PDA

View Full Version : Strange video-ripping 'problem'?

Lyricsride
08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey guys how's it going. I know a lot of people have ripped the FMV's off of PSX cd's onto their computers. I tried it today, with success using the http://fatoprofugus.net/ff8/ method. Strange thing is, all the videos were truncated, at least on disc 1 which is the one i tried. This didn't have anything to do with my drive space, there's plenty of space left. i'm using

Lastly, the next strange thing is when i open the file with PSXVIDEO, it truncates the .str even more! Strange... For instance.

The first balm Garden FMV, should = 22 seconds.
Extracting it off the PSX cd and playing it in PsxPLAY = 10 seconds
Extracting it off the PSX cd and playaing it in PsxVIDEO = 7 seconds

..AhhHSHYGD !:mad2:

Should i use the PC version of FFVIII to extract the video? Also, is this video of a higher-resolution than the PSX counter-part?

Thanks

Flying Mullet
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Have you tried searching on the net for the FMVs? I'm sure there are hundreds of copies of the FMVs floating around the web if you need them.

Lyricsride
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Generally that would work, it's a good suggestion, but what i'm *trying* to get access to is a high quality library to create professional music videos with.

If you know any sites out there that have hi-resolution non-tagged libraries of FFVIII et al footage, i'd love to know about it... haha.

As far as i know such a thing does not exist however. Maybe the occasional file here and there.

Good suggestion though, thanks.

Lyricsride
08-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok i've solved my problem with PSXMulti.... still want higher-res but i guess when its from-the-source can't ask for much more huh... :0