PDA

View Full Version : are cloud and tifa married?

cloudbuster7
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
are they? because in the seen when they are both in the beds, she says "we can fight this together, or only real familys do that"
or somthing.

Dragon Mage
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Wasn't there already a thread about this? Hmmmmmm. Oh well.

The general opinion was that Cloud a Tifa are not married or engaged. However, it is thought that they were very close and marriage seemed to be on the horizon until Cloud started having guilt problems and isolated himself from every one else. (for some reason this did not surprise me in the least.)
There was a story called Case of Tifa that went in depth of this problem and described what happend after the game and before the movie. Unfortunately, I do not know where this Case of Tifa (CoT) is. Try searching for it on Google.
There was much debate on the fact that Tifa was wearing Cloud's ring and which hand it was on, but I think that one cannont draw much of a conclusion from this. It's a small bit of evidence and could mean anything.
As for what Tifa said in the movie, as you have described, please notice that there seemed to be a makeshift 'family' including Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel. (Denzel, I do not entirely undersand how he got there. He's a wild card and there isn't much of an explaination about him.) It wasn't a true family but everyone more or less acted as part of a family. But it was an illusion of a family. (Like Cloud needed any more illusions in his life. lol)
Anyways, Tifa was trying to use a 'family' thing to motivate Cloud, but since they're not a family, it didn't work. Thus why she said, "I guess you have to be a real family for that to work." (that's roughly what she said. I haven't seen the movie recently, so pardon for any mistake.)
I believe that if Cloud ever asked the question Tifa would have no objections. But he hasn't. Not yet. Hope this helps you out.

Toodleena
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Is this what you mean by Case of Tifa? I found this when I googled what you said (http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/case_of_tifa.php), and I'd actually never heard of that whole theory thing before, and it was quite interesting... Thanks.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Maybe they are, maybe not. I always thought that they weren't. There's another one of these thread you should probably read it, has lots of questions you want answered.

Here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83938)

Dragon Mage
08-06-2006, 02:13 AM
You're welcome, Toodleena. :)
And yes that is indeed the Case of Tifa.
And ff7+ff10 gurl 100, that was the thread I mentioned earlier! Where was it?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-06-2006, 02:32 AM
Well, I searched for it :) And I found it!

kikimm
08-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Yeah, that thread.