PDA

View Full Version : Coud you guys help me please?

pinkmage
08-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm on my first playthrough of the game and i have got the ragnarok and should be going to lunatic pandora and the like but im trying to get the ultimate weapons.

Ive got the Lionheart and Zells funny sounding one, but i need to know where i can find a Force Armlet for Rinoas weapon. I dont know whether i am good enough to fight the ochu thingys on the island closest to heaven, but i heard you can refine 10 Mag-J scrolls or something but i havent got that ability!

Any help would be great thanks!!

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Try defeating Elnoyle in Estar.
How?
Well, enter the city, go to the middle, you should see a dark Estar Soldier.
Talk to him, the battle begins.
Defeating him gives you Energy Crystals
Muging him gives you... Moon Stones
Can Draw Holy/Pain from him.
You can repeat this process as long as you want.
Just exit&enter, he'll be there.

Boosting your Levels and getting rare Items, you can fight Dragons at Island Closest to Hell ''Extreme Left Island'' to get levels and good items.
Try junctioning Bahamuths Ability to find rare items

And Cactuar Island is also the best place to learn abilities.

Best place to find it is with the Monster Guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_monster_encyclopaedia.txt)
You can find Malboro in the north of the Estar Continent. (Get Malboro Tentacles)
You can find Sharp Spike from DEATH CLAW in the forests of the centra conteinent near Edea's House.
Thoses are good for Quistis
You should have Save The Queen by now.

Challenge A Tri-Face at Island Closest to Heaven to get Curse Spike.
Challenge Iron Giant to get Star Fragment ''Tears Point''.
You should have strange vision by now, and the Solomon Ring ''Tears Point''

Challenge T-Rex to get Dino Bones ''IcHell, Balamb(Garden).''
You should have the Exeter.

Force Armlet=Ochu IcHeaven
Regen Ring=Chimera IcHeaven/Turtapod Estar
Winmill can be collected by Abyss Worms ''Any deserts''.
Rinoa's Shooting Star

That's about it.

Get:
6-Steel Pipes
6-Malboro Tentacles
6-Hi-Potion+
Use Solomon Ring...

pinkmage
08-03-2006, 07:30 PM
wow thanks will try that later i think i just need to get a little better then ill be fine thanks a bunch!! :D

Xurts
08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
King-Killer, the guy wanted to know how to get a Force Armlet. Posting all of that other crap was not necessary. Your Force Armlet strategy sucks anyway.

There are much faster ways to get the items required to upgrade than what you suggested anyway. So that post was pretty much a total waste of time.

pinkmage, Force Armlets can be bought at the Esthar Pet Shop if you have Tonberry's Familiar ability learned. Don't waste your time with what King-Killer said.

chrisfffan
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
i completed the game with out upgradeing the weapons i couldnt figure out how to do it!

pinkmage
08-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok ill go for Tonberry later cheers. i get seriously pwnd on the island closest to heaven i really need more spells lol. thank you!!

testifytotruth
08-06-2006, 04:26 PM
:cool: You could use my strategy to easily kill people in ICHeaven, junction 100 death to status attack on the 3 characters and just use physical attacks and you should kill them quickly. Or just use the tonberry way.

DfKimera
08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I beat the game with all characters on Level 20~, only the stock GFs (Shiva, Quezacolt, Ifrit, Cerberus, the Wind one i've gotten from Fujin), and no modded weapons... I guess magic junctioning beats it all...

testifytotruth
08-06-2006, 09:30 PM
i dont like t rush though

Xurts
08-06-2006, 11:52 PM
:cool: You could use my strategy to easily kill people in ICHeaven, junction 100 death to status attack on the 3 characters and just use physical attacks and you should kill them quickly. Or just use the tonberry way.
No offense, but that strategy sucks. Most of the enemies there are immune to Death and if they aren't, it still takes a couple hits before they will die. If you are weak, then you will be dead in a couple attacks.

Quistis's Degenerator + Initiative works the best BY FAR.

crazybayman
08-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Junction 100x Pain to status defense, as well as confuse, berserk, and death, and junction sleep to status attack. Or perhaps slow instead of death to status defense. If you don't have status defense x4, refine Selphie's card, which you can get from her friend in Trabia garden.

Refine cards and items to get high level magic, while remaining at low levels. The monsters will remain at low levels, while your stats are boosted. You'll own almost everything. Even the level 100 monsters on islands closest to heaven and hell will be easy, if you have the right magic junctioned, including Marlboros and Ochus.

As for Force Armlets, Forbiddens and Ochus drop them. Or you can mug force armlets from them, I'm pretty sure. In any case, Ochus will be easy with the right junctioning, as described above.

Xurts
08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I always put Death, Stop, and Pain for each of my ST-Atk-Js.

Human Devil
08-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Yea Malboros' are the only challenge next to Omega. :shifty: but i did beat him with ease the 2nd time:shifty: .