PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Wind Wakers graphic style?

KentaRawr!
08-03-2006, 05:29 PM
So, what do you think of the graphic style in Wind Waker?

Personally, I found the graphic style to be very fitting to the game, and was very fresh. The world was so colorful. While people did look rather... unsavory... I can honestly say that I like the graphic style of the game.

Howz about you?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/ZeldaWindWaker2.jpg

Don't make Link cry. :cry:

Roto13
08-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I like everything, except for Link's character design. That's the only qualm I have with the graphics. I love the water, I love the towns, I love the dungeons (especially), I love the characters and I really, really love the monsters. Link just looks... weird. It's his eyes.

Shoeberto
08-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I liked them. They were new and fresh and gave the world a unique feel.

Elite Lord Sigma
08-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Everything's bright and colorful. I like it.

SuperNatural
08-03-2006, 06:15 PM
The graphics are probably the only strong point in the Wind Waker, though, I perfer the A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time art style. A common misconseption about people who dislike The Wind Waker dislike it for the graphics. That is about 90% not the case. The problems I had with The Wind Waker was the dull and boring sailing, the terribly repetivative and uninteresting Triforce hunt, the lame mini-games and sidequests (compaired to Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time which set the bar high for Zelda in that area as well as others), complete lack of an overworld, the lack of big islands (most were too small to even walk on and really had nothing except maybe a hidden cave), the "plot-twist" was a complete rip-off of Ocarina of Time's (Zelda true identity), and the dungeons were dull and too easy compaired to the other Zelda games before it. Sorry, but I'll chose gameplay over graphics any day. But yes, I did like the graphics.

edczxcvbnm
08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Graphics were awesome...too bad the game wasn't all that good.

I Took the Red Pill
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I loved the graphics simply because they were unique and colorful.

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I think Nintendo knows what the main problems were with the game. Unlike other Zelda games, I think they rushed Wind Waker more. SO, they're being extra careful with TP to make sure that there's no stupid boring parts.

THE JACKEL

Rostum
08-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I do love the cell shaded graphics, very nice and colourful. I've never played more than half an hour (as I don't have a GCN), but I still enjoyed it. I'm also very fond of Dragon Quest VIII's cell shaded graphics.

Hambone
08-04-2006, 01:07 AM
They is be crap.

Markus. D
08-04-2006, 01:10 AM
I love it, another reason why its my faveorite Zelda game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I enjoyed the graphics, although I don't like the overall kiddish appearance. I realize it's supposed to be bright and colorful, and for that it succeeded admirably, but that just didn't fit with how I think a Zelda game should be.

Sephex
08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
They is be crap.

May I ask why? I thought they were very fitting for the game. If you (or anyone else) say something along the lines of "they are teh kiddiez lololol" then you have absolutely no business playing video games.

Hambone
08-04-2006, 02:23 PM
They is be crap.

May I ask why? I thought they were very fitting for the game. If you (or anyone else) say something along the lines of "they are teh kiddiez lololol" then you have absolutely no business playing video games.
What do you mean I have no business playing video games? I love video games. :) I just really don't get why Nintendo decided to make those type of graphics. I like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's style of graphics better.

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
because if all games look like TP people will argue about they want the cel shaded graphics

also your 1 opinion isnt that much

Sephex
08-04-2006, 09:08 PM
They is be crap.

What do you mean I have no business playing video games? I love video games. :) I just really don't get why Nintendo decided to make those type of graphics. I like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's style of graphics better.

Hold up. I only said the whole "business" deal assuming if you or anyone didn't like it simply because it looks "kiddy". There is a long story on why I feel that is dumb. If you don't like it simply because you don't dig the art style, then I can respect that.

Cookie
08-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Excellent. One of my fave games of all time.

Necronopticous
08-04-2006, 10:11 PM
The art style for Wind Waker is, in my opinion, the best in the Zelda series. A game like Wind Waker will look good forever. I am psyched about the Twilight Princess, but I can't help feeling like eventually those graphics will look dated and completely outdone.

Chrono Trigger is a good example of a game done with an art style that allowed the game to remain timeless. In my opinion, that game still looks good. I think the Wind Waker will be quite the same.

Dreddz
08-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Cel shaded games look great, Windwaker looks good but I prefer Dark Chronicle and XIII's style of cel shading..

Angelroo
08-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I was kinda put off by the art style after playing Ocarina. I thought the game looked great, but the style I guess just wasn't my cup of tea. Fun to play, though.