PDA

View Full Version : Soda preference

Venom
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I like coke. Whats your favorite soda huh punk!:mad2: ?

Cookie
08-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Coke.... punk.

Agent Proto
08-03-2006, 11:36 PM
DEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hubsta
08-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Fanta.

Rye
08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Sierra Mist. :)

Cookie
08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Sierra Mist. :)

What's that?

Dr Unne
08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
You mean pop? Root beer is my favorite kind of pop, if you really consider root beer a kind of pop. However I like other kinds of pop also. Pop is good.

Meat Puppet
08-03-2006, 11:41 PM
7-Up.

Yamaneko
08-03-2006, 11:41 PM
No, I think he means soda, Unne.

Dr Pepper. :)

Shoeberto
08-03-2006, 11:42 PM
You mean pop? Root beer is my favorite kind of pop, if you really consider root beer a kind of pop. However I like other kinds of pop also. Pop is good.
I'm not sure what my favorite pop is.

But I do love you pretty hard right now Unne <3

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist :)

Miriel
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
That post is just all kinds of wrong. Pop? Root beer? :screwy:

Orange soda is my favorite. I think.

RSL
08-03-2006, 11:45 PM
my favorite kind of <b>POP</b> is Mountain Dew! :kiss:

Miriel
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Uhg.

Mountain Dew is like pee!

RSL
08-03-2006, 11:48 PM
As I told Psychotic in a PM the other day, if Mountain Dew tastes like urine, then urine must be delicious! :tongue:

DarknessFromAbove
08-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I dislike sodapop xP

SammieBabe
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Dr Pepper. :)

So very true...

The Hubsta
08-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Just a question from someone who has never heard of mountain dew;
Is it actually dew from a mountain?

Miriel
08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Mountain Dew is pee.

Root beer is crap.

And Dr. Pepper is sneeze mucus!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/attack.gif

Tempest
08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Fanta and Root Beer are my favorite sodas.

Agent Proto
08-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Mountain Dew is a citrus flavored brand of soda.

RSL
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Dr. Pepper is pretty much the worst <b>POP</b> that you can buy.

Mountain Dew is not actually dew from a mountain, it is just a brand name for a very delicous carbonated beverage.

Zeldy
08-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Dr Pepper is my favourite pop drink. Especially from a chilled can, it makes me burp loads though ;________;

Yamaneko
08-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Root Beer is OK, but it's not the best soda you can drink. The best soda you can drink is Dr Pepper. After that the best soda you could drink is Pepsi.

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
my favorite kind of <b>POP</b> is Mountain Dew! :kiss:

The undeniable truth.

And you left staff WHY!? Clearly your genius is still needed.

Yuffie514
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
i am drinking Coke 2 right now. alternatively, Pepsi is also excellent. i drink whatever [soda] is available in the house, when i'm not ordering Coke/Pepsi at restaurants, but nothing beats dark-soda...

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Mountain Dew.

It's so good I'll get the stuff imported.

Miriel
08-04-2006, 12:13 AM
I am just absolutely disgusted by the whole lot of you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/th1.gif

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Mountain Dew is pee.

Root beer is crap.

And Dr. Pepper is sneeze mucus!

That is an accurate appraisal.

IF you live in reverse land.

Black Angel
08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Coke. :D I actually tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose...:cry:

Cloudstrife4003
08-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Mountain dew all the way!!!!

daggertrepe
08-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Dr. Pepper rox. :p

Cloudstrife4003
08-04-2006, 12:29 AM
of course i do like dr. pepper,tho...

Freya
08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Dr. Pepper is pretty much the worst <b>POP</b> that you can buy.

Mountain Dew is not actually dew from a mountain, it is just a brand name for a very delicous carbonated beverage.
He lies, Mountain Dew is the worst EVER.

Dr. Pepper is really the most delicious carbonated beverage.

btw you spelled delicious wrong. I got RSL i feel special. :D

Hambone
08-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Dr. Pepper!!!

SammieBabe
08-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I hope everyone that speaks ill of Dr. Pepper enjoys the special place in hell set aside for you...
Have a nice day... :)

rubah
08-04-2006, 01:11 AM
my grandpa is my pop's favorite pop.

My favorite kind of coke is cherry sprite.

Mt. Dew is an abomination.

I Took the Red Pill
08-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Regular Coke is the best.

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 02:05 AM
I LOVE Sprite since no one else does...Especially Shirley Temples...

I like the Dew too...

I like Dr.Pepper too,even though it tastes like cough medicine(to me anyway)...

DeathKnight
08-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Uhg.

so is BEER???! Apple Juice??!?! :holmes:

And Pepsi's the best soda, there's NO DOUBT 'bout it.

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 02:43 AM
How dare you insult apple juice!

If it weren't for the taste and refreshingness of apple juice,we would all be DEAD!

yes,dead...Apples are the most valuable resource in the world.More valuable than gold,diamonds,even water!(Well maybe not water...)

Anyway, whoever disses apple juice in my presence will meet their grusome fate at my hands...

Miriel
08-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Oh hell no, you did not just compare apple juice to mountain dew. :mad2:

SammieBabe
08-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Dude.
Apple juice=yum
Mt. Dew=Gross
They taste nothing alike....

DeathKnight
08-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Did I compare their tastes???

You guys should REALLY understand what I'm saying.

The girl said "Mountain Dew" is like pee(and I'm sure you meant color and not taste)

So to bash me is pointless.

Agent Proto
08-04-2006, 04:05 AM
Yeah. Mountain Dew is nothing like apple juice. In fact, it tastes better than apple juice. :mad2:

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Oh hell no, you did not just compare apple juice to mountain dew. :mad2: Yeah, I know you didn't, because one is a fruit juice, and the other is a carbonated, caffeinated soda. You just don't do things like that.

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 04:07 AM
*gasp*How dare you insult apple juice...*sharpens knives*

Sorry DeathKnight,I misunderstood what you were saying.No hard feelings?

EDIT:I wasn't comparing apple juice to Mountain Dew,I clearly stated that I liked Mountain Dew.Wait,are you talking about Sammiebabe?

fallen_angel9000
08-04-2006, 04:23 AM
COKE!!:love:

Hambone
08-04-2006, 04:25 AM
-ain :)

escobert
08-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Root Beer.

feona17
08-04-2006, 04:33 AM
MOUNTAIN DEW.. and Crush Cream Soda is a very close second. <3333

Shoeberto
08-04-2006, 04:35 AM
-ain :)
Cokeain? New flavor or something?

Miriel
08-04-2006, 04:38 AM
Did I compare their tastes???

You guys should REALLY understand what I'm saying.

The girl said "Mountain Dew" is like pee(and I'm sure you meant color and not taste)

So to bash me is pointless.
I meant taste. And no one is bashing you. Calm down.

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Cokeain? What does that taste like?

I'm as puzzled as you are Hsu.

Nominus Experse
08-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Vanilla Coke is my preffered choice of soda, though I can down an entire box of Mountain Dew just as easily.

And then I sit in my chair and do this: :hyper:

Kefka_Almighty
08-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Dr. Pepper, fool!

Reles
08-04-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm convinced pepsi is the ultimate soda.

Shiny
08-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Uhg.

Seriously, that stuff is so gross. Not that I drink pee or anything...Anywayz... I rarely drink soda anymore, but when I do my preference is Ginger Ale, or Cream soda.

Ashi
08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
If anything, I drink an energy drink called oronamin c (spelling check?). Otherwise I don't really like soft drinks.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't hardly ever drink soda anymore. I try to stick to water. Or energy drinks. But mostly water.

But before I started doing that, it was Sierra Mist.

Cruise Control ^_^
08-04-2006, 09:41 AM
When I get back from work, theres nothing like a cold Gingerale.

starseeker
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I like 7-Up/Sprite. But I also like Dr Pepper.

DarkLadyNyara
08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm currently addicted to the Berries & Cream Dr Pepper. :D regular's good too, though.

Xaven
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm currently addicted to the Berries & Cream Dr Pepper. :D regular's good too, though.
I had that the other day in class and it was SO heavenly. ~<3

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
what the hells soda? or pop? for that matter

if youre talking about carbonated drinks i do like to refresh oneself with a sip of Sprite.

Root beer is the worst thing ive ever tasted, it tastes of the smell you find in rugby dressing rooms. therefore i must conclude its a mixture of man sweat and spirits which help to clean wounds.

no joke i swear to you it did. (i think it contains the same stuff as the spirits). it instantly reminded me of it, had one more taste to make sure, then promptly threw up. (not really, just made a weird face and threw it in the bin)

thats why we dont have root beer over here, thank heavens. Although it was from canada and cost about 50c. so draw from that what you will.

PS- i like Canada! just not root beer, ice hockey, baseball and basically any sport you claim to be good at.

Mirage
08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Where is Fanta and 7-Up?
Anyway, 7-up.

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
theres is not much difference between the prospective coke and pepsi markets, i have my preferences but i dont know why. ill quite happily drink either if one isnt in stock

7UP or Sprite?- Sprite

Pepsi or Coke- Pepsi

Club (is that pepsi?) or Fanta- Fanta

so i think thats 2-1 to Coke. but they taste the same anyway!

farplaner
08-04-2006, 12:29 PM
This seems to be a popular thread...

My favorite carbonated beverage: a lot!

...I voted Dr. Pepper.

Cz
08-04-2006, 12:38 PM
The first page or so of this thread makes me feel all warm inside. :)

Pop/Soda does not, however. I don't drink either.

Alive-Cat
08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Dr Pepper!
This drink is what gets me through the day! (Which is rather odd seeing as I don't have it every single day.)

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah. Mountain Dew is nothing like apple juice. In fact, it tastes better than apple juice. :mad2:

That's very true. And apple juice tastes really good. So, you know. Mt Dew is even better.

I would go so far as to say that Mt Dew is the mortal equivalent of the Heavenly nectar, Ambrosia. This would be true, except that since we invented Mt Dew Thor and Zeus get the stuff imported.

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 03:34 PM
That's very true. And apple juice tastes really good. So, you know. Mt Dew is even better.

QFTFT

Reine
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
lol "soda" and "pop"

In NZ, we call them soft drinks, and a soda is any kind of soft drink mixed with ice cream.

Anyway, the best soft drink was obviously Pepsi Blue.

Nowadays, my favourite is L&P (A NZ soft drink)

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
thats we call them in the UK and Europe. soft drinks.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Here in England most people call it either pop or, increasingly, soda. Nobody I know calls them soft drinks exclusively, usually just one in every so many uses would be soft drinks, most of the time someone would say soda or pop. (And in Newtownards everyone I knew called it pop, or sodapop, for that matter.)

MageLuingil
08-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Mountain Dew!

And while we're on the subject of apple juice, that stuff is awesome too. Probably my favorite drink. (I don't drink carbonated drinks very often)

And Coke, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper = ick. Though Dr. Pepper is better than Coke and Pepsi.

Iceglow
08-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm a coke drinker (for some reason I originally typed that with an extra C in coke then lol) I prefer normal but cherry is good also a surprisingly good one is that coke zero crap.

I used to drink Dr Pepper but then I learnt something that put me off it forever now I don't touch it and I believe some guys will be with me on my reasoning for this. Dr Pepper is clinically proven to lower a mans fertility this is along with such great stuff like vodka and absinthe (on that last tell the world something that they don't know lol).

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM

Here in England most people call it either pop or, increasingly, soda. Nobody I know calls them soft drinks exclusively, usually just one in every so many uses would be soft drinks, most of the time someone would say soda or pop. (And in Newtownards everyone I knew called it pop, or sodapop, for that matter.)

wheres that, Northern Ireland or somewhere else? theres a Newtownards 5 miles down the road from me. oh yes its you, you used to live in NI didnt you?

everyone i know says soft drinks. Not soda or pop. Pop was said about 5 years ago, soda never.

we usually just say ill have a sprite, but in restaurants and the like theyll ask my wee bro what soft drink hed like. if he said soda or pop it would be unusual

bipper
08-04-2006, 04:34 PM

<3 this is so true. To elaborate, Frostop root beer is simply the best form of root beer I have ever experienced. I used to buy 8 gallon kegs of it from the liquor store that I work at.

Breine
08-04-2006, 04:49 PM
I could drink multiple liters of Fanta and Schweppes Lemon if I didn't care about my teeth. Sprite and Cola are nice as well, though.

Reine
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM

wheres that, Northern Ireland or somewhere else? theres a Newtownards 5 miles down the road from me. oh yes its you, you used to live in NI didnt you?

everyone i know says soft drinks. Not soda or pop. Pop was said about 5 years ago, soda never.

we usually just say ill have a sprite, but in restaurants and the like theyll ask my wee bro what soft drink hed like. if he said soda or pop it would be unusual

I have never in my life heard pop or soda be used to describe a soft drink, and a soda has always been what I stated, an ice cream in a cup with a soft drink. Then again, each country has their fads and terms.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I'm talking about the same town as you. I've spent a LONG time there, so :p

Fairly enough, I suppose it may have changed (Haven't been there for a couple of years now). I'll ask my grandma when she calls tonight.

And on that note, have you ever been to Millisle?

BizarroSephiroth
08-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I dunno why but i love RC Cola, along with Pepsi and Coke and Root Beer

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Millisle, yes. why?

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Water? I used to be a soda-holic, but I 'quit'. I lost a hella-lot of weight and am not dehydrated all the time. I think if I drank as much soda as I did before, I'd puke.

And I save more money, so go me. :cat:

And you guys are arguing about 'soda vs pop roflz'? Come on guys.

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 08:15 PM

this question defines the very process of Americanisation if "soda or pop" wins it means were all doomed to be an American satellite. Stop changing our language, i was thinking o setting up a thread of english v. american terms, but i was too lazy- i blame the americans.

its our language dammit!

Flea
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
My favourite soft drink would probably have to be Fanta.

bipper
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM

this question defines the very process of Americanisation if "soda or pop" wins it means were all doomed to be an American satellite. Stop changing our language, i was thinking o setting up a thread of english v. american terms, but i was too lazy- i blame the americans.

its our language dammit!

The beutiful thing about this is every major US region calls it somthing different.

So when the world goes to war, then you can say you are Americanised. K thx.

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
From what I understand, people call it different things all over the world. I don't really think it has anything to do with 'Americanisation'.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Millisle, yes. why?

Oh, just random questioning. Anyway, my grandma says they're called fizzy drinks over there.

its our language dammit!

So if you're from Nothern Ireland, you've probably got an accent, right? And you use regional words like "wee" and "ach, yer oul' arse-hole". Well if you do, you need to stop, because it's not YOUR language, it's OUR language, which means the QUEEN'S ENGLISH. So unless you speak in perfect receieved pronunciation, you're in no position to talk.

Furthermore, language changes. If you can't deal with a fact as simple as that, you're going to have a very hard time in life when important things change.

Oh, and the Americans speak a version of English closer to the original than we do in England. They've changed it less in the last two hundred years than we have. Not much less, but less.

Omnislash07
08-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I DO THE DEW, if I could have my blood changed out for Mountain Dew I would do it. I love that stuff.

Oh, and the Americans speak a version of English closer to the original than we do in England. They've changed it less in the last two hundred years than we have. Not much less, but less.

yeah thats right America - 3 v.s. England - 0

we are just that good that we can take your own language and do it better than anyone else... wow, what will we beat you at next.

p.s. if you are from England or whatever dont get pissed off it is a joke.

blue phoenix
08-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Millisle, yes. why?

Oh, just random questioning. Anyway, my grandma says they're called fizzy drinks over there.

its our language dammit!

So if you're from Nothern Ireland, you've probably got an accent, right? And you use regional words like "wee" and "ach, yer oul' arse-hole". Well if you do, you need to stop, because it's not YOUR language, it's OUR language, which means the QUEEN'S ENGLISH. So unless you speak in perfect receieved pronunciation, you're in no position to talk.

Furthermore, language changes. If you can't deal with a fact as simple as that, you're going to have a very hard time in life when important things change.

no hang on, what i meant is that, we dont import our "wee" and "ach"(isnt that scottish?) over to England and demand its usage. It annoys me the way American words are imported and take over the words we used to use, because they know better.

Thorn
08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
DietCoke FTW! (+ Vanilla)

Fanta = Sugar, water and orange food colouring

Malboro_Menace
08-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Fanta = Sugar, water and orange food colouring

Oh it is not. It's a massive 5% real orange now!

But yeah seriously fanta FTW

Miriel
08-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Wanna Fanta?

I sure do!

Madame Adequate
08-05-2006, 02:29 PM
no hang on, what i meant is that, we dont import our "wee" and "ach"(isnt that scottish?) over to England and demand its usage. It annoys me the way American words are imported and take over the words we used to use, because they know better.

Nobody DEMANDS the use of any particular variant of the language overall. As long as one's language is suitable for one's situation (Clearly a dissertation will require a different tone to going to the pub with your friends), and follows a few basic rules of language (Also variable depending on context) you're fine.

But it's simply the nature of language to change. It evolves and shifts. There are many, many Americanisms we use every single day - every single time we speak - and don't even know it, because we're not delving into the etymology of every word we use.

KentaRawr!
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Dr. Pepper.

Drift
08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
7-Up.
1-up

GhandiOwnsYou
08-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Sunkist Orange > Fanta

Venom
08-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Wanna Fanta?

I sure do!

Meh the commerical kinda turned me off to it.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
You made me choose between Dr Pepper and Sprite! Meanie!

Jowy
08-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Diet Coke. <3

Blu3Ros3LuLu
08-06-2006, 01:35 AM
i like light sodas...they dont leave a surupy taste in my mouth...ick

sometimes ill drink root beer or dr. pepper if i really feel like it.

o and sometimes i like pepsi with my pizza :) :p

Fate Fatale
08-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Dr. Pepper
With a space between the dr. and the pepper.