PDA

View Full Version : Your recommended pocket MP3 player?

Vincent, Thunder God
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Recently I've been thinking about buying a good MP3 player for rides to and from school. I'm looking for something with a lot of space (a few gigabytes at least) and good quality, but also as low a price as possible. If you can put a price to it in Canadian money, all the better, but American is OK too. What is your suggestion?

Yamaneko
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ETTFRG/sr=8-2/qid=1154805441/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-7057518-4960152?ie=UTF8">As an alternative to the iPod Nano.</a>

I've heard great things about it.

Fuego
08-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I've heard great things about it. I have too and Want one sooo bad !!!!!

-N-
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I have a 30 GB video iPod and it hasn't given me any troubles. I presume the iPod nano would be similarly easy to use. In fact, the nano would be better because it has no moving parts (no hard disk, in essence). People get in a fuss over iPods a lot these days, but I think its just because they're market leaders.

Roto13
08-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Or because they're ridiculously poor quality, as far as hardware goes. A particle of dust shouldn't scratch an mp3 player.

Breine
08-05-2006, 11:42 PM
As far as I know iPod is the way to go... or at least that's what my friends tell me. To be honest I've considered getting my own, but I'll probably just go out and buy myself a new discman - I'm kinda old school in that way.

Dr Unne
08-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Or because they're ridiculously poor quality, as far as hardware goes.

And overpriced.

I'd recommend also avoiding anything made by Creative. I have one (Muvo^2) and I haven't had the best experience with the company, though the MP3 player itself still works pretty well now over a year after I bought it. But it took me a while to get one that wasn't defective. And the one I have is still a bit crazy at times.

Yamaneko
08-06-2006, 06:04 AM
I have a Zen Micro. I've had to send it in for RMA once because the headphone jack got seperated from the logic board. They gave me a brand new 6GB model which was nice, but their turn around time is terrible. Took a month to get it back.

Apple's mp3 players aren't poor quality any more than Creative or SanDisk mp3 players and theyre priced pretty competitively. My brother's 30GB 5G iPod has had no problems despite the fact he abuses it on a daily basis. My big gripe with Apple's mp3 players is that they don't have user-replacable batteries.

DynasticJam
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I can't stand these Ipods, I mean I love music, but I don't need thousands of songs toi listen to when I'm just going to school. I just have a 260MB MP3 player, and that suits me just fine, and even that has enough songs to last a lifetime on.

Psydekick
08-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I really cannot understand why you would actually need like 30GB on an ipod, think about it can you really think of that many songs you like?, i struggle to fill my 512 MB mp3 so itd probably be wasting space and money.

A 4GB nano is probably the best option though, even if it does seem rather over priced:(

Miriel
08-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I have 30gigs because I have a video ipod and I can store movies and whatnot on it in addition to just music. So yeah, 30 gigs can get filled up pretty quickly.

Thorn
08-06-2006, 11:59 AM
I got an Ipod Shuffle. Just hang it around the 'ol neck. For one of the larger Ipods, why don't you wear a plastic bag under your jumper and put the bag handles around your neck.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6016/ipdlq5.png

Only problem is that acsess to the Ipod might be a tad difficult.

Lol.

-N-
08-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow, that's original.

An iPod will fit just fine into your pocket. And yeah, if you don't need much space, then of course don't get any of the high end mp3 players. A 256 MB will work just fine. But this dude's looking for a few GB.

I bet if you can find an old used Mini that would be mad cheap.