PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Game Cube games

Roto13
08-03-2006, 05:07 AM
I want to take some GCN games with me when I go to Toronto next week, but I don't want to carry those clunky cases. I'm nervous about putting them in a CD wallet, due to their awkward size. Has anyone tried it before? Is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Moon Rabbits
08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
I have a little plastic mini-diskette box that I use to carry around mini-discs. They get a little scratched though, so I started putting little folded squares of toilet paper in between them.

EDIT: The box is about the same size as ten discs stacked on top of eachother. I suggest finding something that is the same in a store, or making one out of cardboard...or something.

Rengori
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
You can buy a pack of small CD's at an office supply store, chuck the CD's and use the case those came in.

Cz
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Mini-disc wallets aren't that hard to come by, so I'd go for one of those. If you want a free solution, though, you can just use ordinary CD cases. The hole in the centre of a GameCube disc is the same size as that of an ordinary CD, so you needn't worry about it staying secure. It won't save space quite as well as a wallet would, but it's certainly an improvement on the official packaging.

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2006, 03:48 PM
my friend has a GC game cd book, I have a few games on top of my stack of burnable CDs and that works well enough for me.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
08-03-2006, 04:19 PM
You could get some Japanese Game Cases. They're pretty small. I'm pretty sure that the Gameboy Player is packaged in a Japanese Case. :choc2:

Roto13
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I think I might go for the CD case thing and put them in a box or something to protect them.

SuperNatural
08-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I'd just wrap your GameCube disks in wet tissues and then stick them in your pocket. That's what I do.

Tavrobel
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Mini Disc wallets, and these little plastic individual colored cases that conform to the small size CDs work wonders. I usually put mine in a normal sized CD wallet (it's no wallet, it holds like 96 CDs). I try to put them in the middle between a bunch of games so they don't slide around that much. I'd rather just take the entire box for each game but if you don't want to, it's understandable.

Roto13
08-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm flying, and I'm staying for two weeks, so luggage space is an issue.

Tavrobel
08-03-2006, 07:36 PM
As I said, it's understandable that you don't want to take up alot of space.

Go for mini-disc-wallets. They aren't that big.

Images
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/full/37452i0.jpg
http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog3091/folder22195/img2209264.jpg

This site claims that the cases shown are for eight centimeter CDs.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37452&doy=search

EDIT: One of the images was the same as the other.

Roto13
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I should look into that. It might be a bit hard to find in my area, though. I need it for Tuesday.

Tavrobel
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Best Buy is man's best friend. Failing that, you could try Circuit City, or a local electronics store. If you get REALLY desperate, go to the Staples or a local supplies store.

I saw a bunch of mini CD wallets at the Best Buy a few days back, despite my proximity to the middle of nowhere.