PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth

Khaotic
08-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Get your taken out already? Still have them? Growing as you type?

Discuss them.

Meat Puppet
08-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Mine still haven't shown.

I Took the Red Pill
08-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Mine still haven't shown.

StarChild
08-05-2006, 06:58 AM
had mine taken out, wasn't fun.

Sylvie
08-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Mine are growing I think.

Khaotic
08-05-2006, 07:03 AM
They suck from what I hear, I can tell mine are growing simply because theres a sharp thing stabbing my gums back there, obviously a tooth underneath the gums, so I did some research and apparently its good to get them taken out before they grow, and right now is the "best time" to get them taken out ._.; not looking forward to that.

Sylvie
08-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Mine are growing, but I don't have any pain from them.

black orb
08-05-2006, 07:11 AM
>>> I never had problems with them, I even have room for more teeth..

Blitz Ace
08-05-2006, 07:12 AM
I HAVE NO WISDOM TEETH!!! i dont know if that makes me stupid or something, but im almost 20, and i got an x-ray recently which showed no signs at all of any wisdom teeth! i guess its a good thing, ive heard many ppl say it is really painful having them removed. :D im lucky

StarChild
08-05-2006, 07:20 AM
I had to go under surgery to get them taken out, so yeah it was painful...but then I started to hallucinate from the pain meds, that was fun

Mattokenzi
08-05-2006, 09:52 AM
I get to keep mine "yay" one of my molars (the back teeth) has a dent in the root which were preventing my wisdom tooth to pull though.
I had to use sleeping gas had a dream about being an X-Men :D woke up and I'm lot aloud use machines for a day...

"Mum can you change the channel?"
"Sorry Mum, I have to use the stairs... Doctor's orders"

Decessus
08-05-2006, 10:02 AM
To the extent of whatever little knowledge I may or may not posess, I am very certain none of teeth have any wisdom.

No, I do not have wisdom teeth.

Roogle
08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I do have wisdom teeth. I will not get them removed.

Rusty
08-05-2006, 10:29 AM
I have no idea if I have my wisdom teeth or not. If I do, then they don't bother me. 'Cause I don't even notice them. If I haven't - then I have no idea if they'll ever show.

Christmas
08-05-2006, 01:09 PM
They are mine and forever will be mine. :bigsmile:

Mythra
08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I had mine taken out the week before last. Not that bad really, you just can't eat a whole lot of things for a few days. They put me under as well, first with laughing gas and then the i-v put me to sleep. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in our van all groggy from the surgery. After that first day though, its not that bad. Especially when they give you extra strength vicodin to stop the pain lol.

Rocket Edge
08-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Haven't gotten them yet fortunatly, my sister is in the process of getting them, and she says its painful. Other than that, my teeth are fine.

Resha
08-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't think I've gotten any. Would they could make me wiser! >:O Useless things.

Madame Adequate
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Mine are coming through currently. Sometimes it hurts, but lately it's been okay. Beats getting them removed.

Incinerator
08-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Mine are just staring to poke through, they don't hurt at all and I can't see how bad taking them out could be. I have weird teeth so I have had four taken out. Are wisdom teeth any different, it's only an injection and a pull.:meditate:

Shoden
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
There's no problems with mine so far, but only one so far has penetrated the gum and one is already right through, niceley in place on my bottom right, the other at the top left sometimes irritates me but the one coming through on the top right irritates me more.

Breine
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
I think I have one that is growing as I'm typing this. It somewhat freaks me out because I heard it can become so painful and that it's not a whole lot of fun getting such a tooth removed :( But, it's not hurting right now - and hopefully won't for a long, long time to come...

crayzee gamr
08-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I had mine taken out at the end of spring break (waste of the end of spring break) this year. It didn't hurt that much to me only, when I tried to eat something. (mybe i'm good against pain:D )

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Mine our coming out...owie..it' hurts...I don't wanna get em pulled out

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Some of mine have come through, others are coming through, and no one is taking out ANY of my teeth!

fallen_angel9000
08-05-2006, 07:31 PM
i havent gotten mine yet, so no pain. i hope it doesnt hurt as bad as they say it does when they start growing:-\...... why do they remove ur wisdom teeth ne ways?????

Flea
08-05-2006, 07:37 PM
My dentist told me that all four are growing. I can only feel three of them so far, though. My dentist was also kind enough to inform me that I'll be needing all of them pulled out... So, I'm now avoiding her, though I was meant to make an appointment a month ago or so..
I don't want her to take my teeth away from me! They are my babies! :)

Yamaneko
08-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I had all of them taken out. They were preventing my molars from coming out all the way.

Miriel
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
My top ones haven't grown in. I don't think they will.

My bottom ones, I didn't expect to remove my bottom ones since I had 4 teeth taken out when I had braces so I wasn't exactly pressed for space. But they started growing in sideways and I had to have them taken out.

I was absolutely terrified. Which is funny because I *know* it's not really painful to remove teeth since I've already had 4 removed. But still, freakin' terrified about the whole thing. I was literally shaking in the dentist's chair. The whole anticipation of it, the worry that the anesthesia wouldn't work, the horrid sound the pulling of teeth makes, uugh. It's a bad bad experience all around.

Especially after you get them pulled and the blood just keeps coming and you have to have gobs of gauze in your mouth. And even after the blood stops your whole mouth is sore for days, even weeks. And even after all that, when everything begins to heal, you have bits of food falling into the gaping holes.

I hate teeth. I hate the dentist.

Del Murder
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I had them out, took a day to recover while eating milkshakes, and then went back to work the next day. It was fun because I couldn't talk so I signed everything.

Yamaneko
08-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I took a few days off from school. I remember after the procedure my mom took me to BK and I got a chocolate milkshake. :D

Zeldy
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't think I have any. Im none the wiser :(

RSL
08-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm 27 and I've never had any taken out. I guess I haven't noticed a problem in my mouth yet.

Owen Macwere
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I have the four of them out (sucks really).
My perants say that I must be the wisest person on the planet, but I don't think I am even as wise as an owl.
they suck when they come out, so painful. :(

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. I fell no pain except for the fact that my 2nd molar on the left bottom side was completely destroyed. If it were not for that I would be saying

"I don't get why everyone complains about wisdom teeth being removed?"

I didn't even need any pain medication...okay so I am bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting you. I know why I don't need pain medication. Because I happen to rule! My wisdom teeth have been in for 4ish years or more so it was just pulling teeth. No going into the jaw and gums to fish them out.

My second molar really is ruined BTW. I don't know if I can be capped or if it will also have to be removed. Either way this is not going to be a fun monday.

Mythra
08-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Just curious to ask if anyone else on here has/had more than four? Kind of weird when they did the x-ray for mine and told me I had five wisdom teeth, guess its not a common thing lol. Just curious

rubah
08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
mine are hiding, and reading miriel's post was a bad idea;.;;;;;;;;

Blu3Ros3LuLu
08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
all 4 of mine are comeing in painfully. :'( i constantly carry pain killers cuz of the headaches/toothaches i was supposed to get them pulled last month :S its so spensive tho! "only" $500 to gas me. :/ ive heard horable things, but i think it would be worth it to stop the pain. :/

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I didn't even realize I had cut them, my dentist told me I had! I only felt what my dentist said must have been them cutting on the 4th one (lower left) but that was it and I never felt it at the back I felt it in my upper right canine tooth for some reason....

Leeza
08-06-2006, 06:14 AM
I had all of mine taken out at one time by a dental surgeon. I didn't feel a thing and was in dreamland all day from the anesthetic. It was rather pleasant actually. :cat:

Btw, any posts that were off topic have been removed.

Khaotic
08-06-2006, 06:37 AM
My top ones haven't grown in. I don't think they will.

My bottom ones, I didn't expect to remove my bottom ones since I had 4 teeth taken out when I had braces so I wasn't exactly pressed for space. But they started growing in sideways and I had to have them taken out.

I was absolutely terrified. Which is funny because I *know* it's not really painful to remove teeth since I've already had 4 removed. But still, freakin' terrified about the whole thing. I was literally shaking in the dentist's chair. The whole anticipation of it, the worry that the anesthesia wouldn't work, the horrid sound the pulling of teeth makes, uugh. It's a bad bad experience all around.

Especially after you get them pulled and the blood just keeps coming and you have to have gobs of gauze in your mouth. And even after the blood stops your whole mouth is sore for days, even weeks. And even after all that, when everything begins to heal, you have bits of food falling into the gaping holes.

I hate teeth. I hate the dentist.

Thank you, that makes me feel so comfortable! /sarcasm :p

Yuffie514
08-06-2006, 08:21 AM
i still have my first one, ever since the middle of September last year. i plan to get it pulled out since it has been causing minor, but recurring tooth sores...

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
They only really hurt if your mouth hasn't got the room to fit them. If you have minor gaps inbetween teeth that your dentist hasn't corrected then your wisdom teeth will correct them as they will push the teeth round to fit the new ones. It hurts but less so that a wisdom tooth cutting without any give room. Also the one to be aware off especially with the upper jaw is that the tooth can grow upwards in to the skull which = teh nastiness

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I finished growing one a couple of years ago...... I'm not sure where the other one is though...... should I be afraid?

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
No you can get anywhere between 0 and 4 wisdom teeth just because you cut one doesn't mean you'll get all 4. It just means your not as wise :P lol.

In all honesty they can take about 5 years to come through and like I said you don't always get 4.

41-Inches-Wide
08-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I got 1 wisdom tooth removed last week. I had a shot of anaesthesia(sp?) so it really wasn't a painful extraction process. But my dentist asked me in the middle of the operation why was I pale, and I said I'm really very hungry, I haven't eaten since breakfast.
So I got lectured since I didn't know that it could seriously weaken the body when you extract a tooth and you haven't eaten.

I had double dutch ice cream afterwards to numb the excruciating pain.

Reine
08-07-2006, 02:39 AM
I have no room for any more teeth, and im 19, so I assume I already have them. Plus nothings come through for many years

Slade
08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I have two of four wisdom teeth.......the other two must have flown away while I wasn't looking.

Yamaneko
08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I had all of mine taken out at one time by a dental surgeon. I didn't feel a thing and was in dreamland all day from the anesthetic. It was rather pleasant actually. :cat:
Yeah, I really liked that. When I woke up I felt really refreshed.

MageLuingil
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I had all mine taken out. It really wasn't that bad, it hurt a bit as the pain killer wore off later that afternoon, but by the next day I was feeling fine. I know other people who've been in pain for a week or more from it though, so I guess it depends on the person.

And Miriel's post certainly puts the worst light on it.

Jojee
08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
I remember posting in a topic just like this..! Oh how time flies :(

I don't have wisdom teeth, and I hope I never will. ^_^ *am very evolved and stuff*

DarkLadyNyara
08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
My top right one is mostly in, and my top left one is just starting to cut through. They don't hurt, it just feels weird. I don't have a problem with spacing.
If there isn't enough room for my bottom ones though, I have a couple of molars I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Although I'd just as soon avoid dentists alltogether. Nothing puts you off dental work like a root canal.

Shlup
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I had mine taken out about four years ago. It was fun 'cause they gave me happy drugs. Yay!

KentaRawr!
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Wisdom Teeth? I have no idea what those are. But my mouth feels perfectly fine, and I am certainly very wise. I don't think I want them taken out.

DarkLadyNyara
08-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Wisdom Teeth? I have no idea what those are. But my mouth feels perfectly fine, and I am certainly very wise. I don't think I want them taken out.

They're your third molars, and they generally emerge during your late teens/early twenties. Most people don't have enough room for them, and that can cause all sorts of unpleasentness. So far, I'm lucky. ;)

Rase
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I had to have mine removed to prepare for my braces about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, they were just starting to emerge from my gums, so I had four gaping holes in my mouth at once. It was rather painful and unpleasant for the next week or so, but the Vicodin SO helped in that area.

CloudDragon
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I had all of mine taken out. I was out for maybe 18 or so hours, and I was ready to go the next day. It was kind of fun taking perks when I didn't need them anymore.

starseeker
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I had my mouth X-rayed by a dentist and she couldn't see any coming through so I'll probably never have them.