PDA

View Full Version : What did u think of Final Fantasy X?

chrisfffan
08-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Is Final Fantasy X the worst ever final fantasy? apart from X 2 i completed it today and i wasnt impressed i think the thing that anoyed me was the main charcter he didnt do it for me he just anoyed me and the larst fight was a joke it was probably the worst end fight ever!

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 11:35 PM
*sigh*

Well, Tida being annoying is your problem. He isn't a bad character, his voice is just somewhat childish. But you get used to it after awhile.

The final boss is a story battle. The real final boss is Braska's Final Aeon (Jecht).. Not too hard to figure out.

Anyway, Final Fantasy X is definitely not the worst Final Fantasy. I'd say it's up there as one of the best. It's story and atmosphere were very new and refreshing as far as the FF series goes, and it's characters were very memorable as well. It's story was also very nice, and had a bittersweet ending which was very satisfactory. I have no complaints.

Regardless, if you're going to get annoyed with simple little things when you play games, maybe you should stop playing games period.

chrisfffan
08-05-2006, 12:10 AM
i think the main charcter has to have a personality cloud had one and so did squall but tidus nah they shouldnt make charcters like him its like in metal gear solid 2 you had to play as this wimpey blonde haired guy called Raiden their are similarities between both of them.

licence
08-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Tidus had a personality. So did Raiden.
And if you only like playing as he-men, thats you;re problem.

Zeromus_X
08-05-2006, 12:23 AM
I should really sic LunarWeaver on you...

Yes, Tida had a personality. He wasn't mopey and brooding like Cloud or Squall. That doesn't mean he is devoid of all personality. Tida was portrayed as a relatively down-to-earth person (other than being a Blitzball star) and otherwise normal person who is thrust into a situation where he is lost and in another world completely different from his own. He is usually cheerful and upbeat, and thinks positively. I'm sorry he doesn't go into a coma every five minutes or his vocabulary consists of '...' and '...whatever'. I could go on, but you should read the thread 'Tidus-A General Rebuttal' by Maxx Power, in case you still think Tida isn't very detailed or 'annoying'.

Dreddz
08-05-2006, 02:48 AM
Tidus dosent irritate me that much, I can think of alot more people in FFX that annoy me more. The game was a bit too linear, and the battle system was dull, the sphere grid saved the game a bit, the amount of side-quests was good thing. And I liked the story :)

Hambone
08-05-2006, 04:07 AM
Tidus dosent irritate me that much, I can think of alot more people in FFX that annoy me more. The game was a bit too linear, and the battle system was dull, the sphere grid saved the game a bit, the amount of side-quests was good thing. And I liked the story :)
My exact words. :cool:

Dell
08-05-2006, 06:12 AM
My exact words. :cool:

Me too, except I found Tidus to be most annoying and I didn't like the storyline. :mog:

*~Angel Wing~*
08-05-2006, 06:45 AM
1. Final Fantasy VIII :heart: :heart: :heart: :kaolove2:

2. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 :heart: :heart:

3. Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy X-2

Darkwing Bahamut
08-05-2006, 08:15 AM
FFX is the best FF, I like everything about it. The storyline, characters, music and gameplay. The only disappointment was the boring side quests and mini games (especially Blitzball). It's FFX-2 that's the worst.

Thorn
08-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I hate Tidus but FF10 is my favourite game.

Stop being so narrowminded, that the game is purely based on the main character. If you've got other reasons, then tell us.

The game (IMO) has the best gameplay. (Turn system/Spheregrid)

It has a good set of characters, with original roles and personalties.

It has a pretty good Sound track.

and it has two really good villains (Sin and Seymour).

If your going to make a topic about a game, which you found dissapointing, don't just go.

"The person with the blonde hair is gaye...his voice isnt strong and he is sort've sillly with the clothes on his legs, atleast sauron is good"

licence
08-05-2006, 01:17 PM
As much as I love FVIII. I have to agree with the person above when he said FFX had the best gameplay. The spheregrid and turn system were just great. Maybe I liked the gameplay more because the sphere grid meant you could build a character with stats you wanted. Much like junctioning in FFVIII.

Exlyn99
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM
FFX... I love it with all my heart. That's all I'm going to say.

Mirage
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
It's kinda amusing that a few just list their favourites while the others are actually discussing :).

I think FFX had a good story, and mostly good characters. Most characters had fairly interesting personalities and interesting backgrounds, though I didn't really care about Wakka and Kimahri. Wakka annoyed me with his silly way of speaking, and Kimahri was just too passive. Tidus was a bit of an annoyance in the beginning, but he shaped up through the game. His dad and Seymour made great villians too, as mentioned earlier.

The music was overall good, but some field background music was a bit dull. The important scenes all had good music though.

The sphere grid is excellent. It's got the customisation of FF8 (the expert grid more than the standard grid), but makes the characters more unique in battles, as you can't just change your build at any time. I do however prefer action-filled and fast-paced battle systems, strictly turn based got a bit too simplistic and systematic for me. FFX-2 has a battle system I really like, but I can still enjoy FFX' battles.

What I didn't like was the linearity of the game, but I understand that is mostly due to you (the player) not being the real leader for most of the game (notice how you've got more freedom after killing Yunalesca and getting the airship). You just follow the summoner, protecting her from baddiest etc. However, it makes up for that with all the challenges you get later, such as the monster arena and Dark Aeons.

tl;dr: I think it's a good game, but not the best.

SuperNatural
08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
You hate Final Fantasy X because you don't Tidus' personality isn't a complete duplicate of Cloud's? That's a lame reason to hate one of the greatest RPGs ever made.

Ashley Schovitz
08-05-2006, 04:56 PM

Yes, Tida had a personality. He wasn't mopey and brooding like Cloud or Squall. That doesn't mean he is devoid of all personality. Tida was portrayed as a relatively down-to-earth person (other than being a Blitzball star) and otherwise normal person who is thrust into a situation where he is lost and in another world completely different from his own. He is usually cheerful and upbeat, and thinks positively. I'm sorry he doesn't go into a coma every five minutes or his vocabulary consists of '...' and '...whatever'. I could go on, but you should read the thread 'Tidus-A General Rebuttal' by Maxx Power, in case you still think Tida isn't very detailed or 'annoying'.

Oh you just got served chrisfffan. I agree tidus does have a personality it's just more upbeat than Cloud's or Squall's Tidus is more like Yuffie and the actual last battle was against Yu Yevon which if you have Auron do Zombie attack on it it will die instantly. I agree FFX was amazing good in its graphics and I liked the storyline every single nmain ff which I mean every FF that has a number in it is particulary good except X-2, men with their stereotypical views on womens' personalities.

Rosenti
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
say what?? your saying tidus had no personality!!??

holy shi*! Tidus is the only person in the game who really had a character!

Tidus may have whined alot but i rather have that than a straight face and no feeling at all!
if you find tidus irratateing then let me just say this " small things irratate small brains"

Hambone
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
1. Final Fantasy VIII

2. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

3. Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy X-2

Kingdom Hearts isn't a Final Fantasy game, you silly sally. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
This is my favorite game!!!!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

4evarisha
08-10-2006, 09:11 AM
FFX the best game ever because it has my fav characters:)
1.Tidus
2.Rikku
3.Lulu

Markus. D
08-10-2006, 09:43 AM
my 5th or 6th fave FF game.

its really something quite special :]

Crossblades
08-10-2006, 02:47 PM
It's not my favorite FF, but it was still fun to play

feona17
08-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Kweh! I loved FFX, in fact I didn't have any problems with it.

I could understand Tidus, because well he was just some kid who's city is destroyed, then he's transported to another world and then he's dragged into saving that world that he doesn't belong to. Then he finds out he isn't even real technically. So he has a right to cry a little. It was realistic. His voice actor wasn't the best, but Square tried their best yeah. They've gotten better with that sort of thing.

The game was a bit linear yes, but I still enjoyed it nontheless. I think it was linear, just because it goes along with the story itself. They had to go to every temple in Spira, in order maybe, to obtain the Final Aeon. Then we had the airship so did that really matter?

And the bosses were okay, and overall the game wasn't boring. I liked most of the characters, although they didn't do much character developing for Rikku...

The only reason people don't like this game was because of Tidus, the linearness of it and the battle system. But I thought that was okay too.

chrisfffan
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
yes it had the best game play but its the newest game im not counting X 2 because that was rubbish! it was a good game I did enjoy it but the ending and Tidus annoyed me! I don’t think its the best game in the series it either has to be 7 or 8 or maybe im just too old school! haha I don’t know its just I don’t think you need the characters voices in a final fantasy game in 7 and 8 you could tell exactly what the sounded like without hearing them speak, the language was top draw and I think you got a better idea of the story what do you think? Am I being too old school or do I have a point?

FTF
08-11-2006, 06:31 AM
yes it had the best game play but its the newest game im not counting X 2 because that was rubbish! it was a good game I did enjoy it but the ending and Tidus annoyed me! I don’t think its the best game in the series it either has to be 7 or 8 or maybe im just too old school! haha I don’t know its just I don’t think you need the characters voices in a final fantasy game in 7 and 8 you could tell exactly what the sounded like without hearing them speak, the language was top draw and I think you got a better idea of the story what do you think? Am I being too old school or do I have a point?

FFVII(I) is nowhere near oldschool. :rolleyes2 You realize that Final Fantasy came out a full decade before FFVII right? (and no, I'm not oldschool, I started with VII as well :( )

I much prefer voice acting over reading everything... but only if the acting is done well. The voice acting was fairly poor in FFX, I'll agree, but they did have their limitations.

For the record, ignoring his voice... Tidus was far less annoying than Squall, and what I remember of Cloud. At least Tidus was... well, real. Sure, there are people as introverted as Squall... but it isn't magically undone when a girl you just figured out you liked suddenly falls into a coma....

Anyways, mroe on-topic... I like FFX alot. The storyline, to me, is very interesting... especially due to the revelations near the end. The end is... wierd... but... yeah. The replay value is terrific because of all the different ways you can play the game. I'm new at challenges, and am just starting a plain NSG... but it's alot different than playing normally, and it adds a whole new level of entertainment to the game.

chrisfffan
08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I don’t get that with squall I think that’s fairly realistic the way he falls in love with Riona well as realistic as final fantasy can be

*Lady luck*
08-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I absolutely loved it. It was my first final fantasy ever and I didn’t even know games could be that good. No matter how many bad qualities that people point out about it, I don’t think I could ever dislike it.

Rostum
08-15-2006, 02:19 AM
I just finished playing FFX. I'm so dissapointed that it is such a short game -- though I enjoyed, and have good feelings about all of my way through the game. Even though a lot of dialogue was truely lame, it does not bother me that much. :)

Edit: I'll agree that the voice acting was subpar on the english version side of things. It doesn't even feel they put in any effort to change the lip sync for the english voices, which is a huge let down. I was looking through some cutscene movies of 'Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga' and they seem to do a very good job at it.

chrisfffan
08-17-2006, 10:30 PM
yea its like the bits when its serious and then the characters talked really quick that annoyed me. but if it your first Final Fantasy you will love it its like everyone who played 7 first likes that the best i played 8 first and i think its the best

feona17
08-17-2006, 10:46 PM
FF is one of the best. I think it's only flaws were the voice-acting, but other than that, the graphics were awesome, the battle system (turn-based and the sphere grid) were awesome and it had a good story. I immediately liked it.

No.78
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
I loved the storyline, the battle system, the sense of accomplishment... The graphics... Tidus' voice annoyed me, and Wakka saying ya all the time or whatever he said... Yeah it was ya, but that's all.

chrisfffan
08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
anyway thinking about it? it was a good game! Auron was a great character but i didnt like the main character and i dont think il play it again but everyone has their favourite FF game dont they? mines 8 whats yours?

Wuggly Blight
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
One of the worst really.

Shiny
08-23-2006, 12:54 AM
I liked it. I thought the music was fantastic. The graphics were top notch. We were given some in depth details about some of the characters. The storyline was interesting, but I would have liked the ridiculous amounts of "I hate you dads" to be minimized. I mean, we get it already! You hate him, sheesh. Tidus was annoying and not a very good leader which was Final Fantasy X's only flaw.

ama124
08-23-2006, 12:55 AM
One of the worst really.

Really? I don't think so. I'm the exact opposite. But thats your opinon

I think ffx is one of the greatest games ever made. Sure it may seem as a stretch to some but thats my opinon. Everything was brilliant; the story, gameplay, battle system, characters, music and graphics. The story is wonderfully written. The gameplay is great although many say the game is too linear, but how the story is written it fits. I loved the battle system, i thought that the sphere grid was a inventive and unique touch and i loved how you could switch characters in battle. The characters were great, they felt real to me and if you play the game long enough you get attached to them. People say the voice acting was bad but i loved it. I thought they fit the characters well oppposed to waht many people say. The graphics, who could not love them. The ingame graphics were awesome, so much detail. The FMV was amazing, it felt like i was watching a movie. And last but not least the music. Great as always, nobuo is a musical genius :bow: . There was not one song that i did not like. The game was excellent. The greatest i've ever played.

chrisfffan
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
id give it a 5 out 0f 10 how about u i think most peoples will be a lot higher!

Wuggly Blight
08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Nobou didnt write most of FFX soundtrack which is obvious, Its unsuited boring perpetual screaching, with three songs remixed 6 times. The storyline was simple, boring, with little progression that revealed to much to early (although it was all obvious anyway). After the first hour you had little story until the end.

The characters had no background, motivation (apart from one thrown in last minute that really didnt hold water) with awful voice acting. The game was so linar it removed all the fun, it was more action genre then rpg, and the games the shortest in along time.

Puck
08-25-2006, 10:19 PM
I think that FFX was the best game of the series. Tidus, despite what people would say of his personality, serves as a good character for the player because he is just as ignorant of Spira as the player is when first starting. He is an outsider, just as the player is, and the interactions between other characters show this.

I thought the storyline was good, but not brilliant. I felt there was no real depth to the story save one or two things regarding the characters. The characters and their reactions are what makes the storyline stand out for me, rather than many of the events that take place. I think that the villains of FFX were rather poorly done compared to those of previous games and we did not have enough chances to witness the destruction Sin brings to Spira. The music and graphics are excellent especially To Zanarkand, though it should have been played later when we could associate the feelings that it conveys to the storyline of FFX in my opinion.

Raebus
08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Nobou didnt write most of FFX soundtrack which is obvious, Its unsuited boring perpetual screaching, with three songs remixed 6 times. The storyline was simple, boring, with little progression that revealed to much to early (although it was all obvious anyway). After the first hour you had little story until the end.

The characters had no background, motivation (apart from one thrown in last minute that really didnt hold water) with awful voice acting.The game was so linar it removed all the fun, it was more action genre then rpg, and the games the shortest in along time.

Your right, I mean seriously who'd expect their first game with voice acting throughout to be high standard. :thumb:

Oh and yeah, I disagree with your post and think the opposite of most of it.

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
he didnt write it u can tell by the music when you fight sir jecht that was the worst music iv ever heard i turned the sound off!

Alexander
09-08-2006, 06:58 AM
FFX really impressed me.

I was waiting bad stuff, you know, with Nomura on character design and such (FFVII and FFVIII's characters are really sub-par and he is the one to blame), and no World Map, which generally means "linear". The fact that I played FFX-2 first didn't help a bit as well.

FFX gladly proved me wrong.

All characters are well developed (even Kimahri, that almost never speaks), and the storyline is pretty nice, as well (even though I've never seen so dead people "living" in a RPG). Yuna is not the biatch that we see in FFX-2, same for Rikku. Wakka is irritating because of his religious fanatism, but this is the door for great development, so I didn't get annoyed. Auron is truly badass (not the boring silent swordsman we see on Cloud), when I though he was gonna to be another Squall. And Tidus is not emo, yay, they made him follow Zidane's path. Okay, his voice sucks a bit, and he is a bit whiny in the beginning, but he developed pretty well. The ending is also amazing, and it would be perfect, if FFX-2 didn't exist (and I can always pretend that it really doesn't exist XD).

Sphere Grid is awesome. It's an original way of leveling up characters, and it follows nicely. The abd side is that it is too linear for most of the game. Well, it doesn't matter much, since the Expert Sphere Grid of FFX International fixes that as well. I don't care if it has less nodes. I'm not a power leveler. XD

The battle system is also awesome. CTB puts some strategy on the game, it remembered me FFT's CT/AT/CTR/whatever thingy, that I really like. I also loved Overdrives, skills, and enemies (they were not eactly easy - again, FFVIII was way easier). The only flaw with some battle is making post-Airship battles with so little HP. Considering that, unless you go DIRECTLY to Sin without doing sidequests, you probably got everyone with a lot of the Sphere Grid activated. Which makes Seymour Omnis 80000 HP and BFA's 60000/120000 HP horrendously low, compared to Dark Aeons and Monster Arena monsters.

The sidequests are all nice, even though the goodies are too hard to get sometimes. And Blitzball is BORING, but I can live with that.

Well, in a nutshell, FFX is a great Final Fantasy. On my FF ranking, FFX left FFIV behind, and is my 4th position (losing to FFIX, FFVI an FFT, respectively).

LunarWeaver
09-08-2006, 07:09 AM

:jess:

This thread is the prime incarnation of why people have begun to hate VII so much.

As for the topic at hand, don't play it if you don't like it :bigsmile:

Whitemage~101
09-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I like playing Final Fantasy X. I hated Tidus though and I hated Blitzball even more. I managed to win it once though, but I couldn't bear to play through that section again. The game has a good storyline though.

exit60b
09-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I enjoyed this game. My cousin and I have this big debate about how the FF series (or just Square games in general) went downhill after putting actual songs with vocals in it.... but i liked the story, Tidus (or his voice) annoyed me til no end...

The last guy I dated said that Tidus was just one big crybaby, haha. I agree, but he had his reasons, no doubt.

chrisfffan
09-08-2006, 11:30 PM
come on! everyone hates tidus right? hes a big cry baby

Yuffie514
09-09-2006, 12:07 AM
+ Sphere Grid
i like almost everything about it except for key spheres, which at one point, left me temporarily stuck.

+ Party Swapping
a great advent that really makes each of the characters useful in their own way.

+ Music/Movie Spheres
i hope a similar option gets integrated into future games.

+ Weapon Customization
i don't need "this one" or "that one" because i made the one that is just suitable for me.

- Voice Acting
i find Tidus and Wakka's voice to be a little grating.

Dubhghlas
09-09-2006, 12:37 AM
This has become one of my favourite final fantasy games out of the series. Memorable characters and a great storyline, as always a storyline that you can really get in to and appreciate. I thought the sphere grid was a touch of genius as opposed to previous leveling systems, and the addition of the expert grid allowed such a high level of freedom to develop the characters how you wanted.

The backgrounds, town, village and city architecture was great and added to my immersion in to Spira. Fantastic graphics, fantastic musical score, fantastic gameplay. It certainly was not the hardest FF game but there are always ways to make it more challenging.

There are some minor issues, such as the lip sync but I really did not let that get at me.

FF7 used to be my favourite but I have grown to really appreciate FFX. Besides I actually remember I time when FF7 was appreciated as a great game but now it seems to have turned more into a cult scene.

~*Yumi*~
09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
It was alright. It really could have been better in my opinion.

Well, maybe it's cuz there ain't no Eiko in it?? XD Or...Vivi, how sad.

Anyways, I didn't feel for it a whole bunch.

chrisfffan
09-16-2006, 08:20 PM
well liked it to a certain point I think it was when they went to Bevelle is that how u spell it? it was all great till then I just think the ending let the game down.

Dell
09-17-2006, 11:59 AM

The characters had no background, motivation (apart from one thrown in last minute that really didnt hold water) with awful voice acting. The game was so linar it removed all the fun, it was more action genre then rpg, and the games the shortest in along time.

Agreed.

No.78
09-17-2006, 01:32 PM
You're making the game worse for yourself by focusing on all of these bad points "oh hey look her character's bad", ermmm, I'm sure you wouldn't notice if you didn't TRY to notice... You know what I mean? It's a game, it's created to entertain NOT to be critisized, if a game has bits you dont like in them, well thats it... Just dont play it, there is no need to critisize the game! It's really, pointless. And just adds a negative vibe to the whole, situation, ya know?
I hope someone actually takes this into account :/

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
that’s a good point its easy to point out the bad bits of a game than the good parts much like any paper you read theirs a lot more written about what’s bad than what’s good.

Bolivar
09-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I liked FFX alot.

The story is great because it runs parallel to the player's experience. In the beginning of the game Tidus is taken to a completely new world that he doesn't understand at all. He is slowly introduced into the world just as the player is, and that helps the gamer identify with it more.

More importantly, it was also taking the player into the next level of gaming, it came out just after the shortage of PS2s was over and alot of people were playing the system for the first time. At the time, Squaresoft was once again taking not only gamers, but developers into what would be the next chapter of games, as it was one of the first games to really use the PS2s capability like that. The environments, like on the Mihen road or in that forest where the butterflies are, it was something that was never seen before in Final Fantasy.

That's why I really enjoyed the game when it first came out. I really liked IX and had high expectations for it, and I was glad to see that they were keeping the characters more class defined like in IX and VI. But at the same time, there was alot of customization and they were hardly linear. It was all up to the player.

I think it's a real good game but I don't know where I'd rank it yet among the other games in the series.

Cruise Control
09-18-2006, 08:16 PM
FFX is the best in my opinion. Until then (excluding FF7)the stories had been very predictable and bland.

No.78
09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
(heehee, all the people with stuff against the game have stopped posting since my post, I think I win.)

chrisfffan
09-23-2006, 05:16 PM
or maybe people have lost interest

~SapphireStar~
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
I loved it at first, but then I wasnt getting sweeped along like I did with the other Final Fantasys. I didnt enjoy the characters as much and it did drag on for me.