PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-03-2006, 09:56 AM
yeah, so I was just sitting here at nearly 2 at night and an earthquake hits. Scared the crap out of me. I thought a boat had hit our floating home. But it was an earthquake.

And way back when I was in 5th grade, there was a big earthquake. It was awesome. We had to hide under our desks. The Washington State capitol building ended up needing construction because of it.

So, what are your earthquake stories?

nik0tine
08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Next time be sure to equip a Gaia Gear.

Raven Nox
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Today (well, yesterday now) we had a really small earthquake that was like 2 seconds long, and felt more like something hit the building really hard. It's the only earthquake I really remember, even though I've been living in an earthquake zone my whole life.

Slade
08-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Here in New Zealand we get earthquakes quite frequently. Every week in fact, although, you don't always feel them. My most memorable one was while I was at my parnets place. I heard it before I felt it......the cabinet which hold wine glasses and such made one hell of a noise.....it was so cool.

Nominus Experse
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I have yet to experience an earthquake, though I truly do wish to feel it at some point in my life. Perhaps I shall experience one when I move to New Zealand some day, which is in fact a plan of mine - to be down there within the next five years. Gives me a convenient excuse to head down I guess...

Arrianna
08-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I live in an area with alot of faultlines but for the most part their "dormant" so when we get a quake we feel it. I will never forget my first one. 4 AM and it was as if a large freight train was running right through the area. (vertical rather then horizontal shaking) It even sounded like one. Once it stopped we turned on the lights and checked the damage. Suprisingly little had been damaged. My sisters vanity mirror had jumped up in the air, flipped 360 degrees, and landed on the carpet leaning against her bed with nary a scratch.

Topcat
08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
A couple of years ago i was in corfu for my summer hols and one night an Earthquake hit the area. It woke up my family but i slept straight through it.:p Apparently their beds moved and other furniture too, it was on the news the next day but i was oblivious to it all.

I Took the Red Pill
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I remember there was a "tremor" in New York a few years back. Luckily I slept through the whole thing.

SammieBabe
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Mother Earth would rather drown us down here rather than swallow us...:)

Zeldy
08-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Ive never experienced one in my life. I think Id like to, though.

starseeker
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I never been in an earthquake.

Rye
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM
New York has no earthquakes. :)

Old Manus
08-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Never experienced any earthquakes, but I'm sure i felt something when this fat guy tripped over a bag and fell over.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Never expierienced an earthquake. I live in Massachusetts, never heard of one around here. :bounce:

MageLuingil
08-03-2006, 10:44 PM
There's earthquakes around here ... but they're not common, and you usually can't feel them. The worst one I've been through might have shaken lamp shades a little. So I can't say as I've really experienced one.

Freya
08-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Never felt one or even been near one. BUT if yellowstone blows into a volcano then i'm screwed, i mean i'm on the otherside of the state but still.

DeathKnight
08-04-2006, 03:00 AM
yeah, so I was just sitting here at nearly 2 at night and an earthquake hits. Scared the crap out of me. I thought a boat had hit our floating home. But it was an earthquake.

And way back when I was in 5th grade, there was a big earthquake. It was awesome. We had to hide under our desks. The Washington State capitol building ended up needing construction because of it.

So, what are your earthquake stories?

There are no earthquakes in NYC.