid that offers less nodes, but more ability for customisation by allowing characters to go more or less along any path from the very start. I had Yuna becoming a badass black mage when I first used it, but I felt that I was considerably weaker using it than I was compared to the same point in the game when I had the standard grid. I think in the end it was just because I hadn't put much thought into where they were going and had some characters back tracking a wee bit (a lot) to go down another path as I changed my mind often... But it is much easier to use, and you can get characters using your preferred skill types at any point in the game and have characters you're much more likely to use than you would if you were on standard.

rubah
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
I sorta wish I had international, to play around with it :]

feona17
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
No wonder I hadn't heard of it.. International and Japan get all the perks. Hmph.

Breine
08-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I sorta wish I had international, to play around with it :]

You mean to say that the American version doesn't have an Expert Grid?

I enjoy using the expert grid much more than the Standard Grid mainly because it offers you much more freedom and flexibility, which is nice.

IceAngel
08-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I thought all the versions had an ESG or something. I thought that was the equivalent to so called 'easy, hard' settings you enter at the beginning of most games :confused:

FTF
08-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Meh, I have the North American version too. There's alot I wish I had about the International version, but I can't say the ESG is really one of those things. Later in the game, especially in that version, you'll want to start stat-maxing... and the fewer nodes on the ESG means you have less opportunity to do that. It would probably be fun for a bit though, being able to customize your characters easrlier in the game...

Rosenti
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
i sure do love that grid lol..

grr say something uselful! * smacks self *