PDA

View Full Version : When does this game get good?

SuperNatural
08-04-2006, 02:58 AM
OK. I've played an hour of this game and I'm at Zanarkand Ruins. This game is so lame and boring! When does it get good? Does it get good? X-2 has to be the lamest Final Fantasy game I've ever played.

Can someone tell me if its worth it because if it's not, I'm just going to return the game back to Gamestop and use my money to get Final Fantasy IV Advance instead.

Cookie
08-04-2006, 03:06 AM
It gets good after you've completed it basically.

SuperNatural
08-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Well, I've already seen 2 of the endings at YouTube... Is it worth completing the game now?

Big D
08-04-2006, 03:18 AM
If you've already seen the endings, then that removes a fair amount of the fun and mystery.

X-2's depth and intrigue is quite well hidden, so it's harder for some people to get into. Also, some gamers expect every FF to be a carbon-copy of the last one, so they're naturally going to be in for a disappointment.

If you just try to bear in mind that X-2 is a different kind of game with its own style and pace, then maybe you'll find something to enjoy in it. Like the five or so different sub-plots that build up during the game, shaped by the player's own choices and actions. People usually whine that this kind of thing is missing from the recent FFs.

SuperNatural
08-04-2006, 03:24 AM
If you've already seen the endings, then that removes a fair amount of the fun and mystery.

X-2's depth and intrigue is quite well hidden, so it's harder for some people to get into. Also, some gamers expect every FF to be a carbon-copy of the last one, so they're naturally going to be in for a disappointment.

If you just try to bear in mind that X-2 is a different kind of game with its own style and pace, then maybe you'll find something to enjoy in it. Like the five or so different sub-plots that build up during the game, shaped by the player's own choices and actions. People usually whine that this kind of thing is missing from the recent FFs.
See the thing is, I'm just not into this game. Final Fantasy X sucked my in within the first minute. Final Fantasy VI sucked me in after the opening scene. I'm just not into FFX-2. So, I guess I'll just return it. See, I hate doing this. I did the same thing with Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES, and I regret it. I just don't want to regret getting rid of X-2.

Well,... I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.

Christmas
08-04-2006, 03:48 AM
The game is alway good.

feona17
08-04-2006, 04:41 AM
Why does everyone judge this game by the way how they look? I'm getting sick of that. So they happen to be three girls, doesn't it means automatically lame cause it has similar traits as Charlies Angels.

Sergeant Hartman
08-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Via Infinito ftw.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-04-2006, 07:56 AM
When you can get past the fact that it's more light-hearted than most other FF games.

zeilov_khaschante
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
It is become good when. YOU. ARE. ON. THE. MISSION!

Dell
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, we can't force you but if you want to judge a game, judge it after you've completed it. I, too, lost my interest to the game right after the event in Besaid, but I insist on finishing the game and blah, blah, blah I've successfully completed the game and I like it! But I hate FFX though...

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
it gets good when they all strip off and head for the bath....

ahem, what i mean is you should get a guide. its one of the only FFs which is more fun with a walkthrough, a good one.

Sefie1999AD
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
See the thing is, I'm just not into this game. Final Fantasy X sucked my in within the first minute. Final Fantasy VI sucked me in after the opening scene. I'm just not into FFX-2. So, I guess I'll just return it. See, I hate doing this. I did the same thing with Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES, and I regret it. I just don't want to regret getting rid of X-2.

Well,... I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D Anyway, you'll miss most of the fun parts if you don't do the non-Hotspot quests. In every Chapter, I visited every location I could, and I really liked exploring the world of Spira. The story starts to get somewhat deeper in Chapters 2 and 3, but my favorite Chapter in the game was absolutely Chapter 4. Too bad that's a relatively short chapter. Chapter 5 is still pretty good and has its emotional parts. Though from what I've seen so far, those players who can't get past the "this game sucks, it's nothing but three slutty Charlie's Angels ripoffs!" way of thinking will never really get into the game, and they can't even enjoy the great (IMHO) Job/Ability system with fast ATB battles. It's a pity, really.

feona17
08-04-2006, 05:09 PM

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D Anyway, you'll miss most of the fun parts if you don't do the non-Hotspot quests. In every Chapter, I visited every location I could, and I really liked exploring the world of Spira. The story starts to get somewhat deeper in Chapters 2 and 3, but my favorite Chapter in the game was absolutely Chapter 4. Too bad that's a relatively short chapter. Chapter 5 is still pretty good and has its emotional parts. Though from what I've seen so far, those players who can't get past the "this game sucks, it's nothing but three slutty Charlie's Angels ripoffs!" way of thinking will never really get into the game, and they can't even enjoy the great (IMHO) Job/Ability system with fast ATB battles. It's a pity, really.

Quoted for truth there, you hit it right on the nail. Stop letting the whole sexy image thing throw you off from the game. So Spira isn't conservative anymore, and it's different from other FF games which usually have a depressing story. Do you blame them, their greatest foe, Sin was defeated and they have nothing to worry about (well they do in X-2 but you know what I mean) so it's bound to be light-hearted and fun.

BizarroSephiroth
08-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, I've already seen 2 of the endings at YouTube... Is it worth completing the game now?
The endings make the game good. I liked them

No.78
08-05-2006, 01:22 PM
New Game Plusses with all the dresspheres and uber accessories make the game exciting because you can basically make it how you want it.

zeilov_khaschante
08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Uoohh, this game is getting on my nerves! It is always easy at the first time, but lately...

I can't finish my gun shooting mission on Besaid, |_| it is always around 200! I need 300 points more, OMG! Somebody told me to use the blind spot, but somehow I wasting my time in that blind spot because the enemy became seldom appear??? But if I came out from that blind spot, I will ran out of HP! Oh, no...

There is someting else, The lightning towers are annoying too!

And then, in the TOP of EVERYTHING, Thinking to get 100% is SUCK!!! (even with FAQS)

I won't think this is the lamest game. Well, is there another hard sidequest? Gee

Goldenboko
08-08-2006, 05:15 PM
To me it got really good when.....

I noticed what crap it was and stopped playing!

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2006, 12:29 AM
You have to do everything. There are many different way the scenes can go. If you don't mind it the first time through, this game has a tremendous replay value.

Markus. D
08-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I guess I've made up my mind. I'm just not a fan of the whole Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy thing.

see, now you have seen someone say that on a website and you have got that on your mindset.

I will call anyone silly (mostly everyone because no one... NO ONE seems to like this game) who finds X-2 not to there taste, theres at least something in it for everyone.

mortallegons
08-10-2006, 08:47 PM
if u saw the endings first then that ruins it but then so dose reading the walk through wich i have been foloing for a year and have finaly got 100%compleation (i had 2 re start 20 times 2 get it rite lol )i was comparative ly weak compared 2 the othe games tho i dont think a sequil is that good tho realy
ff is more of a seperate gender u cant have sequild for it i gets boring wen u continue a story beond its limits

Tavrobel
08-10-2006, 09:48 PM
It gets good when you realize that it has nowhere to go but up.

!Rikku!
08-21-2006, 04:45 PM
I WILL KICK YOU IF U DON'T PLAY IT!!
It gets good when you get stronger and keep leveling up,and play the game 100%.And when you see gippal,you won't never stop playing.:love:

kain_ex
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
It gets good when you're butt-kicker and get into Chapter 4.

Aria28
08-21-2006, 06:37 PM
The story really picks up at the end of Chapter 2 - if you can all the way till there, you should find it rewarding enough, even if it will never be your favorite FF.

That being said, I completely agree with Sephiroth1999AD, the battle system was one of the best FF ever had,imo, and it's nice to be able to explore Spira and discover new things about this world.

Sure, it's different, it's disorienting, and I kind of understand people who really never get into it. It may be your case. But you cannot really say before you give it a fair try, and a couple hours isn't enough, I'd say :)

ama124
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM

^ i totally agree with everything you said. It bugs me when people prejudge the game. And what people don't realize that they are not funny when they make stupid remarks to diss ffx-2

Setzer Gabianni
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Give the guy a break. Seriously.

But honestly, you may change your mind - just play it, you might find some of it good.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Old Manus
08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
It becomes good when you press the Power button and load up a different game.

Marluxiaswife
08-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Why does everyone judge this game by the way how they look? I'm getting sick of that. So they happen to be three girls, doesn't it means automatically lame cause it has similar traits as Charlies Angels.

kikimm
08-26-2006, 03:25 AM
Well, if you don't like Charlie's Angels, then it's a problem, isn't it?

kissgirls
08-27-2006, 07:17 AM
SuperNatural... your lame and boring for talking crud about the game
:mad2:

Distain
08-27-2006, 07:51 AM
It's alright. Not great. Not bad either. I found it to be one of those games where you play it for like a couple hours, stop for a couple of days, then come back. I didnt find the storie as good as X, or any other FF's I played, but it's good enough to make you want to eventully finish it.

And with the whole charlies angles thing, its not that biga deal :rolleyes2 . It's just an analigy, and you have to admit they are pretty damn similer.:)