PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the X-Box 360!?!?

KentaRawr!
08-04-2006, 04:36 AM
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152635

Kaz Hirai's triumphant warcry of "Riiiiiidge Racer" on the PSP led people to believe other key PSOne titles would soon be heading to the PSP via emulation. Apparently Konami missed the memo, as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is making its way to Xbox Live Arcade.

The September issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (issue: 207) reports:
Konami is resurrecting the cult PS1 game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade. Along with SOTN, Konami is also bringing back other classic hits, some revered (Frogger, Contra, Super Contra, Track & Field) some obscure (Time Pilot), and some really obscure (Scramble).

When will SOTN head to XBLA? Representatives from Konami told 1UP that the game is tenatively slated for a Q1 2007 release on XBLA.

Also, an update they made:

For clarification, the version of Symphony of the Night that will appear on Xbox Live is not the Sega Saturn version of the title, it is the PlayStation version. Furthermore, nothing from Konami has indicated that SOTN's appearance on XBLA will keep the title exclusive to Microsoft's Live Arcade.

NO! This cannot be! WOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Edit:

IGN's article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/723/723305p1.html

August 3, 2006 - Fans of the first PlayStation's vampire shredding Castlevania: Symphony of the Night will be glad to know the game is soon to make a reemergence. According to what Konami told us today, SotN will be releasing onto the Xbox Live Arcade sometime this winter. Whether that means it'll show up late this year or early in 2007, Konami couldn't say. Microsoft's approval process for products appearing on Xbox Live is somewhat extensive, so it's difficult to pin down an exact date.

In terms of price or extra features offered in the Xbox Live Arcade version, Konami wouldn't say, other than they're working on it. Fans of the PS1's platforming classic will be happy to know that more details will be revealed later this month at a Konami event. Until then, we'll keep you updated on any more developments.

Shoeberto
08-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Huh, that's actually kind of sweet.

XxSephirothxX
08-04-2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I read about that an hour ago or so. What's the fucking problem? It's a good game on a good service. I didn't see anybody complain when Street Fighter and Galaga hit the arcade.

KentaRawr!
08-04-2006, 04:44 AM
No problem, really. I just wanted to say a quote. :)

Kefka_Almighty
08-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Well, now I definantily do have a reason to buy a 360........

Del Murder
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Why would you buy an X Box 360 to play a game that already exists for an older and cheaper system?

Are there any plans for a sequal to this game to ever come out? Or at least another 2D Castlevania for console. The Game Boy ones are great but they can only do so much with those systems.

KentaRawr!
08-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Why would you buy an X Box 360 to play a game that already exists for an older and cheaper system?

Are there any plans for a sequal to this game to ever come out? Or at least another 2D Castlevania for console. The Game Boy ones are great but they can only do so much with those systems.

No plans yet that we know of. So far, the only Castlevania that we know of in production (Or at least the only one I know of) is Portrait of Ruin.

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Seeing as how this is NOT the saturn version this is a complete waste of time. I want the added bonus area/path and the ability to play though the game as Maria. This is crap!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Or at least another 2D Castlevania for console.Igarashi has said that he'd love to make another 2D Castlevania for a console, but it's not something his superiors at Konami will let him do until a promising sales forecast can be made for that type of game, which isn't likely to be any time soon.
The Game Boy ones are great but they can only do so much with those systems.The DS games are prettymuch equal to SotN in terms of the quality of their aesthetics and the complexity of their gameplay. They can't really pull off a CD-quality soundtrack, but that's about their only limitation.

Yamaneko
08-06-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm fine with handheld Castlevanias for the time being.

JaytodaP
08-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Damn me having only a memory unit!!! Be smart... get a premium 360..