PDA

View Full Version : Which FF should I play next?

*~Angel Wing~*
08-05-2006, 07:06 AM
I've already done FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFVII and all the Kingdom Hearts games.

I was thinking of either doing FFIX or FFVI next, so if you could please give me some suggestions, I would really appreciate it. :)

Thanks!!! :jess:

Shiny
08-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Well, I would suggest getting FFIX next since you're really into the new school games like FFVIII. The graphics are great and the battle system will seem more familar to you that way. It's also a very humorous game. However, if you are thinking about getting FFVI, I think you should get FF Anthology which includes FFVI and FFV. It has added CGI movies that look really cool, but the rest of the graphics look extremely old school. Sort of like how Pokemon looks on gameboy color except on a larger screen. So for those reasons I think FFIX would be the best choice here.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah it was basically between FFIX and Anthology, but sadly GameStop is no longer selling used PlayStation games so I'm gonna have to get it online...:( I actually started the 1st few minutes of FFIX cuz we borrowed it from a friend, but the disc was messed up and wouldn't play anymore. :mad:

Thanks for your input!!! :)

Shiny
08-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah it was basically between FFIX and Anthology, but sadly GameStop is no longer selling used PlayStation games so I'm gonna have to get it online...:( I actually started the 1st few minutes of FFIX cuz we borrowed it from a friend, but the disc was messed up and wouldn't play anymore. :mad:

Thanks for your input!!! :)
Eh, I just bought a bunch of used PlayStation games from GameStop. They definately still sell them. It shouldn't be that hard to find FFIX in a close by store. But, Anthology will take some work. It's probably best going on GameStop.com typing in your zip code and then finding what store close by you carrying it instead of going to a store and finding out it's not there before hand. The site will tell you if they have it in stock.

Zeromus_X
08-05-2006, 07:49 AM
I'd get them both. There's no reason you should dislike them, they're both great games.

Well, whatever you pick, hope you enjoy it. :cat:

Rengori
08-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Some Gamestop branches have stopped selling Playstation 1 games, but usually due to a lack of space, so try looking for Gamestops which have larger store areas.

But anyway, I say FFIX because it's more like the other ones you have, and it'll get you better prepared for FFVI.

chronic_Maniac
08-05-2006, 08:08 AM
I think you should go with well it depends on what you like. If you like good graphics then go with FF9. If your really in it because you like the fighting and story line go with FF6.

Maux
08-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Do you clowns, bad graphics, good story, and woo hoo hoo? If so Final Fantasy VI is the way to go.

Do you like narcists, slightly better graphics, ugly old women, jesters, and trying to tell whose female and whose male? If so Final Fantasy IX is the way to go.

Do you like slightly worse graphics, funny names, crystals, and a well done plot that has you flying dragons? If so Final Fantasy V is the way to go.

Do you like well done graphics, a terrific story, interesting original characters, annoying disney characters and Final Fantasy cameos? Is so Kingdom Hearts is right for you.

Actually a better game would be tactics but that's only if you like those type of games, Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of the greatest games you would ever play, but it all depends on your preference.

Sefie1999AD
08-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I would suggest playing FFIX since you've been playing the new school FFs, and I think FFIX could be a good way to get you acquainted with the old-school style, especially if you prefer 3D graphics to 2D and getting used to 2D isn't easy for you. I can't really suggest the PSX remakes of the SNES FFs (4-6) since their loading times are just horrible. If you want to play those FFs, you may way want to try their SNES or GBA versions. FFIV Advance was a great remake of the game, IMHO, and I've heard the GBA versions of FFV and FFVI will also be released quite soon.

Dell
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Download an emulator to play FFI - FFVI, FFMQ and Chrono Trigger.
I also recommend you to get FFIX next, the reason is: *See Sephiroth1999AD reasons*. Plus, FFIX comes with a great story (The only story I enjoy the most and the best story in my opinion), cool gameplay, however, FFIX is not like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX; Zidane is not a whiny protagonist or an emo protagonist. And you can't hope for a challenging game (Bosses HP are lower than 70000) and badass protagonist (Grand Lethal only hit once). But the story itself guaranteed its coolness.

Dreddz
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Go with either IV, V, VI.

silentenigma
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Download an emulator to play FFI - FFVI, FFMQ and Chrono Trigger.

Hambone
08-05-2006, 10:01 PM
V or IX.

Slade
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Yep, V or IX, definatly :)

*~Angel Wing~*
08-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Eh, I just bought a bunch of used PlayStation games from GameStop. They definately still sell them. It shouldn't be that hard to find FFIX in a close by store. But, Anthology will take some work. It's probably best going on GameStop.com typing in your zip code and then finding what store close by you carrying it instead of going to a store and finding out it's not there before hand. The site will tell you if they have it in stock.
Yeah they still have some PlayStation 1 games [not that many], but not any Final Fantasy...:mad: I checked like 6 different GameStops!!! But I will go on their website like you said. Thanks for the tip!!! :jess:

Do you like well done graphics, a terrific story, interesting original characters, annoying disney characters and Final Fantasy cameos? Is so Kingdom Hearts is right for you.
Kingdom Hearts was my 1st RPG!!! :kaohappy2

Oh I love that game...:heart: the 2nd one is awesome too!!! :jess:

Shiny
08-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah they still have some PlayStation 1 games [not that many], but not any Final Fantasy... I checked like 6 different GameStops!!! But I will go on their website like you said. Thanks for the tip!!!

Close by you in atleast three GameStops they have Final Fantasy Anthology and some other Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals (which contains Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy V). Toys r us should have Final Fantasy IX, but I'm not particulary sure of both of those. I checked on the website, but it isn't always guarenteed that it will be there when you get there. :)

Maux
08-06-2006, 08:26 PM
If anyone has heard of gamecrazy you can often get playstation FF games there as well. If you really have to chose between VI and IX, I would chose IX, it has a good story and better graphics.

SuperNatural
08-07-2006, 08:41 PM
You can't call yourself a FF fan untill you play Final Fantasy VI.

Breine
08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Out of those two I'd suggest Final Fantasy IX, just because it's part of the newer Final Fantasies and more like the games you already know - but at the same time it would probably help you get into some of the things that the old FF's had going on because FFIX was made as a tribute to the older games in the series.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 03:49 AM
IX (my personal favorite)

*~Angel Wing~*
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Close by you in atleast three GameStops they have Final Fantasy Anthology and some other Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals (which contains Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy V). Toys r us should have Final Fantasy IX, but I'm not particulary sure of both of those. I checked on the website, but it isn't always guarenteed that it will be there when you get there. :)
Yeah thanks for PMing me the info, I really appreciate it!!! :jess: I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

I guess I'm gonna play Dirge Of Cerberus too considering it comes out next week...:rolleyes2

McLovin'
08-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Try 9.

Shiny
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah thanks for PMing me the info, I really appreciate it!!! I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

I guess I'm gonna play Dirge Of Cerberus too considering it comes out next week...
You are very welcome. Good luck finding it and yeah I'm going pick Dirge up too. :D

Sefie1999AD
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
You can't call yourself a FF fan untill you play Final Fantasy VI III. For NES. Twice. Naked.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D Seriously though, I wonder why I didn't mention FFIII DS on my previous post. That one's 3D and also old-school, so just like FFIX, I think fans of the newer FF generations might enjoy playing it. If you have a DS, be sure to give FFIII DS a chance when it comes out in a few months. :)

Marluxiaswife
08-11-2006, 07:54 AM
FF1-FFX-2

Rengori
08-11-2006, 07:55 AM
FF1-FFX-2IX
Fixed.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Wow, GameStop seriously needs to update their site more often, cuz I called up all of the stores in my area that said they had FFIX and Anthology, and none had FFIX and only 1 store had 1 Anthology left. :mad: So my sister and I annoyed our Mom until she told them to reserve it for us, and brought us to the mall with the GameStop that had it. :D Then on the way home we got stuck in traffic, and it took us and hour longer to get home then it actually should have. :mad:

BUT, Anthology was in PERFECT condition!!! :jess: It said it was used, but the discs and booklet looked brand new!!! :D lol I think we got the last one in the whole county. :p

So I'm gonna try to get FFIX online.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
You are very welcome. Good luck finding it and yeah I'm going pick Dirge up too. :D
Yeah it looks really cool!!! :jess: