Spammerman
08-05-2006, 10:34 PM
is any1 here prone to ear issues?

-N-
08-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Could you repeat that please?

Spammerman
08-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Does any1 here get ear problems more than others. for example. Ive had to get tubes in my ears every couple of years because i would get a really bad infection or something like that.

Rye
08-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Depends on what. When I was young, I had a problem with my ears that they got excrutiating ear-aches often, especially if I got water into my ears, because the insides of my ear were too small. I had to get an operation where these tiny plastic tubes were put into my ears for a few years to enlarge the insides. They got taken out when I was 8 and though I still am prone to ear-aches more than most people, especially in the water and in the cold, it's not nearly as bad. :)

Spammerman
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
thats what i mean./

Psychotic
08-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Soon after being born, I suffered a perforated ear drum. Doctors told my parents for many years to come that I would and should be deaf, which turned out to be nonsense. I had to keep going back for checks, and at one point I had my ears syringed.

Last month I lost 90% of my hearing in my right ear, for some unknown reason, but ear drops cleared that problem up.

And that's the medical history of my ears. I hope you all enjoyed it! Look out for the sequel: The medical history of my nose.

Acid Raine
08-05-2006, 10:41 PM
uh oh. Psy's getting ready to go into stories of his plastic surgeries............

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Well...When i was about 5 my ear canal was to small so i had to have like a surgery-They had to dig stuff out! owchie!! never had tubes in my ear,though

Breine
08-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I often get ear-aches after swimming in pools, which is really annoying... and it's always in the same ear. Actually I have it right now, but thankfully it's getting much better.

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Also...if i get into a pool and i stay underwater too long...My ears are clogged with water and it hurts and stays there for about 5 days!

edczxcvbnm
08-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I have had tubes put in when I was way younger and last year I had to have my ear drum reparied.

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Well...i only have about 78% of my hearing in my right ear-they say they can't find why..but i can hear fine..

rubah
08-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I used to get killer earaches when I was little, and my parents thought about putting tubes in them, but they didn't. And i don't many earaches any more.

But my ears clearly aren't good at draining, and they have a terrible sort of symbiosis with the rest of my sinuses.

When I was little, I also had gobs of earwax in my ears. I went to the doctor once, and they vibrated it out with warm water, until there was a huge piece in a little tupperware bowl :(

Alive-Cat
08-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Small men have taken to living in there. I should get it checked out, but whenever I try to make an appointment, the men scream in my ear so I cannot hear the person on the other end of the phone. :mad2:

Chaos
08-05-2006, 11:27 PM
When I was about 8 I had a really bad cold and I refused to blow my nose because I didnt like doing it.

My tubes, nasal passages and whatnot became filled with so much snot and gunk that my inner ear burst because of the pressure of all this stuff backlogging in my tubes. It hurt like blazes. I remember we were trying to watch a film as a family and I kept screaming in pain because it felt like someone was stabbing me in the head.
I think my inner ear burst in my sleep because when I woke up my ear was stuck to my pillow with yellow gunk and my pillow was covered in it. I had immense fun picking all the gunk off my ear, and it was good because my ear no longer hurt.

It taught me to always blow your nose when you have a cold.

Yum! :D

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 11:30 PM
When I was about 8 I had a really bad cold and I refused to blow my nose because I didnt like doing it.

My tubes, nasal passages and whatnot became filled with so much snot and gunk that my inner ear burst because of the pressure of all this stuff backlogging in my tubes. It hurt like blazes. I remember we were trying to watch a film as a family and I kept screaming in pain because it felt like someone was stabbing me in the head.
I think my inner ear burst in my sleep because when I woke up my ear was stuck to my pillow with yellow gunk and my pillow was covered in it. I had immense fun picking all the gunk off my ear, and it was good because my ear no longer hurt.

It taught me to always blow your nose when you have a cold.

Yum! :D
gross....

Chaos
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Lets just say I always blow my nose now...

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Lets just say I always blow my nose now...
Ok...sexy....

Alive-Cat
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I see you have a fétish.

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 11:45 PM
nah....EWWW....Not like that..I just think she is HOT-in real life...NOT a fetish

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 12:19 AM
I got severe ear problems, I was born with perforated ear drums which due to my young age (or so my doctor believes) managed to heal up pretty well and now is actually a bit thicker than it should be and thus doesn't drain properly when I get a build up of fluid on them. I also have the fact that my doctor predicts I will eventually go deaf completely and to cap that off they can't predict as to when I can possibly go deaf tommorrow or in 10 minutes time or live my natural life with perfect hearing and die before it ever happens, no one knows. Obviously I am hoping for the latter there.

As a kid I used to be damn near constantly down my doctors for earaches and the like and if it wasn't banana flavoured antibiotics it was a minty fluid that would drain the fluid build ups. Eventually they fitted Grommets in my ears in an operation where they had to knock me out TWICE (I was in there so long I was waking up from my anaesetic and they had to use another on me) they lasted until some fat kid in my school belly flopped on my head a few years later but my earaches aren't so bad now. Although fluid build up can make me almost deaf and some days my ears play up something chronic making me shout all the time.

NeoTifa
08-06-2006, 12:24 AM
i was supposed to get tubes in my ears because of ear infections.

i heard that midgets get more ear problems than most people because they are so small. most midgets are mostly def

Cloudstrife4003
08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
i was supposed to get tubes in my ears because of ear infections.

i heard that midgets get more ear problems than most people because they are so small. most midgets are mostly def
Frikky..

Craig
08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Apparently my earlobes don't dangle enough.

Dreddz
08-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Nothing a lego lightsaber cant sort out...

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 12:46 AM
hmm using the term "midgets" is likely to upset someone since the correct term is Dwarf or Little people. The actual condition is called Dwarfism so I tend towards that. I won't go too off topic with stuff I learnt from CSI about Dwarfism but there's two types of the condition too.

NeoTifa
08-06-2006, 12:48 AM
really? i dunno. i rarely watch tv, but it was some trading wives show my mum was watching

Meat Puppet
08-06-2006, 12:51 AM
I had an ear infection when I was 7. It made pus flow from my ear. I usually had dried pus caking my cheek and I kind of looked like a gremlin. It lasted about 6 weeks, give or take.

That's the only trouble I've ever had with my ears. I do my best to look after my ears.

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Hmm...My first ear infection was probaly when I was in third grade which was THE WORST, Then I got it again the next year but instead of just plain water it was blood...and yeah i was healed

Roto13
08-06-2006, 01:03 AM
My brother's ears used to gush blood at random.

I'm not kidding.

Rye
08-06-2006, 01:07 AM
When I was 9, my ears randomly started to gush blood in school, it was really scary. I had to go to the emergency room. ;__;

NeoTifa
08-06-2006, 01:07 AM
thats,........ uhhhhhh...... not normal. i get ear infections like its nothing. i get sick easily. i just had one a week ago. i get them so often, they arent even that bad anymore. they just make the side of my head hot and swollen and makes me sick and puke and it hurts really bad. i average about 3 or 4 a month in winter :P

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 02:45 AM
There was some kind of Myth in China, hat if you point to the moon, your ear gets a lil cut. My sister did it once AND IT ACTUALLY GOT A CUT!!:eek: it really scared me, and the cut never stopped until 4 years later

Madame Adequate
08-06-2006, 03:15 AM
I am very glad, reading this thread, that I have never had a problem with my ears of greater severity than a little pain during a cold.

Elite Lord Sigma
08-07-2006, 03:40 AM
I get few ear infections. Unfortunatlely, I'm dealing with one right now, and the feeling is comparable to being strapped barebacked to a leather seat in a car with the windows rolled up, no air conditioning, nothing to drink, and having your head in a vice while being kneed in the groin repeatedly.

lovehurts
08-07-2006, 03:43 AM
I have bad wax build up. I wont go into the details at the doctor's office....

Sylvie
08-07-2006, 03:45 AM
I had an ear infection when I was little. It was from swimming. It was terrible.

Shoden
08-07-2006, 03:54 AM
When I was younger I had to have these things called grommits put in my ears 2 times, I can hear fine though, it's understanding which is my problem.

Xaven
08-07-2006, 04:27 AM
I'm not exactly immune to ear infections. Right around Christmas of '05, I had a terrible ear infection in my right ear. When it first sprung up at my uncle's house, it was a terribly accute pain, and I wanted to cry. It sounded as if it was filled with water for 2 or 3 weeks, which sucked. That was during the band trip to San Diego for a week, and it didn't quite uncomplicate things. ...Stupid ear.

I had a couple ear infections when I was younger too. Not fun. :3

Spammerman
08-07-2006, 04:31 AM
I had an ear infection when I was little. It was from swimming. It was terrible.

thats called swimmers ear. the fluid in the ear doesntdrain causing bacteria to grow in the fluid, which eats away at the thin layer that protect the inner ear.

Faris
08-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I had swimmer's ear once.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Nope. My ears have always been great. I keep them very clean and such.

One thing I do fear though is cauliflower ear. Especially because I am a wrestler at my high school. Blegh. Not a good thing to have.