PDA

View Full Version : MMORPGS?

licence
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
So which are the most commonly played MMORPGs on this forum?

I've played RO for months but since I don't have a job couldn't afford to keep paying the monthly fee.
I recently started playing Maple Story, which is free but seems quite childish and is quite repetetive.

So which MMORPGs do you guys play?

Freya
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
World of warcraft, if you type "kek" they'll know what you mean.

Mirage
08-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Final Fantasy XI, but that costs more than RO. Also, I don't see how Maple Story is more repetitive than RO. RO is like the definition of repetition. :)

JKTrix
08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
If you want 'free' (as in no monthly fees) one of the best ones is Guild Wars. You have to pay for the game itself, and the expansions if you want it, but you don't pay any monthly fees.

If you luck out and get a job, World of Warcraft is the most played game in general. Take a peek at this 'MMORPG' market share chart.
http://mmogchart.com/Chart7.html

WoW takes up 52% of the MMO market share. That's ONE game beating out ALL the other games combined. And it is probably one of the better MMOs out there.
FFXI may be a little frustrating for you, especially if you're coming from Maple Story. WOW is really top-of-the-line.

licence
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Hmmmm, is Guild Wars a good one?

I should be getting a job in the next month or so, 16 in just over a week.

O and I didn't find RO as repetetive as some of my friends played it. In Maple Story I'm on my own.

Flying Mullet
08-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Maple Story bored me after a while because of the level grind. But then again, that's why I don't play MMORPGs for the most part anymore.

licence
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Maple Story bored me after a while because of the level grind. But then again, that's why I don't play MMORPGs for the most part anymore.

Yeah leveling in Maple takes a while. Even when you're at say level 18.

DK
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Currently playing Guild Wars: Factions, Space Cowboy Online is an awesome free MMO but the grind is horrendus, or at least it was when I last played.

starseeker
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm playing AnimaRO until I can get a debit card and play FFXI (1 month 'til I'm 16)

Zante
08-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I play Guild Wars, its the best MMO out there imho (from the ones I played at least, including WoW).

Sylvie
08-02-2006, 10:14 PM
FFXI ftw.

IMO:

RO Sucks.

Maple Story sucks.

WoW is "okay".

Madame Adequate
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Bur @ people not playing WoW.

City of Heroes/Villains is okay, but gets pretty grindy. EVE Online is amazing, but very, very slow. WoW is pretty damn awesome, despite some major flaws with PvP.

Endless
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
WoW for me. :D

Freya
08-02-2006, 11:48 PM

City of Heroes/Villains is okay, but gets pretty grindy. EVE Online is amazing, but very, very slow. WoW is pretty damn awesome, despite some major flaws with PvP.
The horde cheat i swear.....

If you have the money WoW would be your ticket. You will always find a group when you need it unles your a 12 yr old boy playing a hunter. Then well good luck.

Rostum
08-02-2006, 11:52 PM
WoW and FFXI are pretty decent.

licence
08-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Well, I've been thinking about WoW for a long while but I didn't know how much it was monthly. Could anyone tell me?

Rostum
08-03-2006, 12:59 AM
I think it's 14.95USD per month.

licence
08-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Hmmm, so if the price is the same worldwide, it'd probably be just under £10 in UK. Seems reasonable.

Markus. D
08-03-2006, 02:22 AM
back into FlyFF

its clearly the best game in the entire world.

there even starting to develop more depth in there storyline missions.

I have a Mage :] it makes me happy :]

Endless
08-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Hmmm, so if the price is the same worldwide, it'd probably be just under £10 in UK. Seems reasonable.

Actually, it's less. £8.99 for one month, £8.39/month for three, and £7.69/month for six.

Slicksword45
08-03-2006, 04:02 AM
I play WoW.

I'm a mage.
My friend was like "NOOOOO!!! MAGES STINK!!!! BE A PALLY!!!!" but I said "Screw you" and mage-a-fied my self =p

also, big advntge WoW has over Guild wars.
Guildwars = 4 chars.
WoW = 8 per sever. and their are ALOT of severs.

Madame Adequate
08-03-2006, 04:05 AM

The Horde don't call in level 50+ to repel 15 people who are no higher than 35 in world PvP.

Alliance need to stop QQing and fight like men.

Slicksword45
08-03-2006, 04:13 AM

The Horde don't call in level 50+ to repel 15 people who are no higher than 35 in world PvP.

Half the alliance is naked NE dancing on mailboxes...

Madame Adequate
08-03-2006, 04:15 AM

And the other half is Gnomes throwing money at them. This is why I'm Horde.

But we get Blood Elves.

I QQ about this a lot.

Freya
08-03-2006, 05:20 AM

I'm not on a pvp server, Azjol-Nerub ftw!

And the other half is Gnomes throwing money at them. This is why I'm Horde.

But we get Blood Elves.

I QQ about this a lot.
If they throw money where have i been? I need a mount after buy my warden staff.

But hey with the new expansion more poeple will play and we get shammies now! Btw pallies kinda suck soooo sucks to be you guys!

Markus. D
08-03-2006, 07:20 AM
I play WoW.

I'm a mage.
My friend was like "NOOOOO!!! MAGES STINK!!!! BE A PALLY!!!!" but I said "Screw you" and mage-a-fied my self =p

Guildwars = 4 chars.

bzzzt

the only limit of guild wars is that its instanced :(

but it has alloooooot of better things then WoW, esspecially since factions has started.

a person in our guild has 12 character slots.

Zante
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Guildwars = 4 chars.

You get two char slots per expansion, and a new feature makes it so extra slots can be bought.

Rostum
08-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Why would you want to have more than a few characters on an MMO? O.o;

Markus. D
08-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Why would you want to have more than a few characters on an MMO? O.o;

well, there are alot of classes and cobinations on guild wars, and there only going to get larger per 6 month expansion.

ps: sure WoW has servers, but, GW doesnt need servers, it uses few servers, with many lagless districts.

Peegee
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I play World of Warcraft as a (thank God) Warrior. This is good because other than Warlocks, I cannot play any class properly.

Msg peegee on arthas any time. I am INSANE on this game.

Like 100x pgism on these boards.