PDA

View Full Version : is this game any good?

vylion
08-03-2006, 07:27 PM
my mate just lent me kingdom hearts telling me its excellent. i havent played it yet but b4 i start i wonna know, is it WORHT COMPLETING?

Tavrobel
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
KHII isn't as good as the first one, but that should not deter you from completing this game, as the quality of this game still remains in the area of Excellent/Awesome.

So, yes, it is worth completing.

Distain
08-03-2006, 09:09 PM
yep it's alright:D

dragontamer
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
just compleat it.:)
then u should know what all the fus is about:D . i can tell u its worth it.
give us ur oppinion later.

D.T

BizarroSephiroth
08-07-2006, 02:58 AM
OK, every1 is gonna hate me fer sayin this but it's just an opinion.

I don't rly like it for a few reasons

1. Disney characters (that just doesn't do me good, sry)

2. All the characters are young yet they still know each other, yet all of them do not meet until the are about 20.

3. I think it f***'s up the storylines of all the FF games it includes (which is why i like FF itself

4. (This one may be silly, but) A key? For a weapon? Come on!

Sephiroth has a cool image, and so does Cloud

Fonzie
08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
OK, every1 is gonna hate me fer sayin this but it's just an opinion.

I don't rly like it for a few reasons

1. Disney characters (that just doesn't do me good, sry) Would you prefer a giant mog controlled by a cat?

2. All the characters are young yet they still know each other, yet all of them do not meet until the are about 20. Sora and kairi are 14, riku is 15.

3. I think it f***'s up the storylines of all the FF games it includes (which is why i like FF itself) Only thing it "fucks up" for you is the how is aeris alive thing.

4. (This one may be silly, but) A key? For a weapon? Come on! Sword's get old after the 1 million games that have them already. Why not add something different?

Sephiroth has a cool image, and so does Cloud

Tavrobel
08-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Jackpot, did you ever know that you're my hero?

Sefie1999AD
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I think hating the game because of Disney and considering it childish because of that is in itself childish. I was once having my doubts about buying the game when I saw characters like Donald, Goofy and Winnie the Pooh in the game, but when playing the game and after that, I realised how stupid my prejudices were. This game is excellent, having an emotional storyline, and while it may not be as dark as, say, FFVI or FFVII, it's still enjoyable and has a lot of heart (no pun intended). The battle system is another very fun part of the game.

I once saw a GameFAQs thread where they were talking about Final Fantasy games and Zelda games. Someone said they're like Pirates and Ninjas. What would happen if you combined them? Vikings, maybe? :D My first thought is Seiken Densetsu 3, but Kingdom Hearts comes to my mind quickly too. A great action RPG that has a lot of storyline, and it still feels like an FF game at times.

Distain
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
To tell you the truth, I never quiet got around the whole key thing either. I mean it's not evan sharp or pointy or anything...

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Because Sora can't handle pointy objects. If you have completed the next to last world you know what I mean.
Yes, Kingdom Hearts is worth completion. Actually the Disney-ness attracted me to it becuase I was a big Disney fan when I was little. (Disney shows today aren't as good though.)

BizarroSephiroth
08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Actually i wasn't talkin bout Sora and Riku, i was talkin bout Aeris+Cloud and Leon (Squall) and Yuffie and Tidus and Wakka and Cid and the rest of the FF chars

And yes, even though Cait Sith was gay, i would prefer him than Mickey Mouse.

JACKPOT, this message is for you.

Only an opinion however, so, it rly shouldn't matter to you anyway.

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
I didn't want to play it at first because of the disney thing and my friend kept begging me to try it. One day he just brought it to my house so I played it....and I LOVED it. Then I bought KHII. One of the few games that's better than the original.
This game is awesome. Plus you have KHII to look forward to. If you have it, may as well try it at least.

Rostum
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
BizarroSephiroth: The FF characters are just cameos, they're not meant to be directly linked back to their games. So get over it.

Broken_cloud
08-10-2006, 07:31 AM
In reference to Distain's comment on the usage of the keyblade, IT may not be sharp or pointy but man it would hurt like hell to get hit by that thing. I mean come on, you basically beat you enemies to death.