PDA

View Full Version : Metal

BizarroSephiroth
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Who here likes metal music? I definetly do!!!

Venom
08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
I like glam rock and SOME thrash metal, so yes I do like Metal.

Zeldy
08-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Finnish metal > all
My favourite finnish metal bands being Sentenced, Charon, Nightwish, Apulanta and The 69 Eyes

DK
08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
My favourite from that list is Iron Maiden.

AdVenT
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Metallica

Fuego
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM
i would have chosen metallica but i haven't bought their last 3 or 4 albums ...
so i chose other.
and i havn't downloaded any of the songs from those albums 'cause i can't stand the music.

I Took the Red Pill
08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
AC DC. They're not metal imho, but For Those About to Rock has the single greatest buildup intro in music.

Mythra
08-05-2006, 03:12 AM
From the list I chose Opeth, they just make give me a different feeling emotionally wise rather than the other bands on the list. And since their album Damnation is one of my favorite albums of all time...You get the point ;)

Shoden
08-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Metallica ftw but it was hard choosing them over Dio and Iron Maiden.

SammieBabe
08-05-2006, 03:19 AM
I like older metal. Judas Priest, Sabbath, stuff like that. Your lack of Black Sabbath on that list makes me sad in the pants...
Newer metal bands just don't blow my skirt up...

Fuego
08-05-2006, 03:49 AM
I like older metal. Judas Priest, Sabbath, stuff like that. Your lack of Black Sabbath on that list makes me sad in the pants...
LOL and agreed ;) :P :D

DK
08-05-2006, 03:55 AM

srsly, System of a Down lollerskates.

Mr. Graves
08-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Glam Rock is sh!t.

Iron Maiden. I'd say Metallica, but after St. Wanker... Er, Anger, I can't vote for them.

Maiden and Bruce D all the way!

Ramza Beoulve
08-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Megadeth

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Not really fond of that style of music. Just seems too much "volume" and not enough "music" for my tastes.

tailz
08-05-2006, 11:35 AM
tallica.

dont listen to verry much metal only tallica nightwish and some older stuff :D

Thorn
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Bit much for me, I prefer rock or soft rock.

DK
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Not really fond of that style of music. Just seems too much "volume" and not enough "music" for my tastes.

You have no idea what you're talking about, then.

Crushed Hope
08-05-2006, 03:32 PM

A statement bred from the media's ignorance of metal surely.

New metal is so many times better than the "classics" mainly because the bands out now have time to expand upon the sound of the classics, make them better, and make it even more unique.

Back in the early days of metal, a band as fucking good as Agalloch would never have existed. Infact, when it comes to "influential" bands I listen to very few of the "classics" because they just don't hold a candle to modern bands, one of the few bands I do listen to that is a classic and for good fucking reasons too is Possessed. Their album 7 Churches is fantastic, contains some of THE most memorable riffs in all of metal.

Shoden
08-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Glam Rock is sh!t.

Iron Maiden. I'd say Metallica, but after St. Wanker... Er, Anger, I can't vote for them.

Maiden and Bruce D all the way!

Frantic and The Unnamed feeling were pretty good songs on that album, Load beats St Anger down and kicks it off a 90ft cliff blindfolded with jagged rocks at the base of the gorge. Black Sabbath <3. 70's 80's and 90's metal does the trick for my ears.

Breine
08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Heavy Metal is definitely not my favourite kind of music, but I guess it's okay. Out of those you've listed in the poll Metallica does it for me. Heavy Metal or not, Metallica is good music.

Fuego
08-05-2006, 10:02 PM
New Metal makes me cringe. i haven't heard a new band wearing the metal banner that was worth listening to. and i think metallica should be called rock now. they are clearly not metal anymore (well since load of crap that is. and if anyone has doubts i urge you to listen to the cd's and feel the blood ooze out of your ears as the music gradually goes down.)
***Edit
Just don't don't download it ... i think lars is still feeling poor. :p

NorthernChaosGod
08-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Out of those listed, I chose Megadeth.

But my favorite band is probably Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, or Amon Amarth.

i would have chosen metallica but i haven't bought their last 3 or 4 albums ...
so i chose other.
and i havn't downloaded any of the songs from those albums 'cause i can't stand the music.
Their last few albums suck. Don't waste your time.