PDA

View Full Version : Syberia

Moon Rabbits
08-05-2006, 04:25 AM
I recently bought Syberia for the PC.

It is now my favourite game. The story was so ridiculously original and every one of the characters were rather deep. The gameplay was standard click'n'play adventure game, but the puzzles were innovative and fun and I never had to pixel-hunt.

The story follows Kate Walker, an attorney from New York, on a case to a town in the Alps called Validilene. She needs to aquire a signature for the sale of a factory that manufactures Automatons (robots+clock mechanisms = automatons). The owner dies the day before she gets there, so she must search for the heir to the factory for his signature.

The graphics and music were excellent (I can't find any of the music online. :().

My favourite characters were Madame Romanski and Oscar the train engineer. The ending of the game was moving mostly due to the sub-plot that unfolded over cell-phone conversations (Damn you Dan and Olivia!)

Anyways, I recommend the demo for anyone, and the whole game for anyone looking for an amazing storyline and a fun adventure game.

I plan to buy the sequel as soon as possible.

Discuss Syberia.

kikimm
08-05-2006, 05:59 AM
I bought it a few months ago, and got like...maybe a quarter or so of the way through. What I played I really enjoyed, but I'm really bad with puzzles and I got frustrated and quit. It's a gorgeous game, even though it's not all that new. It can get a bit tedious, cause I hate going back and forth so much, especially when confused. But now you made me want to play it again so we'll see.