PDA

View Full Version : killin dark yojimbo

tidus123456789
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
i think dark yojimbo is so hard to kill can anyone give me tips i can kill the first form but i cant kill the rest

Shin Gouken
08-05-2006, 06:45 PM
ive killed him a few times just to harness his ribbon holding items he drops but i havn't beat him all five times yet.

Have stoneproof armour on everyone. I would ignore hp break limit and simpley cast auto life for when he kills you... then you dont have to worry about his other status's. (unless you have ribbon then fire away) If you arent using break hp limit and ribbon then sos haste will work as good as auto haste as you will always have low HP. Summon aeons when his Overdrive bar fills coz that kills you even with auto-life (instant death no matter what) He has a high evasion rate so either double cast flare (ultima takes far too long) or set your overdrive mode to comrade/ally (i forget) ... the one that makes your gauge fill when other players take damage. So after a hit from wakazashi (or whatever) your party will be auto-lifed (giving you haste) and instant overdrives for all three party members. I dunno what else to say other than this

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
if ur using this comrade method, auto-phoenix is also a good idea, however this will tkae up a slot on ur armour, and isn't the best technique. if ur finding him difficult chances are (i know u dont wanna hear it) ur stats need improving. :D if they're in the 200's u shud be ok, if theyre maxed then u won't hav much of a problem and will probably find the battle fun!

to get over his evasion, u cud also cast aim a couple of times. this has an effect even if ur stats r maxed.

Shin Gouken
08-05-2006, 10:23 PM
if ur using this comrade method, auto-phoenix is also a good idea, however this will tkae up a slot on ur armour, and isn't the best technique. if ur finding him difficult chances are (i know u dont wanna hear it) ur stats need improving. :D if they're in the 200's u shud be ok, if theyre maxed then u won't hav much of a problem and will probably find the battle fun!

to get over his evasion, u cud also cast aim a couple of times. this has an effect even if ur stats r maxed.

Aim didn't work for me after i cast it a dozen times o_0 his evasion is max

And to add a note to auto pheonix... if you don't want the hassle of gaining more mega-pheonix's to customize auto-pheonix into all new armour specific for this battle... learn Quick pockets which will let you use an item (pheonix down in this case) and bring one of your turns forward into the current round

Rockyvu
08-07-2006, 03:56 AM
What the other says. Plus if you don't have high luck stats and tend to miss, you might want to use the "LUCK" and or "AIM" spell 5 to 8 times before attacking.
The idea armor would be:
Break HP Limit
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Ribbon

Psydekick
08-07-2006, 09:30 AM
What are your stats like? Is it just that he is to strong?

Shin Gouken
08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
By the time you have casted aim/luck 8 times you could have cast 16 spells with doublecast o_0

Rockyvu
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
And how much damage does Ultima do to him at 255 magic stats? lolz

Psydekick
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
About 50000 i would have thought, his Magic Defence is good

Blitz Ace
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
ATTACK REELS... that is all you need to know...

well, actually, there is a bit more, but the method i used to kill him was pretty simple, have someone crap with crap defence in there to quickly build up overdrives. then use entrust and give em all to wakka. each hit i think did like 20 000 - 25000, so thats about 250 000 per limit. continue this until you kill him. you will have to rely on your weak character to get you quick overdrives, and then keep reviving them with auto-phoenix. dont forget to put the aeons in when you need to avoid zanmato...

it is pretty hard to beat him 5 times in a row... took me about 5 tries to do it.

Shin Gouken
08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
50,000 with a max magic stat. But thats six times in a turn so its better then castin aim 8 times then still missing occasionally anyway. Not to mention having to cast aim again when someone dies.

Blitz ace has the right idea. I didn't have attack reels but relying on overdrives is still a very good idea. Overdrives if performed correctly will hit 99,999HP and never miss and against someone like Yojimbo you can have an over-drive everyturn

Helios
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
You think it's hard to beat him 5 times? Try beating him, altogether, about 13 times, having lost a few times inbetween the fights (mainly the 3rd battle), then beating him past 3rd time and missing him on the fourth time because he hides, I swear i almost lost my will to play the game.

Yew-Yevon
08-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I just gave Rikku's amor Auto-Med. plus wakka, Yuna and tidus all have a strength stat of 105-110