PDA

View Full Version : Ubiosoft grants Nintendo Wii 5 new Launch Titles... Oh, and Mortal Kombat.

KentaRawr!
08-04-2006, 03:11 PM
5 new launch titles, plus the previously announced Rayman and Red Steel.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/723/723080p1.html

Ubisoft's Seven Wii Launch Titles
Yes, we wrote launch. From Far Cry to Blazing Angels, Ubisoft has Wii covered. Get the full scoop right here.
by Matt Casamassina

August 3, 2006 - Wii fans, Ubisoft is your new best friend. The publisher has supported Nintendo's Wii console since it was first revealed, eagerly readying such anticipated exclusives as the first-person shooter Red Steel and the action-platformer Rayman Raving Rabbids, both of which are set to debut with the system in a matter of months. But guess what? The French videogame giant is hardly stopping there. It has another five - yes, five games planned for Wii, and they'll all arrive in time for the platform's launch window.

Ubisoft today announced that it is in development with versions of Far Cry, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Monster 4x4 World Circuit and Open Season for Wii. In addition, the studio is bringing an all-new racer called GT Pro Series to the system.

The publisher also said that it has "many more titles in development" for Wii.

Ubisoft France also allegedly revealed that a Wii Prince of Persia title is in development and will be released -- at least in France -- next March. The source of this information is still being verified. The company's US subsidiary had no further details to offer on this game, but an American release is a certain eventuality, even if it's not yet official.

"We're thrilled that Ubisoft will be unveiling Wii versions of both exclusive new IP and established franchises," said Reggie Fils-Aime, president and chief operating officer for Nintendo of America. "Bursting with creativity, innovation and unadulterated fun, these Ubisoft games embody the qualities that will make Wii a huge hit with gamers new and established, young and old."

"Media and analysts agree that Ubisoft has the greatest potential for reward with the new console's launch because we believed in its potential from the beginning," said Laurent Detoc, president of Ubisoft North America. "With an impressive lineup of launch games that offer something for everyone, we are in a unique position to benefit from the Wii's success in appealing to both new and hardcore gamers."

The popular first-person shooter Far Cry pits players on a mission through lush Amazonian jungles and equips them with a variety of weapons, vehicles and special powers to attack the enemy. The game will make full use of the Wii-mote for enhanced maneuverability and will likewise boast new content.

Blazing Angels utilizes the Wii controller for intense dog fighting scenarios set to the backdrop of WWII.

The racer GT Pro Series is developed by MTO and optimized by Ubisoft for Wii. Through a deal with MTO, Ubisoft is able to distribute the project everywhere in the world except Japan. GT features more than 80 licensed cars, detailed tuning options, fluid drift-style controls and physics, and more. The title has been specifically tailored to make full use of the Wii's revolutionary remote.

Open Season is an adventure game based on the Sony Pictures Animation's CG animated film of the same name.

Monster 4x4 World Circuit is a truck racer that has been completely revamped to make full use of the Wii control system. The title takes players fully off-road for some muddy displays of mechanical power.

Finally, previously announced big guns Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids round out the selection.

IGN interviewed Ubisoft North America's president, Laurent Detoc, about today's news. We highly suggest readers comb the interview for brand new information on Far Cry, Blazing Angels, GT Pro Series, and Monster 4x4: World Circuit for Nintendo's new console. Readers may be surprised to learn that these are much more than mere ports.

In addition, IGN has posted new screens of Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids, as well as first screens of Monster 4x4: World Circuit in our their related media sections.

With seven official launch window titles from Ubisoft, the ever-expanding library of holiday Wii games is nearing 30 titles, and there are still more to come.

There's also something about Mortal Kombat, but since I don't care about that, I'll just give you a link. :tongue: http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722491p1.html

Edit: I can't make a picture section like I normally do, because IGN's picture page doesn't have the correct links to the pictures for this specific game, so I'll just give you the thumbnail page: http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/723/723085/imgs_1.html

Shoeberto
08-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Has Ubisoft ever released a bad game? Maybe not consistently well-received ones, but I mean a bad game?

I can't think of any, and that gets me pretty pumped about the Wii launch, knowing they'll be backing it hardcore.

Shiny
08-05-2006, 12:17 AM
YAY! I love pretty much all the stuff Ubisoft has released and I'm thrilled to know that they'll be releasing games for the Wii as it's the only new console that's worth buying this year.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Has Ubisoft ever released a bad game? Maybe not consistently well-received ones, but I mean a bad game?Warrior Within.

KentaRawr!
08-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Has Ubisoft ever released a bad game? Maybe not consistently well-received ones, but I mean a bad game?Warrior Within.

Which urges me to remind everyone that a Prince of Persia game is in development for the Wii. o.o

Rostum
08-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Which urges me to remind everyone that a Prince of Persia game is in development for the Wii. o.o

The Wii-mote features would be very interesting on that game, I hope they manage to pull something nice with it.

Hambone
08-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Yay! Shinnok's back!

Erdrick Holmes
08-06-2006, 02:57 AM
*seppuku*