PDA

View Full Version : favourite profession

vylion
08-03-2006, 06:54 PM
you guys got a favourite profession on Tactics? mines easily summoners because if you combine there summon abilities with abilites like turbo mp then you can desroy another clan in one hit easy!

Skyblade
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Assassin/Sniper is my favorite.

Blue Mages are the most powerful though.

f f freak
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I like a Sniper with summon abilities.

Yuffie514
08-03-2006, 11:52 PM
i would probably say Hunter, since there are abilities that i would use more often than in other Jobs:

Hunting...defeat weakened opponent, 10 JP ^__^
Sidewinder...good for punishing bothersome creatures
Sonicboom...a little short-ranged; good on multiple targets
Weapon Atk+...thumbs up for all of the above

Roto13
08-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Paladin, for their resilience. Also, Illusionists for their fun range.

horyo
08-04-2006, 05:37 AM
I like all the jobs.

But my fav. for humans would be blue mage and ninja.

boys from the dwarf
08-04-2006, 10:35 AM
dragoon/gladiator is possibly the most powerful thing on the game. sheer power, massive HP and great abilities such as dragonheart and ever tried bonecrusher with a spear and a 2 panel range? and if you have about 3 of them and 3 spellcasters like a WM BM and a sage with the combo command youll do over 300 damage easily. ive nearly always found combos more useful than totemas. totemas do good damage to all enemies but combos can beat enemies and often bosses and strong monsters in one shot. so dragoon with gladiators abilties is my favourite.

horyo
08-05-2006, 06:14 AM
With my ninja and other combos I've done over 500 dmg.

Markus. D
08-05-2006, 07:08 AM
I like the subtlety of a Fencer :]

the Mind-o-Mancy of a... whatsaname

auhin
08-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Time Mage, slow down the baddies, quicken your uber fighters, then blast 'em all with Demi!

tan
08-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I only liked Black Mages, mostly because they're the only ones who ever killed anyone.

deek the noob
08-06-2006, 05:52 AM
I liked Paladins\Blackmage or Paladin\Whitemage cause they were pretty resilient and with double sword they could dish out some major damage with combos and with the magic they could damage or heal from a distance

Nominus Experse
08-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Assassin/Sniper or a Summoner/Red Mage combination were what I found to be the most enjoyable. Nothing like an Assassin's speed and a Sniper's power, or a Summoner's MP and Magic coupled with Double Cast and Buff/Debuff magics.

Crossblades
08-07-2006, 01:31 AM
White Monks
Summoners/Red Mage
Black Mage
Dragoon
Ninja

Elite Lord Sigma
08-07-2006, 03:37 AM
I like Sages, because they can unleash total chaos on their foes. Having a tankload of MP and an Ultima ability also makes them awesome.

licence
08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Hmm might be a good place to ask. Whats the best way to boost a paladin's move range? My paladin is always about 7 panels away from the fighting.

On topic, I'm a fan of Dragoons and Fighters. I just like the seek and destroy with sheer power tactics.

Skyblade
08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Sages are awesome, except that they are so slow that the battle is over before they move.

To boost the move range of Paladins, equip the Nagrarok/Sequence, the Peytral, and the Ninja Tabi. With Double Sword, you can equip both. That's a +5 to movement. You'll have to trade or manipulate catches to get more Nagraroks, and trade for more Ninja Tabi though.

licence
08-07-2006, 05:12 PM

ValkyrieWing
08-08-2006, 08:05 AM
HUNTERS FOREVER!

Kuroshima
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Templar

boys from the dwarf
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
the acacia hat also increases movement. i think its something that can power up and possibly add over 2+ movement when fully powered but its something to do with two player stuff.

Skyblade
08-09-2006, 12:29 AM
The Acacia Hat can't be equipped by Paladins. He was asking how to increase the movement of Paladins, so there was no need to mention the Acacia Hat.

BTW, is anyone else having trouble getting the Quote button to work?

tailz
08-09-2006, 03:47 PM
yep having a problem here.

fave. profesoin must be thief/ninja what can i say as a human you dont need anymore jsut steal :P:D

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 03:34 AM
I used to use doublesword alot with fighters and paladins, but then I noticed something:

you can get a Templar/Gladiator who, at lv 50, will do 999 damage with Ultima sword, and the templar side of him will let his MP grow to a point where he can use it 3 times in a fight in a row, and if you put sequence (this is a little stacked since his attack with me right now is at like 750), peytral (his armor is at like 600), the acacia hat (his res is at like 550), and ninja tabi on, he can move 8 panels.

so there's a guy who can move 8 panels, jump 5 levels upwards, and with all the abilities of a templar and gladiator he is a killing machine, and can do 999 damage 3 times per fight, and you give him either strikeback or bonecrusher to discourage people swinging at him, and wpn attack+ to finish it off so he can swing normally for around 450 damage.

THAT is my favourite class.

Oh, and give him an angel ring to make him the ultimate-killer from hell.

Zamba136
10-03-2006, 06:06 AM
paladins for the humans and assassins for the viera, with underlying magic abilities. the instant death hits the enemy and stuborn foes get pumped full of magic! i like having magic users that you think can't kill you in one turn and then they surprize you with 'last breath' and 'rock seal'. all i really have to worry about is their speed, but i've solved that too. i also like illusionists, dragoons, and gunners.

Hmm might be a good place to ask. Whats the best way to boost a paladin's move range? My paladin is always about 7 panels away from the fighting.

On topic, I'm a fan of Dragoons and Fighters. I just like the seek and destroy with sheer power tactics.

ninja tabi, one of the swords can boost movement abilities, and peytral boosts as well.

Fireblade13
10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Gunner/Mog Kight - Concentrate on Rush/Ultima with 8 panel range
Paladin/Fighter - Fighting machine
Defender/Gladiator - Tank
Summoner/RM - Doublecast turbo Madeen 1st turn and just watch the totema like move.
I love all Nu mou other than the monster based one's (sage is cool).

Oh and never underestimate the power of throwing a curveball by making a Paldin/archer who uses boost just before comboing.

Psychotic
10-05-2006, 11:29 PM
I've always been a fan of Snipers myself.

NINJA_Ryu
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Gunners, Assassins, Ninjas, Dragoon, all my favs ^ ^

yuno
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
summoner with doublecast.

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I think that Jugglers are the most fun. Those are the ones whose skills apply to everyone on the map, right? Like Chroma Gem and stuff?

tailz
10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I think that Jugglers are the most fun. Those are the ones whose skills apply to everyone on the map, right? Like Chroma Gem and stuff?

you meen gadgeteers ?

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 06:30 PM

you meen gadgeteers ?

Yes, my bad.

Project G
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I liked Tanks! (Warrior and Defender)

Siegfried
10-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Where is the moogle love?
Jugglers kick arse with their long range disablements especially dagger

Skyblade
10-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Where is the moogle love?
Jugglers kick arse with their long range disablements especially dagger

Ring is one of the game's most overpowered abilities. A ranged stop that costs no MP and can be used with Concentrate. It ranks right up there with Level? S-Flare and Last Breath.

im_mrbrightside20
11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
definentally veiras pwn in this game

Sniper Assasin Red Mage and Summoner

but i like Ninja with theif as well =)

Thane
11-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Human: Paladin
Bangaa: Gladiator
Moogle: Juggler
Viera: Assasain
Nu Mou: Sage

Selena_Akariko
11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Summoner and/or Elementalist with Red Magic as second ability. Why?
Simple: Red Magic = Doublecast
Doublecast: Fire Whip + Heavy Dust = fully immobilized enemy
Doublecast+Summons = :o

Doublecast once saved me in a mission. There was a battle with monsters, and a Damage to Animal law. And I didn't have an Antilaw for that. So I used my Elementalist/Red Mage, did only Doublecast: Fire whip + Earth Heal (I like Elemental spells more than White Magic). The second spell was healing, so my actions didn't count as damage.

:save: Selena

Grendal
02-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Templar with Bishop abilities. I guess I like the overall versatility of it.

Omega Sin
02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
By Race:

Human: Ninja/Blue Mage (Double Sword, Low MP spells that cause status, and the best of the monster abilities, but you need to have the titania's Angel Whisperer)

Moogle: Gunner/Mog Knight, or Gunner/Juggler: Gunner and mog knight because of the concentrate ability, long pannel range for Ultima magic. Gunner and Juggler: concentrate for abilities like dagger, ring, giving you the ability to damage and disable or pure stop for no MP.

Viera: I have two here: Assassin/Summoner, or Elementalist/Red Mage: Assassin has instant death MP skills plus ultima masher, powered up by Summoner's high MP and Magic Power gain. Elementalist has magic spells that damage and status, plus red mages doublecast and higher evasion.

Bangaa: Defender/Gladiator: Ability to hold two handed weapons and the Excalibur2 (or sequence if sufficiently powered up), Meltdown and Aura is a powerful two move combo. Plus Gladiator has high Weapon Attack, the ability to learn elemental swords and ultima magic, and the defender is a tank.

Nou Mou: Sage/Black Mage: Powerful Magic skills of firaga, blizzaga, thundaga, combined with Return Magic, and the Sage's high MP gains and Magic Attack gains. In addition the sage has two of the best magic spells in the game: Giga Flare: (Colorless damage with the effect of 1+ panels): Raise: Heals and Revives characters in the same range as a Black Mage spell: and of course, holds the Nou Mou Ultima

aquatius
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Ninja+Dual Wield. Illusionist+Turbo MP. The list goes on.

yojimbosoul
02-10-2007, 02:19 AM
ninja for double sword --> paliden, two excalibers

rajzin
02-11-2007, 12:36 AM
my fav has to be a gunner black mage, i love motblanc he has a beautiful 8 panel range and the second they get close say hello black magic they are gone instantly!
Also a Ninja/ thief coupled with a time mage means no one can attack effectively because of no weapons and the mages are left in the dark when the cant cast (silence)!

Stunt
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
My favorite would have to be fighter. Of course, thats after I get the double hit technique from the Ninja.