PDA

View Full Version : Issue 2 of the EoFF Post Hits the Street!

Madonna
08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Warning: Some articles may include strong language! D:

[The EoFF Post Newspaper] (http://eoffpost.akusui.net/news.php)

Sorry, I had to be obnoxious; I have to be because this is the second freaking issue of the Post, something which has never been achieved yet in the short history of failed newspapers. It is the pinnacle of achievement, however small it may be. I think we deserve cookies or something for it. Milk too, if it can be swung.

So, once again, I ask that you, the general public of the Eyes on Final Fantasy community, go and check out the newspaper that the Post's staff works on so hard to make available to you. It is you guys that we cover, and it is for you guys that we do this.

So, before I get any further in this thread, here is the list of people behind this issue and make it happen. Give them a round of applause, a usernote, or let them know at our group email, eoffpost(at)akusui.net (eoffpost@akusui.net), how awesome they are.

Neel (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=300), Editor/Reporter - The Dark Lord of Ink. This man is crazy; he works like a demon, drives others to do the same, and somehow, we all make it out alive. It is kind of hot.
Lynx (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=9019), Editor/Reporter - Yeah, yeah, names, shmames. I am the glorified cut and paste boy who puts everything in a semi-coherent order.
Del Murder (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=1390), Jumbler - Jumbler is so too a word, but maybe mindcrusher might work too for his job description, because this month's jumble is a definite doozy. What a guy!
Dignified Pauper (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=12303), Reporter - A voice that speaks out the unpleasant truths and often plays the role of Devil's advocate, Marick is a dangerous foe to cross when he is writing. The pen can truly be mightier than the sword in this man's hands.
Elyse (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=237), EoFFsearcher - Better known as Emerald Aeris, Elyse does not look for lost newbies, despite the job title. She does, however, snoop out questions, answers, and with a grid makes such a mess that her wordsearches are a joy to go through. She does not, however, speak Broomish.
Old Manus (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=10496), Cartoonist - There is a quality to this stormtrooper that is hard to put a finger on, yet undeniably endears him to many EoFFers. I think it could be raw sex appeal, but other people lean towards his uncanny ability to always have the right image to post at the right time. For us, however, he provides witty commentary in the worst of forms, namely MS Paint.
Doomie (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=11280), Interviewer - New to the paper, Doomie provides an insight on our fellow EoFFers as he applies his deadly Two-Quetion Interview technique on them. He's a merman, just so you blokes don't try to pick him up. Cute tail, though.
frunk (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=10499), Interviewer - Also new to the Post, frunk also interrogates interesting EoFFers so that you, the reader, can enjoy everything that there is to know about a person in five questions. I don't know anything else about him, though, so you'll have to resort to bugging him about it by pulling on his goatee.

If I missed anything, N, feel free to correct me!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/goomba.gif Alright, I am out! Spam this thread! D:

CloudDragon
08-04-2006, 08:10 AM
What clue did Kishi leave? I'm too lazy to do the jumble.

Psydekick
08-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Wow nice one Umaro, so ermmm how can we see the post?

Meat Puppet
08-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I gave everyone a user note except for frunk; frunk is not allowed user notes at the moment.

Here is my message for frunk:

<tt>frunk, you are awesome for your work on the EoFF Post. Never stop frunking.</tt>

Well done to everyone.

-N-
08-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow nice one Umaro, so ermmm how can we see the post?There's an enormous link at the top of the post, you stupid stupid STUPID... thing.

Hawkeye
08-04-2006, 08:19 AM
I blame the jews for Psydekick's stupidity.

Psydekick
08-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Wow nice one Umaro, so ermmm how can we see the post?There's an enormous link at the top of the post, you stupid stupid STUPID... thing.:crying: Neel you upset me with that, i was stupid but why do you always flame me:crying: On a better note the post was pretty cool:tongue:

Hawkeye
08-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Pay no attention to indian boy. He is only well observed when he dances like an idiot.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I really feel like I should be involved in this thing somehow. Maybe it's my major or something.

I read Neel's articles on the frontsite, all of which were fairly amusing and interesting. I may read more later :)

Loony BoB
08-04-2006, 10:49 AM
"I love the EoFF Post. I read every article, forgetting that I'm at work and should be doing other things like organising engineers, managing projects, typing out emails and saving lives."
Loony BoB
http://www.fightingillinineedjobs.com/images/5stars.gif

EDIT: More seriously, these articles were best (excluding the pic, comic and puzzles):
RSL Retires From Staff
Why There Usually Isn't A Second Issue
ShlupQuack and Whats-His-Face Get Married
Eyes Return To You
Loony BoB Takes the Two-Question Interview!
Five Questions With frunK Targets Agent Proto

I find the articles that have something to do with EoFF to be far better than what could be seen as crossposted LiveJournal entries. Some also lost points for foul language, which really should be censored considering that's the way journalism should be when it comes to vile language - particularly when linked to from EoFF.

EDIT: Admittedly I haven't read the FFVII article because I find 'Sephiroth is gay' stuff to be tiring after six years at EoFF. :p

Old Manus
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Third time lucky.

Or was it fourth?

Rye
08-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I loooooved the RSL interview! G'job guys! It's coming along great. :)

Dignified Pauper
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
"I love the EoFF Post. I read every article, forgetting that I'm at work and should be doing other things like organising engineers, managing projects, typing out emails and saving lives."
Loony BoB
http://www.fightingillinineedjobs.com/images/5stars.gif

YES FIVE STARS!

EDIT: Admittedly I haven't read the FFVII article because I find 'Sephiroth is gay' stuff to be tiring after six years at EoFF. :p

But this is marked with REAL evidence.

Cruise Control ^_^
08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Excellent work.

Loony BoB
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh, and I got the jumbles apart from the final thingy. I've had some ideas but they don't really make much sense...

Alive-Cat
08-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I am very much into all this post business!

Agent Proto
08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
No one cared about BHT. This makes me a sad panda. :(

Good stuff as always. In fact, I had the chance to read most of the articles this time around.

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
No one cared about BHT. This makes me a sad panda. :(

Good stuff as always. In fact, I had the chance to read most of the articles this time around.

It's ok, pr33t.

I thought this newsletter was better than the first. Great work to the EoFF Newsletter staff.

Madonna
08-04-2006, 05:56 PM
That jumble is freaking hard. I got the usernames, but that answer is definitely one of the hardest ones to figure out.

As for the profanity, isn't that kind of calling the kettle black considering you're the guy who was asking for a Page 3? :| N or I shall get back to you and the staff on the profanity thing later via PM or chat, BoB, after we have discussed it amongst ourselves.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Christmas
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM
http://eoffpost.akusui.net/readarticle.php?article_id=37 :nonono:

Old Manus
08-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Christmas makes me happy in my pants.

Miriel
08-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I agree with BoB almost entirely. I thought the articles that were LJ-ish were kinda "eh" and I didn't really see the point in them being there. I liked the RSL interview the best.

As for the profanity, isn't that kind of calling the kettle black considering you're the guy who was asking for a Page 3? :| N or I shall get back to you and the staff on the profanity thing later via PM or chat, BoB, after we have discussed it amongst ourselves.

We've removed links in the past for having profanity like that, so yeah, just letting you guys know...

Agent Proto
08-04-2006, 06:37 PM
As for my interview. I tried to stay away from swearing, but frunK swore, so I did as well. I apologize if anyone was offended by my use of cursing.

bipper
08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
As for my interview. I tried to stay away from swearing, but frunK swore, so I did as well. I apologize if anyone was offended by my use of cursing.

I was completely disheartened. I thought so much of you... now I see how you really are. :cry: I believed in you.

rubah
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
SALSA RECIPE
I totally cheated, btw.

Del Murder
08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I totally didn't think that the jumble would be that hard. I guess this wasn't as well known as I thought. eest will get it at least.

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
I just read the jumble. NOT HARD AT ALL.
I got all of the answers within five seconds of each other without paper.

Xaven
08-04-2006, 08:07 PM
All the jumbes besides the last one were supposed to be stupidly easy. :D I think.

Yes, as I read some of the aricles, all I could think of was "Myspace blog..." and yeah. Loved a couple, 'specially RSL's. :D

Good job guys. :3

-N-
08-04-2006, 08:11 PM
No one cared about BHT. This makes me a sad panda. :(Aw Proto, of course people cared! It's just that I didn't care. :D
I find the articles that have something to do with EoFF to be far better than what could be seen as crossposted LiveJournal entries. Some also lost points for foul language, which really should be censored considering that's the way journalism should be when it comes to vile language - particularly when linked to from EoFF.
Editorials are like that. You always wonder why the hell they got printed and who the hell really reads those things and then you realize you're reading them yourself. Surprise! :monster:

And "vile" is an anagram of "evil". THE POST IS THE AXIS OF EVIL SO DON'T READ IT

I'm so happy the issue of censorship came up. I swear to god it's like I'm practicing for real-life dealing-with-the-obnoxious-public on you hapless innocents. We'll have a response, erm, sometime before the next issue. :p

edit:
Oh, looks like Lynx and I reached a consensus. But I'm hungry, so you'll have to wait. :p

edit: LOL LIED NOW EATING HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 08:15 PM
All the jumbes besides the last one were supposed to be stupidly easy. :D I think.

In my opinion, if they were supposed to be stupidly easy, then this puzzle did its job. I don't find how people found it hard (although the last one nearly made me think). Poor Del, making things he thinks are one way, but everyone else says otherwise?

And poor pr33t for getting yelled at for cursing. He didn't do it that often.

Del Murder
08-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I wasn't looking for easy or hard, I just wanted to make sure my puzzle was topical because we had some big events going down in the last few days.

-N-
08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
It was a good jumble, Del. I got it, I just didn't realize I did. :p

SammieBabe
08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Overall, Great job guys!!! :D

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Through it all, Kishi still remains an enigma. I envy you guys that met him! :nonono: :cat:

Doomie
08-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I am never interviewing BoB again.

Dignified Pauper
08-05-2006, 05:28 AM

1) Lame
2) We're not journalist, nor are we trying to be professional.
3) I will swear like a sailor and it will not matter because I am just that awesome.
4) there is no 4.

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 09:08 PM
So what. Proto swore? Whats the big fuckin' deal bitch?

I suck at jumbles. My mind just doesn't work that way.

Madonna
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh, pfft, Proto is a wuss when it comes to swearing. But, really, the issue of profanity has been cleared up between the Post's editors and the forum staff. Back to happier times and talking about how BoB sidesteps questions like a Thief with a Cloak of Displacement. :|

-N-
08-05-2006, 09:57 PM
He stole that Cloak from me! Conniving bastard and his boosted Dexterity. ;_;

Breine
08-05-2006, 09:59 PM
I didn't even realize that there was an EoFF Post, but hey.. what a nice surprise. Great job y'all :)

Madonna
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
It is a monthly thing, so if you missed the thread for the first issue, you probably missed it altogether. I keep a link in my signature as well, but seeing how I post so little, it is not surprising that it generates little to no traffic.

Have you ever tried hitting a Chocobo in Final Fantasy Tactics head on? Those overgrown chickens have some evasion. ;__;

-N-
08-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Funny you mention Tactics - I'm doing a Ramza + 4 Monsters challenge right now. Got a Black Chocobo, a Vampire, a Sacred, and an Ochu right now in Ch. 3. It's kinda easy.