PDA

View Full Version : Formals

Rusty
08-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Or Proms - whatever you call them.

I have my Year 11 formal coming up in September and I still haven't gotten around to dress shopping or anything. The times have changed I now don't have to have a floor length gown that would cost a small fortune. I'm thinking black and white, ribbon sash around the waist and peep toe shoes. That's my plan now at least. A little bit vintage maybe.

I think this may be the wrong time for formals/proms in other countries. But that doesn't matter - because I'm excited. So there.

So, what did you wear to your formal/prom? Have you got pictures? What was the night like? Did you like your formal? Who'd you go with?

theundeadhero
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Heavens knows that I wanted to wear the prettiest dress ever to the formal, but I just couldn't find one in time for how much money I had to spend, so I just went for a nice suit.

I think it had a flower on it somewhere.

starseeker
08-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I had an ankle length strappy black dress with sequin embroidery on in.

Levian
08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey, let's have an EoFF prom! No? okay!

Ok, at least let me give you a drink, or poison. No? Just for me? okay!

Anyway, I didn't get to choose a date because the school arranged a huge date raffle. I got stuck with someone I didn't know, and I'm good with keeping up a conversation, but this woman was not. Unless yes and no qualifies as chatting. Such a shame cus I knew who I wanted to ask and all. :( And now she lives in SWAZILAND. DAMN YOU HIGH SCHOOL RAFFLES. DAMN YOU. :mad2: She even liked Final Fantasy.

Shaun
08-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Heh, I didn't go to the prom... I didn't have a girlfriend and what's prom night without one? Anyway, I'd probably have rather not gone either way. There were too many pricks in my secondary school. My own company is better than their company.

Zeldy
08-02-2006, 06:54 PM
We dont have a "prom" but I know that in year 11 theres a "leavers do" where all you go out for a meal and everyone dresses up. Only 2 more years ^_^

rubah
08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/group/hsurubah1

My dress+wrap was $32 at a consignment shop xD and it fit perfectly:D

and then I splurged and spent $63 on the shoes. . .

The night was magical~ I went with Hsu, obviously, and we had a blast :]

Jojee
08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
I had a really good time at my prom <3 I wore a red dress, but I have no pictures ^^;

Moon Rabbits
08-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Proms are for squares.

Meat Puppet
08-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Last year I went to the prom as a Greaser.

Jojee
08-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I opted to not attend the great promanade of my school. Instead, I planned a surprise date for my girlfriend a few weeks afterwards, of which I cooked, decorated the table and room, made several bouqets of my own, other romantic etceteras etceteras. We ended up on the beach in the moonlight and candles, dancing to a small stereo I had secretly packed in the car.

Bascially, I chose not to attend prom and instead decided to share a much more intimate, private occassion with my girlfriend rather than be surrounded by people I either do not know or care for.

And yes, we both dressed as if it were prom, whcih was nice in its own way - it always causes people to look so romantic.
Awwww.... marry me :love:

Hahah, *secretly directs my boyfriend to this post cough hint*

Jess
08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
I went with my boyfriends younger brother (who is also one of my best friends) as my boyfriend is older and has left school (and he went to a different school anyway). But, yeah - it was an awesome night. The after party was even better, though. :jess:

I have pictures, but only 2 on this computer as I'm in Newcastle at the moment. I'm the one in the pink. :D