PDA

View Full Version : HalfmoonMUD Project

Sylvie
08-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Okay, so I am starting a game called "HalfmoonMUD" using the program Game Maker. I think Game Maker is a great program, which is great for beginners such as me.

This game is inspired by DeviousMUD by Andrew Gower. DeviousMUD was the first version of Runescape. I saw a screenshot and thought the graphics looked cool, with the Isometric stuff. So this is what inspired me. I actually hate Runescape, to be honest. But I have lots of memories with it, since I used to play.

Here is what the sprites of the game will look like.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/OdinDragoon/sprite.gif

They are obviously inspired by DeviousMUD (Screenie below)
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7c/DeviousMUD2.PNG

I am going to be starting on it relatively soon. It is going to start off as just single player. Once I have at least an area to explore and something to kill/do, people will be able to test it.

Any Ideas, comments, thoughts, concerns, etc. will be appreciated. I will keep you posted with the stages of the game. So tell me what you think! :D

Roto13
08-03-2006, 05:33 AM
I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. Be careful with the hit detection.

Rostum
08-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Good luck with it! I used to use Game Maker to create some pretty simple platform games, ages ago. I really do like the program, has a lot of freedom and versitility.

Sylvie
08-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks guys! :thumb: I really can't wait to start it. I am taking a class for Game Maker, since Monday. Ends on Friday. Hopefully I can learn some cool stuff from it.

bipper
08-03-2006, 03:29 PM
That is not a MUD :mad2: It does look quite interesting thouhg :) Gluck!

Roto13
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
You're not going to try to convert him to C++?

Sylvie
08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Bipper, I am pretty sure MUDs can have graphics, can't they?

Rengori
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I've played some pretty cool Game Maker games (one of them was like Megaman, only you're a rebellious met hat), so good luck.

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Wow! looks cool dude! good luck!

Markus. D
08-05-2006, 02:48 AM
awesome :]

bipper
08-05-2006, 04:09 AM
You're not going to try to convert him to C++?

He will find his way :meditate:

Bipper, I am pretty sure MUDs can have graphics, can't they?
And no, graphical muds cannot exist. They have actually been called Vmuds for Visual Muds. Also, a mud must be completely dependant on a text area to operate as any type of mud. If I ever get arround to resurecting a mud server, I will have to let you play one. They are better than any graphical imagenatary controceptive, by far.

And use c++.