PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising

JaytodaP
08-05-2006, 04:37 AM
A new decent looking game coming out from capcom. Pretty much, you are stuck in a mall filled with zombies and crazy things. You can get various things from different stores like a baseball bat, chainsaw and a lawn mower. Thats good enough for me. Whats more fun than running over zombies with a lawn mower. I cant think of anything. Im hoping this will be a fun filled game I cant put down Like Evil Dead Fistful of boomstick (which many people hate for some reason, i really dont know why but probably because i am a huge bruce campbell fan.)

I think this is only for the 360 so w00t w00t i have one. This game will make me be like :D or :love: or possibly even :beer: and Definatly :shoot: except the gun is a chainsaw............:cool:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2006, 05:29 AM
I like that they took advantage of the shopping mall setting by giving you the ability to use prettymuch any object you can lift as a weapon. That's about it, though.

The Shoeless Hobo
08-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll download the demo off Xbox LIVE and see what it's like. But I'll most likely pre-order it. But right now I can't smurfing wait for Sait's Row to come out. :D

BTW, there actually is a story to Dead Rising...

Dreddz
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Dawn Of The Dead anyone....

Madame Adequate
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
This looks so good that I'm honestly tempted to get a 360 just to play it.

XxSephirothxX
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
There's not a whole lot to the gameplay, but it's a whole lot of fun. I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Dead Rising and Ninety-Nine Nights, as they're both games with little more to them than killing a bunch of people.

JaytodaP
08-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I would download the demo, but sadly my m.unit is only 64mb :cry:

Madame Adequate
08-06-2006, 03:16 AM
There's not a whole lot to the gameplay, but it's a whole lot of fun. I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Dead Rising and Ninety-Nine Nights, as they're both games with little more to them than killing a bunch of people.

Well yeah, but look at games like Dynasty Warriors. Bugger all depth, retardedly fun and addictive. Include zombies, and you're set.

XxSephirothxX
08-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, they're certainly fun. What I meant was, I'm going to have trouble choosing between buying Dead Rising and Ninety-Nine Nights, since they're both very similar types of games. I can't really justify spending 110 bucks on them, but I can certainly afford one addictive beat-em-up. :p

Madame Adequate
08-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Ah, fair enough, didn't read what you said properly then =P

My vote does have to go with the zombies, though.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-06-2006, 06:09 PM
looks a bit repettitve

JKTrix
08-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I personally would choose Dead Rising over N3. Just from the bit I've played of both, Dead Rising looks to potentially be the more enjoyable. I read/watched the reviews on 1up, and both said that it's obviously flawed but incredibly fun.
Plus the voice acting seems to be excellent, compared to the bit I heard in N3.

Check here for 'everything' you can do in the Dead Rising Demo
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/06/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-dead-rising-demo/

Skyblade
08-07-2006, 05:17 PM
If this is a mall, why do almost all the zombies I've seen in the commercials look male? You'd think most of the zombies would be teenage girls...

Madame Adequate
08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Zombies eat brains.

Yamaneko
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I thought NNN was terrible. No real gameplay whatsoever. At least Dead Rising has you looking at your watch to complete certain events. It adds to great replay value. It's really only worth a rent. There have been no must-buy 360 games this summer.

Shoeberto
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I thought NNN was terrible. No real gameplay whatsoever. At least Dead Rising has you looking at your watch to complete certain events. It adds to great replay value. It's really only worth a rent. There have been no must-buy 360 games this summer.
When are there ever must-buy games during the summer? :p

JKTrix
08-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I dunno, I think Dead Rising is worth at least a rent, not 'only' a rent. When I played the demo at first I got kinda bored, especialy after my weapons broke. All I did the first time around really was beat up on the endless zombies in the starting area.
Then, one of my friends told me about a few other things in the demo ("You have to go all around the place man, go inside the shops") and I really got sucked into it. After I discovered that I could walk on top of the zombies and found out where the Katana and the Golf Clubs were, I was in love with it.

You really have to play it to get it. (http://38.99.15.82/do/blogEntry?bId=7330112&publicUserId=5505049)

Erdrick Holmes
08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm surprised Capcom didn't attach 'Resident Evil' to this title.

Did Capcom's american branch make it or did Japan do this?

JKTrix
08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Japan, as far as I know. It's very much different from ResEvil from what I've played. This one isn't actually designed to be 'scary', and the voice acting in Dead Rising is pretty darn good (comparted to ResEvil's scariness--both presentation and voice acting).

Besides, the fanboys would have probably been upset if this was a Resident Evil title, similar to the general reaction when Wind Waker went Cel shaded.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I just saw on the latest episode of the 1UP Show that, in addition to being able to procure myriad unique weapons from every corner of the mall, you can also go into a juice stand and mix different smoothies that act as power-ups. I love that.

Yamaneko
08-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I saw that too, Kishi. They (Crispin Boyer and Mark MacDonald) seem to enjoy it.

Dreddz
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
It only got an 8.0 on 1up, dosent seem like the game is amazing by any means....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Well, maybe someday you'll learn to pay attention to reviews beyond the big pretty number at the top.

Yamaneko
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
An 8.0 is a good score, if not a really good score.

Dreddz
08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Well, maybe someday you'll learn to pay attention to reviews beyond the big pretty number at the top.

I have read through what features and gameplay elements that will be put in the game, I look at the big pretty number at the top to see if all the gameplay features will be fun and worth my time...

JKTrix
08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I thought you were being sarcastic.

1up takes great care in their 1-10 point review scores, where an 8 actually is a fun game. Not like other companies and their 7-10 range, (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ign-gamespot-review-score-inflation-revealed/) where 7 is a bad score.

The smoothie thing is pretty crazy, I tried it in the demo last night. Spit O' Death!

Dreddz
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Dead Rising will be uncensored in the PAL release, the US release was chopped down ( for reasons I dont know ). This is pretty good news I guess.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66583

JKTrix
08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I think you may have misread a little.

"Capcom has said that Dead Rising will make it to Europe next month intact, with no cuts made to the version that came out in the USA yesterday."

That means it's the same version the US folks get.

I'm eagerly awaiting this game to get to my little country. The store here said they won't get it until Saturday... so I ordered it from Amazon (along with the Halo graphic novel.) Hopefully I'll get it real soon.

JaytodaP
08-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Where is the Katana in the demo you speak of because yay I bought the HDD!

stuffing
08-10-2006, 03:53 AM
This game looks amazing... that is all :mog:

JKTrix
08-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I posted this a little earlier in the thread.

DEAD RISING DEMO FAQ
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/06/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-dead-rising-demo/

The Katana is on the orange canopy right outside the restaurant where you get pies and orange juice on the 2nd floor, where all the plastic chairs are.

-Edit-
Also... LOL Capcom, you're so predictable. The game's not even out for 2 days, and you're already asking folks "Would you buy a sequel?"
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/10/capcom-asks-how-about-dead-rising-2/

Erdrick Holmes
08-11-2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.mycheats.com/media/upload_images/1155240114110.jpg

Unlockable Megaman X costume.

JaytodaP
08-11-2006, 02:54 AM
I went out to buy this at wal mart and k-mart but neither of them had it. I went to the pawn shop and I get the one asshole who knows about the M rating. Screw you parents who failed at parenting there kids who blame video games for there violent aggression even though they never taught them right from wrong...... :mad2: