PDA

View Full Version : FF: XIII Or Versus?

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Witch one are you most interested in buying?
FFXIII: Story happens in the futur.
See trailer Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKBIMtw51P0&search=FFXIII)
Download it here (http://www.hellandheavennet.com/ff13/trailers/)
*Thank to Hyperion4444*

FFXIII Versus: Story happens in the present.
Has large cities with skyscrapers, ect.

Your comments.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-03-2006, 02:11 PM
FFVersusXIII looks like the same old Nomura crap, complete with gameplay by the Kingdom Hearts guys and cut scenes by the Advent Children guys. I'll invest my hopes in FFXIII.

feona17
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
FFXIII looks awesome, and I'm uber excited for it. (I mean, look at the trailer, the battles, the perfect looking non-FMV cutscenes)

Versus, looks good too, but there's not as much hype built up for me as much as FFXIII. But I'll probably be buying it. It's available on PS3 as well right?

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, they are both PS3.
Agito is just a cell phone game, not a platform game

But...
Not only are they both PS3.
I've heard that they may release them of the same date as well! (Can't confirm this.)

Choose:
XIII
Versus
Both!
Neither.
...Wait until PS3 price drops, Then I'll think about it.

Your comments.

SuperNatural
08-05-2006, 10:59 PM
"...Wait until PS3 price drops, Then I'll think about it."

Maux
08-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I'll probably wait until the price lowers or until I have enough money, whatever comes first.

I am looking forward to FFXIII more than Versus, it just looks like it will have better graphics, plot, and characters. Although I will probably buy both when they come out.(If I have a PS3).

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm probaly looking frward to FFXIII Versus dn't know why but looks alright, my brother ALWAYS tells me to wait, BUT I CANT!!!

Sefie1999AD
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
I think I'm a bit more excited about FF Vs. XIII. I've only seen one trailer about FFXIII, and it was decent. I haven't seen anything about FF Vs. XIII, but I think it has a better team working on it. I had more analysis about it here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1674014&postcount=5). I might not get either game, though, since they're for PS3. I'd also have to get DS to play FFIII's DS remake, and even that one will be very expensive to me.

LunarWeaver
08-06-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm more excited for V-XIII.

Aurons_Desciple
08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm looking foward to both equally, the lack of info for Versus just makes me want it more. I can't wait till the price drops, i'll be buying them the day of release

Raven Nox
08-09-2006, 08:18 AM
So far, I'm more excited for FFXIII, but it's a little early to really decide. I know I'll end up getting both anyway.

tomjanz
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't really know which one im more excited for, they dont have much information on versus? Ill probably get the one that comes out first, and then play the next one after, (unless they are released at the same time), then in that situation ill probably just got with xiii, and buy versus later.

Darknight32
08-10-2006, 04:33 AM
I still dont get it are they 2 completely different games with the final fantasy XIII title or are they somewhat similar.... Im confused
anyway..... Is it possible to see a trailer or screenshots or anything on versus

Zeromus_X
08-10-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't know much about either, but FFXIII looks more interesting, I suppose.

Mercen-X
08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Agito is set to be on Cell Phones, right? If I were capable of playing that game I would probably be hyped for it now.

XIII definitely has me drooling, but I think Versus looks pretty neat so far. It would probably be better though as a movie like Advent Children.

Vyk
08-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Give me the female lead (finally). I've seen that one in action and adore it. Vs seems to only have (limited) pictures available. If there's a trailer for that somewhere too, point me towards it. Otherwise, like Kishi, my bets are on regular XIII. I don't trust the KH team too much

Moon Rabbits
08-20-2006, 07:33 AM
XIII.

Dark Paladin
08-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I can't decide so i guess i'll love them both:love:

Conflagration
08-27-2006, 04:10 AM
I can't choose one right now since we don't know much about the games. The main character of Versus seems awesome though. The main char of FFXIII seems pretty cool too, at least a lot better than Yuna. What I want to know is if Versus will be a traditional RPG, too.

I don't know why Square Enix is wasting their time with cell phone games.

BustaMo
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I definitely have to go with the main version of the game in the series. I will get both games, but I'm looking more forward to FFXIII.

Conflagration
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I wonder when they'll release the FFVersusXIII trailer to the public.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-27-2006, 05:03 PM
i'm getting both, and any other FF game in the shop i that dont allready have.

EDIT that I

Stunt
08-28-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm probably going to get both, but Versus XIII seems quite more interesting to me.

RiseToFall
09-04-2006, 09:36 AM
~Both the games look really interesting, XIII and Versus but I really need more info on both games especially Versus. In the end I will be getting both of them to add to my growing collection, well as long as they keep both games offline. Also I hope Square-Enix doesn't start using that Micromanagement crap that other companies have been putting in like every game.

I do have a question though, I know what teams are working on Versus but who's working on XIII (the main game)?

King-Killer
09-08-2006, 02:29 AM
they are announcing more info on XIII & Versus at the tokyo game show.

Edit: As well as new trailer(s).
What are you hoping to see?

In my case, I want to see thoses real world soldiers in Versus.
I've seen just a screenshot of them with large automatic rifles.

It's supposed to be something like, the blue hair .. person is waiting on what seems like a throne, soldiers appear, they fire, something blocks the bullets from reaching .. that person, end of trailer.

Dragonsoul
09-25-2007, 03:33 AM
It's hard to say, both have my 100% interest and I will have both pre-ordered and get them the day they come out.

FF XIII is by the main FF team and FF V XIII is by the Kingdom Hearts team. I love the main FF team, but I haven't played any KH game yet.

FF XIII has the composer Masashi Hamauzu, from FF VII: DoG, which I thought had ok music but some was good. FF V XIII has the composer Yoko Shimomura, who composed for Front Mission, Street Fighter 2, Live A Live, and other top games, I'm very impressed with her work.

The story and characters in both games seem ultimate, so that part may be the same.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has the better composer but Final Fantasy XIII is from the main FF team, which I love, although maybe I'd love the KH team if I tried one of their games.

I'll lean slightly torward Final Fantasy XIII but only because it's the main game. I'm 100% interested in both games! :)

By the way, download the Manifold Irons track from Front Mission 1st(get the updated PS 1 version of the track not the old low quality Snes version!!), composed by Yoko Shimomura. Expect that type of high aggressive battle music in Final Fantasy Versus XIII! You can get that from zophar.net I think.

Anybody who listens to that track, tell me what you think of it please! :D

Nifleheim7
09-25-2007, 07:50 AM
I'll get both of course but Nomura's interviews made me more excited about Versus.
But this could change as the games get nearer their release date...

On a sidenote i really hope SE doesn't smurf us Europeans with the release dates:(

Gennosuke
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Square will i bet,they always do,i really dont understand why we always get the games last!!!

Kenshin IV
09-30-2007, 08:34 AM
I'll go with Versus on the sole fact that Thirteen's summons are Transformers. The only place to go from that is up.

Dark_Valentine
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
VERSUS XIII! I'm not that much into games w/ chicks...idk y, but it just doesn't seem as fun...I think X-2 ruined it for me...although, don't get me wrong it was a pretty good game...but too girly for me. =P

Vivisteiner
02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Ill get both. Even if both of them are :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Because the wait is gonna be so damn long.

Bolivar
02-07-2008, 01:06 AM
^same here... right now though i think versus is looking a tad bit more interesting... i'm kinda hoping they don't screw up the battle system in XIII... it seems like they're going to have it where you input a few commands at a time, then watch it unfold while you input more... potentially awesome but potentially sucky if it's more CTB-like as in X.

Northcrest
02-07-2008, 02:43 AM
XIII the original defiently has my attention. If vXIII has what people are guessing a Kingdom Hearts battle system I would most defenently take a shot at it. Though I got my money on the original selling more. I just want to see if Final Fantasy vXIII will have summons, magic or in the kind of Final Fantasy storyline at all. It looks like it probably won't as much since Kingdom Hearts committee is working on it. But I might be wrong.

MistaCloudStrife
02-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm getting both but I'm more interested in vsXIII. Seems like more of the devs I like are working on that one. =)

Mirage
02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Why choose?

Wolf Kanno
02-08-2008, 04:59 AM
Its hard to decide... I'm probably going to go for Versus just because between the two, I feel Versus will be almost exactly what you think it will be. The kinda game you know exactly what to expect when you play it. I sorta see it as DMC meets AC with the KH2 battle system. Plot I'm not so sure about but since very little has been said I can't comment on it. I just hope that A.) Its a one shot story. B.) Its fleshed out.

XIII is sorta've in a "wild card" zone for me but then again the more abundant (and yet not enough) information on it makes it a little more troublesome for me. XIII has a few good elements (story sounds intriguing and original, combat system has potential to be awsome) and then some not so desirable elements (looks like a compilation of elements from VII, VIII and X, mecha shiva! I can't wait to "ride" her! This teams last project together was X and X-2!). Basically I can see it going either way. My problem is that this team can come up with some cool and original ideas but they just can't seem to use and execute them as well as I would like. Basically I won't get my hopes up cause this team has let me down before.

My vote, I guess goes to Versus but only due to a total lack of info... Though I've heard Versus is suppose to be based on the Epic of Gilgamesh...

Rostum
02-08-2008, 05:14 AM
I get both. :D

Comet
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
they are announcing more info on XIII & Versus at the tokyo game show.

Edit: As well as new trailer(s).
What are you hoping to see?

In my case, I want to see thoses real world soldiers in Versus.
I've seen just a screenshot of them with large automatic rifles.

It's supposed to be something like, the blue hair .. person is waiting on what seems like a throne, soldiers appear, they fire, something blocks the bullets from reaching .. that person, end of trailer.

You are acting as if a trailer for both games hasn't come out yet. You do know that there are 2 trailers for both games, right?

Roto13
02-10-2008, 04:11 AM
FFVersusXIII looks like the same old Nomura crap, complete with gameplay by the Kingdom Hearts guys and cut scenes by the Advent Children guys. I'll invest my hopes in FFXIII.

Yeah, pretty much. At least the only Nomura garbage in XIII is the character designs, which I can live with. (As far as I know, that's all he's done to it.)

auberginedreams
03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Definately Versus. It looks much darker, and I think it will be very interesting to have a modern FF in next gen graphics. I love how epic the game appears to be in the trailers, compared to normal xiii where it just looks more light hearted. I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the more emo characters like cloud and squall to the naive, energetic ones like tidus and zidane. I have also heard it will have a tragic ending, which is honestly what makes or breaks the game for me. I loved the ending to tactics, it was just perfect, realistic, and it made a meaningful statement. In contrast, although the rest of the game was great, the ending to VI, for me, felt kind of kiddish. But all of this aside, I've never played an FF I didn't love, I just loved some more than others. Oh, and his hair. The guy in Versus has the coolest hair I've ever seen. And yes, this is very important in a FF game.

Serapy
03-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Probably will get both. Agito? I don't know, because I'm not really that interested in mobile gaming.

Dr.M
03-22-2008, 12:06 AM
im looking more forward to versus XIII. the boys are all gorgeous. ive always loved ff games with cities in them. basically wanted to stay in zanarkand the whole time lol.

Melodies of Life
04-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm definitely buying both of the PS3 releases - I'm probably not going to bother with the mobile phone version.

[.Pearl.]
06-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I think XIII looks better. I like the light+bright design of the game, unlike the very dark design of Versus XIII. Everything in Versus looks like it's black, but XIII actually has colors; I'm not a "darkness and evil is cool" person. :/
Plus, Lightning has pretty much the best damn character design of anyone in the FF series.

Dragonsoul
06-04-2008, 06:58 AM
I am more interested in Final Fantasy XIII right now. That and Final Fantasy Versus XIII are going to dominate my life, along with Starcraft 2(PC real time strategy game). I'm not sure if I'm anticipating Starcraft 2 or Final Fantasy Versus XIII more though.

Anyways, I'm getting all three games the day they come out. I'm anticipating these titles by far more than anything else coming out for the next 4-5 years, although I have a feeling that I'll be extremely interested in Square Enix's next Mmorpg "Rapture" when it comes out.

By the way, I think the "other" female character in Final Fantasy XIII and the main antagonist female character in Final Fantasy Versus XIII is great, and so is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. They seem probably better than other female Final Fantasy characters in recent years.

tidus_rox
06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Um... VXIII!
I like the darker atmosphere.
XIII Looks awesome too, though!!

Hyperion4444
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
XIII for me.
I'll look into VXIII before buying it...
maybe as greatest hit with a beautiful red casing?