PDA

View Full Version : i like my coffee black, just like my metal.

Jowy
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Mindless Self Indulgence <3. Anyone else a fan, or am I the only one who likes them? They put on the best show I've ever seen as well.

Nominus Experse
08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Bring the Pain was the very first song I heard of them, and I shall reveal my initial reaction to them:

"Damn... that sounds awesome... It's like...like crack for my ears. Gimme gimme gimme!"

I enjoy MSI from time to time, but their songs seem too short and somewhat repetitive from time to time, but truly, they are a fun and most definately an energetic, bordering insanity band.

Glad to hear someone else has a crack addiction for their ears...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: <<<< That's basically what it's like, which is fun, from time to time

Crushed Hope
08-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Meh, I come in here expecting a thread on black metal, and I get something about the pointless pop group MSI :(

Shoden
08-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Meh, I come in here expecting a thread on black metal, and I get something about the pointless pop group MSI :(

It's hard to resist being disappointed, isn't it. Who the hell's MSI anyway?

Maxico
08-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I liked the Jhonen Vasquez directed video.

But the musics kind of, meh.

Nominus Experse
08-03-2006, 04:42 PM

It's hard to resist being disappointed, isn't it. Who the hell's MSI anyway?
Mindless Self Indulgence is a group of four members who describe their own music as "industrial jungle p***y punk", though in the terms of a set genre, they would be termed as being eletropunk with very strong influences from industrial, electronic, and hip-hop.

They are contraversial due to the fact that many of their lyrics revolve around issues and themes such as homosexuality and violence, both speaking for and against in their songs and concerts. Also, Euringer and Steve, Righ? possess wide vocal ranges, stretching from tenor to high falsetto, which is extreme and creates a very interesting sound when set within the fast-paced, heavy, unstoppable rythms and beats and riffs.

It is, however, their live shows that have gained them the most recognition, for their shows are so full of energry - exactly as their music sounds, they give in performances. The band is known to stay after the show has finished, signing whatever fans want signed until not one person is left wanting a signature. They also take all wanted photographs with all desiring fans.

There, for those of you who are not familiar with MSI, you now know.

Fuego
08-05-2006, 03:57 AM
I am surprised too ... i like MSI but i was thinking i would see like Sepultura or something XD lol oh well .

Crushed Hope
08-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I am surprised too ... i like MSI but i was thinking i would see like Sepultura or something XD lol oh well .

:\ Why? Sepultura arn't black metal, so one really shouldn't expect a thread that should be about black metal to be about a thrash metal band.

Fuego
08-05-2006, 09:40 PM
If you google black metal (like i did) you will find them listed as black metal :p
I didn't make that call i just used the info ... either way i like them
and MSI isn't black metal or metal for that matter either, but i still enjoy their music. anyway what do you listen to Crushed hope ? just curious .

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-43,GGLG:en&q=black+metal">This is a link.</a>

DK
08-05-2006, 09:42 PM
If you google black metal (like i did) you will find them listed as black metal :p

lawl

Crushed Hope
08-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I didn't make that call i just used the info ... either way i like them
and MSI isn't black metal or metal for that matter either, but i still enjoy their music. anyway what do you listen to Crushed hope ? just curious .

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-43,GGLG:en&q=black+metal">This is a link.</a>

Hmm weird. Anyways, I listen to anything from folk music, to musical theater, to all of the many styles of metal, to alternative rock and what not.

As for metal, top 5 bands right now:

Agalloch
Pain of Salvation
Solefald
Diabolical Masquerade
Artillery

Fuego
08-05-2006, 10:08 PM
did you see lol !
thats weird !
anyway cool . i am getting into more Industrial stuff and revisting my fav goth bands.
I am chillin with
Razed in black
Siouxsie and the banshees
Bauhaus
Laibach
Skinny Puppy
and since the concert i have been listening to more
Ministry

I go through music in shifts and phases :)

Moon Rabbits
08-06-2006, 05:31 PM
I hate Jimmy Page~

Considering my second life goal is to makeout with Jimmy Urine we can safely assume I like this band.

feona17
08-06-2006, 06:53 PM
So many of my friends have talked about this band... but I never checked them out. Maybe I should?

blue phoenix
08-06-2006, 07:23 PM
i think i was the only one to misread this thread as

"i like my coffee black, just like my men"

which worried me so much i was forced to scan the new posts back up again.

Nominus Experse
08-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I am chillin with
Razed in black
Siouxsie and the banshees
Bauhaus
Laibach
Skinny Puppy
and since the concert i have been listening to more
Ministry

Man, Fuego, you and I could get along quite well - our music tastes are literally exactly alike. The only minute difference is that instead of listening to Laibach, I have been listening to :Wumpscut:.

NorthernChaosGod
08-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Meh, I come in here expecting a thread on black metal, and I get something about the pointless pop group MSI

Moon Rabbits
08-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Meh, I come in here expecting a thread on black metal, and I get something about the pointless pop group MSI

*ahem*

MSI is most definitely not pop.

They're industrialjunglepussypunk.

Avarice-ness
08-11-2006, 04:49 AM
It's sad that now I'm jamming to the music in my head. Shut Me Up. <3.

Yeah wait, someone said it was pop? They hurt me. They hurt me hard. ; ;
Okay I have no clue what we're talking about other than MSI and aisle said someone said they were pop and that person is incorrect! So I'm going! =D! *awkwardly walks out jamming*

[Edit] Oh wait Crushed Hope said that. That almost makes it irrelevant.

Crushed Hope
08-11-2006, 06:10 AM

Okay I have no clue what we're talking about other than MSI and aisle said someone said they were pop and that person is incorrect! So I'm going! =D! *awkwardly walks out jamming*

T_T

Sephex
08-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Great band. And I can't believe someone said they were pop. Wow.

Avarice-ness
08-11-2006, 06:43 AM

T_T

I didn't mean to have that offense, mostly because MSI fans are going to attack you for saying they are pop, so if I say it's irrelevant it never happened! =D?! :D

feona17
08-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Yuck. I downloaded some of their songs and it's absolutely horrible.

Jowy
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
So horrible that it's AWESOME.

Shiny
08-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Since when was Mindless Self Indulgence metal? :O_O: I like them, but they have an industrial sound to me.

Fuego
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Man, Fuego, you and I could get along quite well - our music tastes are literally exactly alike. The only minute difference is that instead of listening to Laibach, I have been listening to :Wumpscut:.

:Wumpscut: is always good in my book !
and industrial is a cousin of metal (well maybe distant cousin :Oo: ) ... but not like the b@$t@rd step child like emo is to goth >.<
... or wishes it was :D