PDA

View Full Version : logical

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 06:40 PM
there are two logical ways to think about R=U one way is that if it really did happen that way and developers wanted that they would have made an ending of what happens when rinoa dies

or they could have been unaffected by this because of time compression you decide.

boys from the dwarf
08-04-2006, 06:44 PM
rinoa isnt ultimecia. im sure this has been cleared up in those many thread with page long theorys about it. you say ways it could make sense but you dont explain why rinoa is ultimecia in the first place. (sorry if that somehow sounded mean in any way.)

Xurts
08-04-2006, 08:18 PM
No. Let's not get started with this. R=U is FALSE. NOT TRUE. Get over it.

Ryushikaze
08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
If Rinoa is Ultimecia, then Laguna is Irvine.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I've always been open to believe that Rinoa is Ultimecia. But some people just hate it when believe this possibility. It makes perfect to me. Rinoa as the Ultimate Sorceress? Oh, yeah... Definitely works.

Ryushikaze
08-04-2006, 08:44 PM
EDIT: Refferer link errors. Bedamn them. Well, here.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197343.html

Read the Time/Ultimecia FAQ.

It has all the reasons why Rinoa cannot be Ulti.

The most important is that Sorceress's have normal human lifespans, but there's also that Ulti tries to kill Rinoa at several points.

bipper
08-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I've always been open to believe that Laguana is Irvine. But some people just hate it when believe this possibility. It makes perfect to me. Irvine as the Squall's Daddy? Oh, yeah... Definitely works.

I am open to the possability of r=u, but not the fact. There is also the possability that the water is made out of blue kool-aide, but no real concrete information.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I've always been open to believe that Rinoa is Ultimecia. But some people just hate it when believe this possibility. It makes perfect to me. Rinoa as the Ultimate Sorceress? Oh, yeah... Definitely works.
I like the Ultimecia = Edea theory. But yes, let's not get into this discussion again...:eep:

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, yeah... Refute all you want. I could say the same when people say that the characters act like real people... Yeah, really really, dumb people.

Why can't you all just accept that some people like the R=U Theory and let it be? For the Love of the Widow! Just let it go...

So I'm of Islam, do you HAVE to keep telling about White Jesus? No. So let by gones be by gones. This is exactly why we're in a senseless war right now. Pick a country, any country... say their's terriorts/Sorceress... Get 'em! Say their are sympathizers of the R=U... Ban THEM!!! Bash! Stone them! Stone them...

Walk away people... Just walk away... If you don't post anything... THAT ALONE will say you don't believe in the R=U Theory, okay?

So, let those of us who do enjoy it talk about it. And with that I say... T.G.I.F.!

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, except it's wrong. The creators of the game have put out information that proves it false. It doesn't really take but a millisecond of thought to piece together the information when you know that Sorceresses have normal human lifespans. So don't go saying 'R=U must be true!1one" when it's been proven false.

Edit: And this isn't about 'singling out' supporters of the theory either, I have no clue where you got that from.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, except it's wrong. The creators of the game have put out information that proves it false. It doesn't really take but a millisecond of thought to piece together the information when you know that Sorceresses have normal human lifespans. So don't go saying 'R=U must be true!1one" when it's been proven false.

Edit: And this isn't about 'singling out' supporters of the theory either, I have no clue where you got that from.

Okay, that's what I'm talking about... What is so wrong with people discussing this without flak from everyone else; not saying it's true but discussing it. The moment we start talk about a mutal interest someone jumps in and says it's not true (which we know), it can't be proven (yes, we know, but time travel, three wishes, and the dropping price of gas hasn't been proven either; but it's something fun to talk/dream about... Especially the gas prices). And no one is saying that it's true.

I mean, I remember talking about FFVII's formerly mysterious aftermath and I mentioned that there were still clones wondering about and people shot me down for that... So I just shut up. I opted to just discuss it, not prove anything... Guess who was right the whole time? Sorry, I had to gloat on that one....

But I really hope this discussion is not about proving but just sharing ideas of why we think so... Not proving anything.

Sir Bahamut
08-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with sharing opinions on the theory (eg. "I think it's cool because..." or "I don't like it because..."), but the reason people jump at it so quickly is because supporters very frequently start trying to logically justify the theory, and the general outcome of any given R=U debate will statistically speaking end up a flamefest. Last time the discussion raged here, for instance, was when Lychon was defending it, and well, he got himself banned, which pretty much says it all :rolleyes2

So I guess if you want to discuss it, you'll probably have to avoid trying to logically justify why you believe it (if you do), because it provokes to debates in 9 out of 10 cases...

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
But the thing is it's like people click on the discussion 'looking' for a fight.

I see discussions like "The Realism of the Characters" and stay away... Not looking for it... Not anymore. I wonder if you remember me from years ago Sir Bahamut.

Honestly, it's like the believers are minorities pursicuted by a majority that threatens them just for mentioning it.

Kinda like KKK dropping in on the annual Black Family Reunion. Like New Age Smokers Annual 420 Picnic getting invaded by the COGIC Campers.

Y'know somehow that came out sounding like a weird sports match...:p

Here's a better example: Those who discuss the construction and use of a real Lightsaber... The construction of a real lightsaber is totally improbable, but the practical uses of a lightsaber should totally dismiss the discussion all together, yet, people have it and I for one am just fine to let them go about their way on it. I would touch that topic with... well, a lightsaber.

Sir Bahamut
08-05-2006, 01:25 AM
And that's fair enough; they're not harming anyone after all, so who cares? However, one of the unfortunate situations with R=U is that it has had a nasty tendency to spawn fanatic supporters who will proclaim the truth of the theory with all the zeal of a religious fanatic. These people won't stop at anything to back down from their belief in the theory, and will constantly bring it up at any occasion and ridicule those who argue against them (Lychon, who followed me around and sent me countless insulting PM's after our debate on the matter, is again a case in point).

Obviously not every supporter is like that, but this has led to the notion of a "R=U debate" to be associated with a lot of negative things. Consequently, many (myself included, I must admit) will instantly try and quell any discussions on the matter...

EDIT: I'm afraid I can't remember you specifically. The only person I can remember having debated with here several years ago is Big D, although I'm sure there were others (presumably yourself included).

Dark_Mage_Palom
08-05-2006, 02:11 AM

yeah lots of ppl don't like to hear that Rinoa is ultimecia but I for one like to believe this aswell

it seems like square leaves it up to you to decide in the end

Hambone
08-05-2006, 04:32 AM
Do we have to get into this again?

Leeza
08-05-2006, 05:36 AM
No, we don't.