PDA

View Full Version : How did Cloud...?

Kain_Highwind
08-05-2006, 08:34 AM
This has been bothering me for a while. At the end of the whole "Crap, just who am I exactly?" sequence, Cloud stabs Sephiroth. Then Seph trudges out into the reactor entrance. Cloud follows, gets at least 6 feet of solid steel straight through his chest, and gets lifted off the ground. How exactly does he manage to lower himself back down and then proceed to "toss" Sephiroth into the Lifestream, and survive the whole thing? And don't say, "but Sephiroth was weak from getting stabbed lol," because Seph was clearly much, much, much stronger than Cloud at the time. Which one do you think is going to retain more strength after they both receive gaping holes in their respective chests? And that still doesn't explain how what Cloud does is physically possible.

Fonzie
08-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Adrenline rush from being stabbed, he got pumped up and used pretty much all of his energy in doing this.

Ryushikaze
08-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Because it didn't happen that way.
Last Order is how it happened, and he actually pulled hisself along the sword. Gave Sephy one hell of a WTF moment.

Kain_Highwind
08-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Between the adrenaline rush and the pulling himself down through the sword, I guess the first part makes sense. But how does he survive? Does the FF world have some kind of Phoenix Down ER?

Aralith
08-05-2006, 09:32 AM
No. After the Nibelheim Incident, all victims that remained alive were taken to Hojo's lab and had tests performed on them (all except for Tifa I believe). Hojo's people probably saved him. After all, they were doctors of lab science. I'm sure they would know how to treat a wound like that, even if it was a rather damaging one.

Kain_Highwind
08-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, Shinra Mansion ER. You're right, I forgot. And I think Zangan rescued Tifa, although I'm not positive. Anyway, question answered I suppose.

Comet
08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
and anyway in battles when you get stabbed you dont neccerserily die depending on your HP

Mirage
08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Cutscenes and battles cannot be compared. Not in any game.

cloudbuster7
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ahaha well yeah the shinra thing makes since. but the real reason, its a video game. haha

Dragon Mage
08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
You know, I thought that in addition to the adrenaline rush, Cloud just got fed up with being pushed around and said to him self "Screw this, I going to kick a*s for once"
: and he did. And, keeping in mind that the game is fantasy, if he had died then what would happen to the story line? You wouldn't have one. So even if the adrenaline rush thing doesn't work the fact that Cloud needed to survive to have a story is a good reason to. :)

(this just came to me all of the sudden and I meant this as a joke. Hope no one takes any offense)