PDA

View Full Version : im scared crapless

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
i just found out that one of my ex's has aids and i got checked this morning now im waiting for the results

KentaRawr!
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
:eek: Oh shsap!

I'm sorry to hear that. :cry:

bipper
08-04-2006, 07:06 PM
i just found out that one of my ex's has aids and i got checked this morning now im waiting for the results

WTF you're 14. You should not be having sex in the first place!! Best of luck with the results. How old was your partner?

Bipper

krayziesaiko
08-04-2006, 07:10 PM

I really hope you don't have it! Did you use protection?

Eiko Guy
age is just a number and she was 16

Dynast-Kid
Really,14 is way too young IMO.I'm 13 and I don't plan on giving my innocence to someone for a while...

Good luck on the results though.

bipper
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM

Oh god no, age is not just a number. If it is, sex is just tag.

Don't dumb it down to justify your actions. You had sex, you put yourself in a position to affect not only yourself but your partner(s) and possibly a baby.

Sex is a very selfish act at your age (imo) I srsly hope everything turns out ok, and I hope you take a lesson from all of this.

The aids virus is also small enough to pass through a condom ~ so that is never a safe answer.

bipper

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I agree with Bipper.

We all hope you are OK though.

BizarroSephiroth
08-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, sex isn't the only way to get AIDS

Anyway good luck.

bipper
08-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Well, sex isn't the only way to get AIDS

Oh yeah, good point :jess:

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Right,reckless behaviour is how you get AIDs.

Rye
08-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not going to mince words, so here it is. Your decision was stupid and reckless. Why did you have sex with someone when you didn't KNOW if she could have had AIDs or STDs or such? Is it so incredibly hard to actually check into these things? Did you even use a condom? Now, I hope you don't have AIDs, don't get me wrong, but your decision was stupid. I hope you learn from this experience. But it's your life, not mine.

That is, if this is even true. I agree with the post below mine by Carmilla. Anyway, I have nothing more to say about this.

Carmilla
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
If i found out that i might have a virus that could possibly kill me in a few years, i dont think the first place i would go to tell people is a Final Fantasy themed online forum.

Either an attention seeking post or a problem that Darwin will handle. :mog:

Agent Proto
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I am severely disappointed that you would risk yourself having sex at such a young age. I completely agree with bipper with everything he pointed out.

Hopefully, everything will be ok with you.

mooglebunni608
08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm not going to mince words, so here it is. Your decision was stupid and reckless. Why did you have sex with someone, at the age of 14, when you didn't KNOW if she could have had AIDs or STDs or such? Is it so incredibly hard to actually check into these things? Did you even use a condom? Now, I hope you don't have AIDs, don't get me wrong, but your decision was stupid. I hope you learn from this experience.

That is, if this is even true. I agree with the post below mine by Carmilla. Anyway, I have nothing more to say about this.
My thoughts exactly.
Let's hope your safe.

Black Angel
08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm not going to mince words, so here it is. Your decision was stupid and reckless. Why did you have sex with someone, at the age of 14, when you didn't KNOW if she could have had AIDs or STDs or such? Is it so incredibly hard to actually check into these things? Did you even use a condom? Now, I hope you don't have AIDs, don't get me wrong, but your decision was stupid. I hope you learn from this experience.

My thoughts exactly.
Let's hope your safe.
Agreed.

Roto13
08-04-2006, 07:33 PM
The aids virus is also small enough to pass through a condom ~ so that is never a safe answer.
It certainly helps a lot. Nothing is 100% effective, but don't give anyone the impression that a condom won't help against HIV.

Shoeberto
08-04-2006, 07:34 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have heard lately. Age can start being just a number when you're 50 and want to start seeing the world. Age is not just a number when you're 14 and could have potentially just contracted HIV.

Tavrobel
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
The GOE ftw. I'll be completely frank. You deserve my pity, but I will withhold it form you.

You definitely put yourself in a bad situation, in what was largely a selfish, and totally unnecessary act. I've got no sympathy for you, although my teenage male side of me is yelling "Good job! You scared with an older girl," but the rest of me, which is made primarily of severe and harsh judicators that enjoy other peoples' suffering, is somewhat happy that this is occuring to you at this time.

I do sincerely hope you have not learned your lesson, and that you continue to pay for it.

Probably not the best thing to do is to tell a gaming forum about your problems, especially of this magnitude.

EDIT: Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. Let's hope that your ex got it from a tattoo parlor with really bad sanitation, and used needles AFTER you had sex. Or the public toilet. That works, too.

rubah
08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
There's a bunch of other fourteen year olds who have sex. He is one of them. They're all dumb for having done it, but so are the thirteen and twelve and fifteen and sixteen year olds.

You have my best wishes in not contracting HIV, as regretable as your ideas on children and sex are. And in future you'll know whether or not you need to warn any partners ahead of time, to save them the agony you're going through now.

bipper
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
It certainly helps a lot. Nothing is 100% effective, but don't give anyone the impression that a condom won't help against HIV.

I just meant to say that the condoms are not the safe answer. It is like thinking your ok riding a motorcycle wearing just a helmet. IT does help, but raping ones point is counterproductive as well. The aids virus can pass through [even] the newer latex based condoms. Granted, they reduce the medium by which the virus usually travels, thus greatly neutralising the chance. However, it only takes one viral unit to pass through the condom wall. I hardly call that safer. Statistically, it might be. But when you are dealing with an agonising death, I would like a 100% positive answer. kthx.

Alive-Cat
08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
That's real bad, I'm hoping for the best!
EDIT: The best being that you do not have it!

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
i did know the girl she was my ex girlfriend not ex fuckbuddy i used a condom and all that but you never know so im getting checked and i am hella worried right now

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
as everyones clearly being nasty, i think ill be the nice one for change

what youre all saying is true, but frig sake ive got no idea how this guy feels, he really must be going through hell, so save the scolding till later, at the present moment he needs our help.

whens your results? have you got someone rather than us to seek help from?

EDIT- in fact its even worse, when you consider his age. hes only 14. im 17 and id crack under pressure like that. so lay off, everyone made your point

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah,sorry if we were too harsh.Scolding comes later.

Yeah,you should really tell someone ho can actually,physically help you.Not us FF-geeks.

SammieBabe
08-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, hopefully you'll learn a lesson from all this. Best of luck to you...

feona17
08-04-2006, 08:00 PM
First, I think you should talk to the girl and convince her to tell anyone who she is involved with that she has this condition. No need in putting more in that stressful situation.

Second, this is okay since you'll learn to keep it in your pants. I don't mean to be harsh, but it's like, if you're going to get involved sexually, when you're 14 or 24 doesn't matter, ALWAYS make sure that your partner is safe. If they hesitate, go with them to the clinic to make sure they're not heartless bastards who want to spread it or are indifferent about it.

Third, I really really hope that you are safe. Good luck.

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
ive called everyone of my friends we are going to mindy's house when i get the result to either party or mope

see i went with the girl about half a year ago i was still 14 and now they say if i have it it wont take too long to find out

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 08:08 PM
is Mindy the girl with AIDs?

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 08:12 PM
no mindy is like my bestfriend

blue phoenix
08-04-2006, 08:19 PM
thats good moral support, but what about professional? do your parents know, did the doctors give you any stuff to read?

Eiko Guy
08-04-2006, 08:25 PM
no they don't know i made the doctor promise that he doesnt tell i'll tell them if i find out that i actually have it yeah he gave me a booklet about living life with aids and stuff but i don't know if i could take it i actually wanted to get older and have kids

The Devil Man
08-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm gonna probably get shot down for this, but...

Has anyone actually considered this whole thread might be a lie? It seems kind of far-fetched, that a 14 year old kid is being tested because his 16 year old ex is HIV positive... Hmmm...

Don't bother getting so worked up over this. I don't buy it.

KentaRawr!
08-04-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna probably get shot down for this, but...

Has anyone actually considered this whole thread might be a lie? It seems kind of far-fetched, that a 14 year old kid is being tested because his 16 year old ex is HIV positive... Hmmm...

Don't bother getting so worked up over this. I don't buy it.

I call dibs on shooting him down.

Dreddz
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Cross your fingers and hope for the best :)

Alive-Cat
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Just accept it at face value, I think!
I assume he is not lying.

bipper
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Someone who wants attention is not going to jump up and down and say I might have aids. They cut themselves

Carmilla
08-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Someone who wants attention is not going to jump up and down and say I might have aids. They cut themselves

Cutting yourself cant be seen on the internet... unless you webcam it.

The Devil Man
08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm just very sceptical.

As others have said, you don't announce a potential death sentence in a Final Fantasy forum. Okay, this is General Chat and people can post what they like in here, but something about this Thread strikes me as wrong and tasteless. There are a thousand other Forums out there that offer support and help for people who really are in this kind of situation. I just think announcing it here might upset some younger people who use this Forum. It seems a strange place to announce something so serious.

feona17
08-04-2006, 08:59 PM

I laughed out loud at that. It's true, someone who wants attention will just say they hate their life, they cut, or they're lonely or something.

bipper
08-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm just very sceptical.

As others have said, you don't announce a potential death sentence in a Final Fantasy forum. Okay, this is General Chat and people can post what they like in here, but something about this Thread strikes me as wrong and tasteless. There are a thousand other Forums out there that offer support and help for people who really are in this kind of situation. I just think announcing it here might upset some younger people who use this Forum. It seems a strange place to announce something so serious.

That is EoFF for ya; we are a strange crew. Like Family, only more... rediculous.

This IS serious buisness.

Bipper

Alive-Cat
08-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm just very sceptical.

I think if anything like this happened to me I would probably anounce it here!
So I come back from testing to see if I have AIDS or not, personally I would try to resume some what my regular life. So I'd go on the internet. Chances are I'd probably go on EoFF, and tell some people. Making a thread is just the same as that. :spin:

The Devil Man
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Alive-Man, you have a point...

Ahh well, I'm new here anyway. What do I know? As long as you regulars are okay with it, then thats all that matters. :bounce:

DK
08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't really think it's your place to come in here being sceptical of anything or not. I'm not saying I believe everything that's said, hell there are plenty of things going round here lately that i'm entirely sceptical of, but that's my decision to make, and that doesn't give me the right to come into a thread of someone who potentially has contracted a life threatening disease at the age of 14, before your life has really begun, and say "I don't believe you, it sounds like a lie." Keep it to yourself, no need to be an ass about it imho.

As for the thread anyway, well, I wouldn't wish AIDs on anybody, but if you got it well, s'your own fault and I hope you are able to learn to live with it. I hope for your sake you don't, though.

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
I like how Bipper put it...one big family...

we're here for you man...

Cloudstrife4003
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
That is kinda your fault u know,having sex at an early age,sorry to hear about it though...

I'm not going to mince words, so here it is. Your decision was stupid and reckless. Why did you have sex with someone when you didn't KNOW if she could have had AIDs or STDs or such? Is it so incredibly hard to actually check into these things? Did you even use a condom? Now, I hope you don't have AIDs, don't get me wrong, but your decision was stupid. I hope you learn from this experience. But it's your life, not mine.

I agree!

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 10:13 PM
It's not entirely his fault.

Did this chick know she was infected before she slept with you?

Iceglow
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM

Ok harsh Rye and yet I am faced with agreeing with you. I'm a fine one to talk myself having lost my virginity at 14 but then I was 14 and was having protected sex with another virgin who I had known for a long time (long time in the eyes of a 14 year old maybe not so long now that I am 21). And yeah her being a virgin and me being a virgin didn't make it right but heck the past is the past and I atleast knew my partners past. I hope you learn from this that you need to be able to trust your partner and if you don't know the past don't go there.

Also just cause a chick is easy or the college bike doesn't mean you should take a spin otherwise your just asking for stuff like this.

Edit: added some punctuation to that post as it made no sense to me in hind sight.

Sylvie
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok harsh Rye and yet I am faced with agreeing with you I'm a fine one to talk myself having lost my virginity at 14 but then I was 14 and was having protected sex with another virgin who I had known for a long time (long time in the eyes of a 14 year old maybe not so long now that I am 21) and yeah her being a virgin and me being a virgin didn't make it right but heck the past is the past and I atleast knew my partners past. I hope you learn from this that you need to be able to trust your partner and if you don't know the past don't go there. And also just cause a chick is easy or the college bike doesn't mean you should take a spin otherwise your just asking for stuff like this.

What you say? There really are no periods in that besides the end. I found it hard to read.

Anyway, good luck with the results. I hope you don't have it, but you really shouldn't of had sex at 14.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2006, 10:49 PM

Maybe checking was done, and at the time the person she slept with was unaware they had AIDS?

Well, it wasn't advisable to have sex at that age, but I'm not going to condemn or criticize you for it. Primarily because you might have AIDS, which kind of pisses on anything I could say to you.

Despite this, take heart. AIDS medications are improving every day - sadly we're not yet at the stage where they're exceptionally good and dirt cheap, but we are still at a stage where they are a good bet, and won't leave you entirely bankrupt if you budget yourself. Still, in ten, twenty years time, it probably won't be a consideration (And by the mid-30s very little will be a consideration).

Hambone
08-04-2006, 11:30 PM
We need you here. Don't go off getting diseases. This isn't the 60's anymore. Good luck.

Rocket Edge
08-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Best of luck with the results. I have a feeling that things will be ok for you. Just let this be a well-deserved scare for you.

Cloudstrife4003
08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I think we scared her away beacause of all our negative comments-serves her right!

Dynast-Kid
08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
He's a guy.

Cloudstrife4003
08-04-2006, 11:45 PM
oh....lol....sorry eiko...

Decessus
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm very conflicted in this. One side of me wishes you the best of luck with the results. The other is calling you a moron, and almost thinks you deserve it for 'doing the deed' at such a young age. The side that's calling you a moron is winning. It's a shame. Kids these days need to think these kind of things through before execution.

Let me tell you right now, age is far from a number, and cannot be ignored. Age tells us about maturity and ingnorance. And seeing that you did this, you were being very nescient, as most 14 year olds are.

The Hubsta
08-04-2006, 11:52 PM
More importantly, age reflects how much of your life will have been lost if it's positive.

Madame Adequate
08-05-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm very conflicted in this. One side of me wishes you the best of luck with the results. The other is calling you a moron, and almost thinks you deserve it for 'doing the deed' at such a young age. The side that's calling you a moron is winning. It's a shame. Kids these days need to think these kind of things through before execution.

Yeah, see, I really don't think many people in their entire lives do anything so bad they deserve to have a long-term disease as significant as AIDS. That's like saying someone deserves to have cirrhosis because they got drunk when they're 14.

Let me tell you right now, age is far from a number, and cannot be ignored. Age tells us about maturity and ingnorance. And seeing that you did this, you were being very nescient, as most 14 year olds are.

No, age tells us about potential maturity. I know plenty of people twice as old who are just as thoughtless. It's just that if someone does have the capacity to be mature, they're more likely to have figured more related matters out when they're older, through simple experience.

Dell
08-05-2006, 05:15 AM
I agree witth Rye.
Your decision was reckless, do you even think of what's going to happen after what you have done? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh but your parent will be more 'harsher' than us if they heard this (Their son future and the other girls (The one with AIDS) future and blah, blah, blah). Best of luck with the results.

Decessus, I'm not in that nescient group!! I'm not a nescient 14!

thizzle
08-05-2006, 05:52 AM
I was having sex at 11.

Sylvie
08-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Thats terrible.

Dynast-Kid
08-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Yes,it is.

Khaotic
08-05-2006, 06:04 AM
I was having sex at 11.
I fear getting banned if I take my time to reply to you.

With that said, I find this thread to be a lie, if it was serious it would be in EoEo, not general chat. But, if its true, let us know what happened.

frunk
08-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Bitch bitch bitch being 14+sex=BAD bitch bitch blarg!

Ok, so let me get this straight, someone in this community might have AIDS and you are all conentrating on giving them /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about having sex? Get a frikken life and grow some compassion here, I'm sure the last thing you want to hear as you await your test results is IT'S YOUR FAULT!
I really am praying for you man, I hope everything turns out alright.

Yamaneko
08-05-2006, 07:43 AM
This thread is terrible. What's the point exactly? Sorry to hear about your current situation, but this is a personal matter and we don't need another thread condemning teenagers having sex.