PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana

Armisael
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I was thinking to buy an RPG game to keep me occupied for some time, and while i was browsing at amazon, Atelier Iris seemed a good choice!

So have any of you played this game and could tell me if this is really good?

Thanks!

JKTrix
08-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't call it "really good".

You'd be better off picking one of NIS's *real* games. (NIS published Atelier Iris in the US, but Gust actually made it)

I highly suggest Disgaea, Disgaea 2 (which isn't out yet, a couple more weeks), Phantom Brave or Makai Kingdom. All these are NIS games, and excellent 2D RPGs for the PS2. If you can find them.

Raebus
08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Disgaea, buy it. It was probably the most addictive game I ever played. The others are still good but can't compare to disgaea.

JKTrix
08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
The other games are considerably cheaper and generally more available.
These games can certainly last you a long long time though. There are tons of (optional) things to do.

The Devil Man
08-02-2006, 08:59 PM
If you have a PlayStation 2, then I'd recommend any of the following:

1: Disagea
2: La Pucelle Tactics
3: Makai Kingdom
4: Phantom Brave
5: Atelier Iris 2 (The sequel is pretty good)

I'm not sure if it is out yet but Steambot Chronicles also got many good reviews. It is meant to be quite unusual but highly playable.

If you happen to have a PSP, then checkout:

1: Tales of Eternia (Immensely enjoyable RPG)
2: Legend of Heroes : A Tale of Vermillion (Also beautiful and highly playable)
3: Kingdom of Paradise (Not as good, but still wonderful to play)

Hope that helps!

Ashi
08-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm currently playing Atellier Iris. It didn't really "catch me and tie me to the couch in front of the tv" like other games did. But it seems interesting because of the mission things and it's like an easy way to get money. And it's an RPG not a Strategy RPG (I don't like those). Also, you get to mix items and make recovery items or things you can use in battle which can get pretty fun because you can change the ingredients.

I'm only about 7 hours into the game, and I'm still interested! So it can't be that bad, can it? ;)

Ishin Ookami
08-06-2006, 10:11 AM
I actually loved both Atelier Iris titles currently available in the west. The first had some great characters and writing. The joke with the water spirit still cracks me up to this day "Do you know how annoying that is" indeed. It isn't the most technically advanced RPG out there, actually it looks like something that crawled out of the late 16-bit era honestly, but I don't care. Its fun, well written, with good gameplay and likeable characters.

And I personally think Veola is a great character, the love triangle between her, lita, and klein is perfect. Espescially when you get to see how awful a cook she is. The Element X joke still cracks me up to this day.