PDA

View Full Version : FF7AC beginning of ff8?!

sephirothishere
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
i was watching the movie advent children and noticed denzel had squalls necklace on.....he also has brown hair alot like squalls and a girl that looks after him as if they wre siblings..(marlene)...tifa looks after the children in the orphanage..she has long black hair and black clothes....coincidence...meh...whatryagonnado!?!?!? i know the characters names are different to the characters in ff8....but again something even more far fetched...cetra=centra without the N.....:mad: i was just wondering if anybody else noticed anything similar like this i know this seems kinda crazy.....oh well...

DudeSon2004
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Well Yazoo's gun does look like a Gunblade.

sephirothishere
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
yeh the whole dream thing of seifers is seen in yazoo

Xurts
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
No. 7 and 8 occur in two totally different continuities. They are not related in any way.

Mirage
08-02-2006, 09:33 PM
You never know these days. I wonder what Kitase comes up with next.

Ryushikaze
08-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Ellone is older than Squall. Marlene is younger than Denzel.

Besides, if FF7 led into FF8, Cid- or Cloud since Tifa would be Edea and thus Cloud would be Cid, her husband- would have been so much cooler.

boys from the dwarf
08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
i believe its called a reference.

Xurts
08-03-2006, 07:14 AM
It's called a coincidence.

sephirothishere
08-03-2006, 03:12 PM
i know its not quite plausable,maybe square jus felt it would be easy to just edit stories a little....i was just sayin they have alot in common

YTDN
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I think your looking into the movie too much.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Nope. If you ask me Denzel looks more like Roxas.

Distain
08-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I think your looking into the movie too much.

word.

J_Wildy
08-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I've just noticed all that as well. Also i recon Tidus and Cloud Are related becuase of hair. Also Cloud and Squall because they start off heartless and start to show there feelings later on

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2006, 02:19 PM
could be either a reference or a coincidence. that thing about squall necklace is definetly a reference. you cant accidently give denzel that necklace in the character design. and its true that he looks similar to squall. i think he is supposed to be a bit of a tribute to squall. the cetra and centra thing is probly a reference but a lot of things in the starting thread are likely to be coincidence. saying that cloud is related to squall and tidus is crazy though. they are similar and hair isnt a way to relate people to each other. a lot of this is just bpeople overthinking. square does a lot of things like these so its sometimes hard to determine whether these coincidences are deliberate or not.

Ryushikaze
08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
'course, here's the thing. He's NOT wearing Squall's necklace. Squall's necklace has a griever symbol on it. Marlene's is just a chain which has a ring on it- which I believe is the ring of Reeve's mother, who took Denzel in after his biological parents died in the sector 7 incident.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 04:48 AM
I agree with Jesse1, he reminded me of Roxas.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-09-2006, 07:25 PM
They are not related in any way.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2006, 02:24 AM
I've just noticed all that as well. Also i recon Tidus and Cloud Are related becuase of hair. Also Cloud and Squall because they start off heartless and start to show there feelings later on
I don't even know how to put it into words, but that's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I've just noticed all that as well. Also i recon Tidus and Cloud Are similar becuase of hair. Also Squall may be based on cloud a bit because they both start off heartless and start to show there feelings later on

all better now:).

G SpOtZ
08-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I've just noticed all that as well. Also i recon Tidus and Cloud Are similar becuase of hair. Also Squall may be based on cloud a bit because they both start off heartless and start to show there feelings later on

all better now:).
Much better. =D

Rikku X-2
08-16-2006, 03:45 AM
thank goodness that ffx-2 has nothing simlar with ffvii ac :)

Xurts
08-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah, because if it did then X-2 might actually be worth playing.

Rostum
08-16-2006, 05:55 AM
I didn't know FF7's world had a Sorceress' War. :confused:

Marluxiaswife
08-16-2006, 06:25 AM

yeah right ffvii ac was the same time like ffx-2 they were only about the characters thats why ffvii ac didn't get a good rating

Xurts
08-16-2006, 07:50 AM

yeah right ffvii ac was the same time like ffx-2 they were only about the characters thats why ffvii ac didn't get a good rating
No. Don't even compare the two. That's a joke.

Ouch!
08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I had such high hopes for this thread after reading the first post.

You have all failed me.

That is all.

Xenyth
08-16-2006, 09:03 AM

Total agreement. Maybe the people who made the movie wanted to put some references? Just for fun?

sephirothishere
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I had such high hopes for this thread after reading the first post.

You have all failed me.

That is all.

what were the high hopes......now i think about it...it was a dumbass post to post....

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
high hopes for a crazy thread like this? what are you talking about? FF7 AC has the occasional similarity to FF8 but is not the same world and timeline.

Marluxiaswife
08-16-2006, 10:59 PM
high hopes for a crazy thread like this? what are you talking about? FF7 AC has the occasional similarity to FF8 but is not the same world and timeline.

yeah, i don't know why somepeople think ffx/ffx-2 is connected to
ffvii/ac :mad:

Ryushikaze
08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
^Because the writer said that FF10 and 10-2 were written with the idea of continuity with FF7 in mind, and the connection has been officially established in a UOG.

Aralith
08-17-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah, i don't know why somepeople think ffx/ffx-2 is connected to ffvii/ac :mad:
To add to what Ryushikaze said, there are also many more things that connect X and VII then connect VII and VIII. If you just look at them, you will realize the similarities.

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
its all similarities and references and coincidences. FFs are sometimes based slightly on previous FFs but they are never the same world. there are usually things that prove that an FF isnt in the same world like things that dont make sense. even the similarities between FF3 and FF8 dont have me convinced that they are the same planet at different times (actually. this seems the most likely but i bet there something in FF3 that proves this theory wrong.)

the only way i can think of FFs being all on the same planet is the sci-fi style alternate realities and universes and dimensions E.C.T. but using things like that you could prove anything so my comclusion is that FF worlds are similar but never in the same world and timeline.

Ashley Schovitz
08-17-2006, 08:19 PM

There you go and his hair isn't anything like Squall's Squall's is dark brown and hangs down while denzel's is this weird pinkish looking color and spiky.

No.78
08-17-2006, 08:29 PM
All the FFs have mysterious links, I dont think FF8 and 7 would be this closely related, but I do believe that all the FFs take place on the same planet, at different points over millions of years.

(one simple example: Shinra in X-2 mentioning how pyreflies could be harnessed for energy, but that would take generations)

Xurts
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Lol. No FF is related to one another except for the ones Square has specifically said are.

sephirothishere
08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
i know...but i hate to think those dumbasses in FFX are related to those badasses in ff7....

Ishin Ookami
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
^Because the writer said that FF10 and 10-2 were written with the idea of continuity with FF7 in mind, and the connection has been officially established in a UOG.

I've always considered that a myth, Sakaguchi was notorious for keeping all FF titles seperate and FFX was his baby, Nomura just did the designs. It was nomura who has this fetish for making FF sequals and side stories. Just because some fanboy goes and points out some similarities, doesn't mean the universes are connected. It just means the stories share similar plot points and concepts. Saying FFVII and FFVIII are connected because of a necklace, is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek are connected because everyone flies around in space ships and fires cool laser guns.

And no offence to anyone here, but this thread is what happens when fans have WAY too much time on their hands, and little to no common sense. Good for a laugh or two though.

Ryushikaze
08-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Cept it was Nojima, the writer, not Nomura, the character designer, who said that FF7 and 10 shared continuity. And as mentioned, it's in a UOG now.

f f freak
08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Cept it was Nojima, the writer, not Nomura, the character designer, who said that FF7 and 10 shared continuity. And as mentioned, it's in a UOG now.
I know it has been said but I don't believe that. There would be some mention to Sin in a history book or something. That is why I find this hard to believe. Also you should not make Sequels that are Prequels because then you mess up the whole time period. And what about the ancients. I think there would be some mention of those in FFX-2. Anyway I'm getting off topic. I don't think there is that much similarity between Denzel and Squall.

Ryushikaze
08-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Or they could have arisen after 10-2, or elsewhere entirely.

And you don't believe the writer and official materials, then you're just being obstinate.

f f freak
08-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Whatever Ryushikaze. I don't believe it because all that is the same is some annoying little kids name who then goes on to talk about pyreflies being an energy source.

Ishin Ookami
08-19-2006, 03:02 AM

The writers don't have ultimate control over the franchise, it's the director that does. They have control over what parts of the script are adhered to, what stays in, how scenes are played out, and how characters will say the lines. Nomura had his stint as a assistant director on VII, director on VIII. Sakaguchi was director on IX and X before he quit (or was fired, depends on who you ask). Now Nomura has replaced sakaguchi as creative director on all Final Fantasy projects, until he abdicates it to someone else, or until the high muckity mucks at square say otherwise. And even if it is part of a UOG (which I'm assuming stands for ultimate online guide) it doesn't make it canon. Having it discussed in the actual storyline makes it canon. Guides can say all sorts of crap, but that doesn't make it legit. It's the director that has the final say in the direction of the franchise.

Though to be honest, It wouldn't surprise me if Nomura did try to officially connect all the FF titles he's worked on. It would be a storytelling disaster, but so was Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis core, Before Crisis, and Advent Children. Nomura is a character designer at initially, sakaguchi was a writer and often helped to pen his FF story lines himself. And the difference in their ability to effectively tell a story is tremendous. I'll always prefer Sakaguchi's well crafted tales over Nomura's derivative fluff any day.

sephirothishere
08-19-2006, 11:11 AM
ok...its true i wasnt a dumbass starting this thread...whatever...FFX and 7 are connected it was said in interviews and whatever....and spira is like bijillions of years before gaia....maybe they got wiped out or something by jenova.....then no more history was written and all the books and whatever were all buried or in some weird language...and look the sphere grid thing...all the knowledge of the person is in the sphere...ff7 found these things and used the knowledge in them already there instead of making their own spheres....and also like if you go into the materia thing sometimes it says strength+4 or mp+10% or whatever....this is jus like ff10...get over it...

f f freak
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Please the only similarity is a kid said about pyreflies being an energy force. Then in FF7 there was a company called ShinRa which was the kids name. They were only trying to make FFX-2 look better by saying that because they knew it pretty much sucked.

Ryushikaze
08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Ishin, the UOG is the Ultimania Omega Guide, which is an official SE product, and is just as- if not occasionally more so- official than the games, given that it is written with the intent of answering things the game didn't.

kissgirls
08-21-2006, 07:19 AM
final fantasy x-2 has nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII AC!!!
nothing alright!?
characters? no!
they looks? no!
please this is about ff8 and ff7 ac,

why ffx-2?

Ishin Ookami
08-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Ishin, the UOG is the Ultimania Omega Guide, which is an official SE product, and is just as- if not occasionally more so- official than the games, given that it is written with the intent of answering things the game didn't.

Really, I would be most interested in a link that refers to the quote you are referring to. Most of the time these ideas are just flights of fancy fanboys make to entertain themselves. and once again, just because a website is endorsed or sponsered by the company, It doesn't make everything the website says 100% accurate. I would need to see where this was supported by sakaguchi, or Nomura to actually buy into the fact that any Final Fantasy is related to another.

Ryushikaze
08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
final fantasy x-2 has nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII AC!!!
nothing alright!?
characters? no!
they looks? no!
please this is about ff8 and ff7 ac,

why ffx-2?
_________

Because they are linked, via continuity- which is about as much as FF5 and ITS sequel have in common. And yes, there is one. It's called Legend of the Crystals.

Ishin:... The Ultimania is not a website. It is a physical book, released for every major Final Fantasy game, which goes into greater detail about the characters, the world, and the creation process about that world. It is an officiall and sanctioned product of Square Enix with direct input from the creators, just as the games themselves are. Final Fantasy Seven recently warrented a second version, which loads more of relevant information about the compilation thus far.

And this is not a flight of fancy. Kitase, Nomura, and Nojima have all confirmed the connection on several occasions. Nojima has actually explained the very bare bones version of how Spirans travel to Gaia- and yes, he admits the idea is not completely fleshed out yet, but that it did happen. It has also been included in the FF7 UOG.

As for the interviews, check the Plot Analysis and UOG FAQS over at Gamefaqs.

McLovin'
08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
It makes sense that ff7 and ff10 are related.

If you look at all the ff maps, they are all similar. I am too lazy to show you with pictures so I will let you go on your own.

http://www.ffonline.com

Some ff may take place in the same world (ie ff7 n ff10, doubt 8 though) while others are their own planet.

Ryushikaze
08-21-2006, 08:48 PM
^But FF10 and FF7 do not occur on the same planet. Merely within the same continuity.

HolyMackeral
08-22-2006, 12:14 AM
I recently posted a quote about this topic in another thread link here

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1844899&postcount=29

This was taken from gameFAQs which has an Ultimania translation, it contains proof both from x-2 and the makers namely Kitase that events that took place in x-2 set others in motion that eventually wound up with ff7.

Crop
08-22-2006, 10:55 AM

Ha, dont make me laugh.

McLovin'
08-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Well there you go.

Nice article.

Hey it could be possible that Spira is the promised land. I mean they say its a place with large amounts of spiritual energy and the farplane is spiritual right...

I am saying this because in the article doesn't it state that the people of Spira discovered "Gaia" by means of Space travel right?

HolyMackeral
08-23-2006, 03:06 AM
I dont think so, if you want to see what we came up with about the promised land/heaven etc then go check out the whole thread. The part at the end about it wasnt really meant for this thread but I couldnt be bothered to go edit/copy+paste the relevant parts.

McLovin'
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I will I guess at some point...

*~Angel Wing~*
08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I recently posted a quote about this topic in another thread link here

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1844899&postcount=29

This was taken from gameFAQs which has an Ultimania translation, it contains proof both from x-2 and the makers namely Kitase that events that took place in x-2 set others in motion that eventually wound up with ff7.
I find this whole thing extremely interesting...

At 1st I thought this was a crazy theory...now I'm not so sure.

I was wondering why they named that kid Shinra. And when I 1st started playing FFVII: Dirge Of Cerberus, I was telling my younger sister that the whole secret Deepground stuff reminded me of Bevelle keeping secrets in FFX and FFX-2, and she agreed with me.

It would be really interesting if ALL the Final Fantasys were somehow connected...:choc2:

I just thought of another interesting connection. It might not have to do with anything but I still thought it was cool: FFVII was the 1st Final Fantasy on PlayStation, and FFX was the 1st to be on PlayStation2.

If we followed this pattern, that would mean FFVIII and FFXI would be connected somehow, and FFIX and FFXII. [cuz FFVIII was the 2nd game on PlayStation and so on…]

I know it's a kinda weird theory, but you never know...:D

Garn the Red
08-27-2006, 02:52 AM

yeah, i don't know why somepeople think ffx/ffx-2 is connected to
ffvii/ac :mad:

Wait wich FF are we talking about again? And the word you are looking for is allusion to ff8.

kissgirls
08-27-2006, 07:09 AM
isn't this thred about FF8 and FF7AC?
whats FFX/X-2 have to do with this?

Xurts
08-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Because Nomura made some dumbass statement that 7 and 10 occur in the same continuity.

Ryushikaze
08-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Because Nomura made some dumbass statement that 7 and 10 occur in the same continuity.

And Nojima, and Kitase, and the Ultimania guide... It's not a one off statement. It's been stated several times by several people who are in an authority to speak about the work.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
08-28-2006, 02:47 AM
So the Planet is a different world from Spira??

I don't know. I guess it all could be possible (I mean, if they say that's how they want to make it, well, okay, fine). I don't really like the idea of 7 being the future of 10. It just seems.......er, messed up or something. That doesn't really explain what happens to Spira if the Planet is a planet ShinRa's descendents traveled to though, now does it? (unless I read the article wrong and Spira and the Planet are the same planet).

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2006, 05:55 AM

Total agreement. Maybe the people who made the movie wanted to put some references? Just for fun?

Or maybe Tetsuya Nomura can't make a character that doesn't look exactly like the last one he just made.

Aralith
08-28-2006, 07:19 AM

Or maybe Tetsuya Nomura can't make a character that doesn't look exactly like the last one he just made.
Yeah, Nomura never was that good of a storyteller. I think that the best thing he ever did for the series was kill Aerith. And I mean that in a good way. I really liked Aerith, but her death was one of the best twists in that story, especially with everything that led up to it. If there was ever a good moment in Nomura's storytelling career, that was it.

G SpOtZ
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM

Yeah, Nomura never was that good of a storyteller. I think that the best thing he ever did for the series was kill Aeris. I would have enjoyed licking Sephiroth's blade after he impaled her. Sweet, sweet, death and invisible blood. Mmm.

Aeris sucks.
Fixed.

BizarroSephiroth
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM
i was watching the movie advent children and noticed denzel had squalls necklace on.....he also has brown hair alot like squalls and a girl that looks after him as if they wre siblings..(marlene)...tifa looks after the children in the orphanage..she has long black hair and black clothes....coincidence...meh...whatryagonnado!?!?!? i know the characters names are different to the characters in ff8....but again something even more far fetched...cetra=centra without the N.....:mad: i was just wondering if anybody else noticed anything similar like this i know this seems kinda crazy.....oh well...
why do you use so many periods in ALL your posts? Just curious

Aralith
08-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Jeez, G SpOtZ! Well, I can see that you are one of the Aerith haters. Don't include me in your little group though. At least I'm not like one of the (no offense meant here) people that are just like, "Aerith! Aerith, Aerith, Aerith! I love Aerith! Aerith should have never died! What?! You can resurrect her! OMG! How?! I love Aerith! I LOVE Aerith!!!!!"

Those people make Jesus cry.

Xurts
08-28-2006, 10:49 PM

And Nojima, and Kitase, and the Ultimania guide... It's not a one off statement. It's been stated several times by several people who are in an authority to speak about the work.
Yeah, but it's still one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. They should all be beaten multiple times for coming up with such a terrible idea.

sephirothishere
08-29-2006, 01:50 PM

hahahahahaha.....more power to them...heheheheheheheh.....

Originally Posted by sephirothishere
i was watching the movie advent children and noticed denzel had squalls necklace on.....he also has brown hair alot like squalls and a girl that looks after him as if they wre siblings..(marlene)...tifa looks after the children in the orphanage..she has long black hair and black clothes....coincidence...meh...whatryago nnado!?!?!? i know the characters names are different to the characters in ff8....but again something even more far fetched...cetra=centra without the N..... i was just wondering if anybody else noticed anything similar like this i know this seems kinda crazy.....oh well...

i do do that alot.....huh....its more like direct speech than an essay when i do the periods....essays bum me out....school pisses me off...
ya know what i mean

Dante WolfWood
09-18-2006, 11:26 PM

hahahahahaha.....more power to them...heheheheheheheh.....

Originally Posted by sephirothishere
i was watching the movie advent children and noticed denzel had squalls necklace on.....he also has brown hair alot like squalls and a girl that looks after him as if they wre siblings..(marlene)...tifa looks after the children in the orphanage..she has long black hair and black clothes....coincidence...meh...whatryago nnado!?!?!? i know the characters names are different to the characters in ff8....but again something even more far fetched...cetra=centra without the N..... i was just wondering if anybody else noticed anything similar like this i know this seems kinda crazy.....oh well...

i do do that alot.....huh....its more like direct speech than an essay when i do the periods....essays bum me out....school pisses me off...
ya know what i mean

I bet people tell you that you're "special", don't they?

Araciel
09-19-2006, 05:34 AM
i noticed one glaring similarity: both have final fantasy in the title. aside from that, maye the victory music but that's about it

Novaris
09-19-2006, 12:12 PM
I'd say FFVII is more of a past of FFX. It's possible for VIII to relate to this storyline, we just need somebody with a very keen eye to tell us.

Mercen-X
09-20-2006, 08:45 PM

It's called a reference and you're delusional if you think Square is guilty of any kind of coincidence. There are no coincidences when dealing with Square. So . . . DEAL WITH IT.

I think that the best thing he ever did for the series was kill Aeris.
Fixed.

Yes. It's stupid that people have decided to go with the "real" spelling of Aeris with a TH because they'd no longer be able to pronounce Sephiroth properly. Sephiroth is a real word people . . . DEAL WITH IT.

Ryushikaze
09-21-2006, 12:04 AM

It's called a reference and you're delusional if you think Square is guilty of any kind of coincidence. There are no coincidences when dealing with Square. So . . . DEAL WITH IT.

I think that the best thing he ever did for the series was kill Aeris.
Fixed.

Yes. It's stupid that people have decided to go with the "real" spelling of Aeris with a TH because they'd no longer be able to pronounce Sephiroth properly. Sephiroth is a real word people . . . DEAL WITH IT.

And Aerith is an anagram involving the word earth. It's also official. DEAL WITH IT.