PDA

View Full Version : Who was happy when Aeris won three gold medals for gymnastics at the 1984 Olympics?

Goldenboko
08-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I have to ask this because I personally laughed and was so happy when Aeris died... I hated her. Anyone else or am I just evil.

Cloudstrife4003
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
You r just evil...

eragon1
08-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I wasn't laughing...

Meat Puppet
08-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Somebody spoiled her death for me. By the time Aeris actually died, I had already gone through all the emotions; her death had no affect on me.

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
You You You You You You AR A HEARTLESS BAS****!!!!...Nows thats off my chest, Aeris was weak BUT she was nice...She actually prays...

Psychotic
08-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I wasn't happy about it, but that's not to say it upset me either. I was apathetic.

Maux
08-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I have to ask this because I personally laughed and was so happy when Aeris died... I d her. Anyone else or am I just evil.

You're not evil, you don't want to create an army of giant flightless birds to take over the world...uh...nope.

I personally did laugh, but it was a mix between a cry and a laugh. I had just spent a ton of time leveling her up and then in comes Sephiroth and bang a ton wasted time. I laughed my head off, oh the irony. Aeris had an interesting character, who was both annoying and likeable. Odd combination. Once I knew the whole story I was actually happy she died, in a way it was better for her. She was reunited with a lost love(Zack). 'What a nice way to die.'

Dragon Mage
08-06-2006, 01:47 AM
I laughed when she died and cheered for Sephiroth! (No wait, that was actually the 2nd time I played the game I actually cheered. But I cheered nonetheless.) I would have to agree with Maux here; she was annoying but she did have a few good things about her. *cough*limitbreaks*cough* But that was it. Her constant flirting made me want to punch her. The tart. I grew a dislike to her very quickly. Every time I hear 'Aeris music' my eye starts twitching uncontrollably. When there was a sudden loud bout of 'Aeris music' in the movie, I nearly screamed. So, yeah, you're not alone Goldenboco. :)

You You You You You You AR A HEARTLESS BAS****!!!!
Whoa, the CD was stuck there for a minute. Just because he didn't love Aeris doesn't mean you have the right to go using language like that. Tone it down a bit and rant in a constructive way, okay Vaincast? Thank you.

Shiny
08-06-2006, 02:00 AM
It was meant to be a sad scene and indeed it was. Eventhough I wasn't that found of her it made me sad to see her go.

cloud-freak21
08-06-2006, 02:44 AM
i was soooooooooooooooooooo happy happy happy happy HAPPY thats all i can say bout her she needed to go and she not have ben part of the movie

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxxSXHFpgkc
After his lil video it kinda made me a lil emoional...well not the first time but its good, I think you should see it and regret what you said...for all the people who hated her. If ya don't then you REALLY hate her

Thorn
08-06-2006, 03:02 AM
When I first saw her death, I was only watching my brother play. So naturally I couldnt get that upset. Later playing it again, I found it pretty sad.

Particularly when he lowers her into the water.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxxSXHFpgkc
After his lil video it kinda made me a lil emoional...well not the first time but its good, I think you should see it and regret what you said...for all the people who hated her. If ya don't then you REALLY hate her

Nope still hating her... I stopped watching as soon as she got stabbed (YAY).
I think the music was incredible well done...
but that doesn't make me like the character, just her awesome music.

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah, the music was always soothing for me..but aren't you supposed to float instead of sink when you go in the water lightly?

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Yeah, the music was always soothing for me..but aren't you supposed to float instead of sink when you go in the water lightly?
Oh my god, your right! Square messed up! Ha...
I know it was for Drama but still...

Dell
08-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Yes, I laughed so hard that my stomach is breaking!!! It was very very very very very very very very very funny

Slade
08-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I had it spoiled by a friend. But it was still a pretty sad part in the game, not as shocking as it would have been for me if not for my friend, but hey.

Christmas
08-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I AM NEVER HAPPY.

Sefie1999AD
08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I rarely laugh at anyone's death in video games, unless it happens in a very comical way, such as when Palmer was hit by a truck (he didn't die, though) or when the Turks finished off Don Corneo in Wutai. I thought Aeris' death was quite a sad one, though, especially with the music. I can't see anything overly funny in her death scene.

Alive-Cat
08-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I wasn't happy about it. The character never really apealed to me, and I certainly don't have the energy to hate a video game character because of the way Square wanted her to be.
Her death didn't really effect me.
Well, it SURPRISED me. I think I was eight at the time. It took me two years to get to that point in the game. I was clueless. :bigsmile:

Dreddz
08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Hours of training, FOR NOTHING !
I was pissed for sure....

Peter_20
08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
I cried a lot, because Great Gospel rocked. :mad:

Twilight Edge
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I was angry at that moment because I wanted to see much more of her.:mad2:

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone who hasn't played through the first disc is going to be extremely pissed now. Way to go with your lovely choice of a thread title.

Anyway, I wasn't happy, though I do find character deaths humorous after seeing them the first time. It was a tad emotional the first time, though I had already had it spoiled for me.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Whoops! Oh well I think most of the people that come to this site knows she's dead...

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah, well, there's bound to be someone out there who hasn't played to that part in the story yet. Just keep it in mind for the future.

Although I'd hazard a guess that numerous people have had it spoiled for them before it happens, regardless.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Is there a way for me to change the title of my thread?

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 05:37 PM
No, the mods think that the game is too old and that you can delibrately spoil the game for others anyway. Not saying you're doing that on purpose, but just so you know.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Theres not darn I don't want to ruin anyones time playing the game so noone ever post in this again so it won't be near the top of the page anymore.

sephirothishere
08-06-2006, 06:27 PM
okokok....just one more thing...the scene is pretty cool cuz sephiroth flies down and stabs her and looks cool and evil.....i took loadsa screenshots of sephiroth flying down,sword poised....anyone else like that.....great gospel was a sweet limit break...other than that i was indifferent....i thought i was sadder when cait sith was jumpin around in the temple of the ancients bout to be crushed.....he kept talking and saying all these things that made you sad...... :'!.... i took lots of screenshots of that too....hheheheheheheheheheh

Fleacy
08-06-2006, 06:42 PM
The first time I saw her die I was sad. As I progressed through the game I started to not really like her for some reason. So now when I see her die I feel kinda' neutral. I don't really care now:p

Shadow Masamune
08-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I was sad. Though, she did suck in battle; I was still sad to see her go. Cloud and Aeris were going to fall in love, it was going to be beautiful, then Sephiroth took it all away.

I think I was the sadest though when Alys died in Phantasy Star 4, then again I was 11 when played that game and was much more sensitive. lol

Speaking of, "heartless bastards," my best friend had a Buddy icon with Aeris getting stabbed by Sephiroth and the text saying, "PWNED!" It was pretty bad.

Disco Potato
08-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I knew that she was gonna die before I started playing the game, so initially I wasn't happy per se, but more relieved that I wouldn't have to spend time leveling her up and buying her armor and stuff :p. But when Cloud put her in the water I did feel kinda sad.

Hell_Vangaurd
08-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I was laughing like a crazy person until I realized that my white mage was gone... Then I was a but depressed at that until I appointed Vincent as the white mage!

f f freak
08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
I laughed my head off. Come on there wasn't even any blood. I remember thinking just use a phoenix down she'll be fine.

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Heh that reminds me of this:

http://vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=176

BustaMo
08-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I didn't laugh, I was just like..."Oh, ok" and moved on in the story.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I love that comic strip!
You beat me to posting it!

Aralith
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I knew it was going to happen, and still I insisted on leveling her up and crap. Don't know why but I really liked Aerith's character, so she was in the group whenever I had the chance to put her in there. And yet, I still shed tears when I saw that scene. It's been close to a year since I first saw that scene (yeah, I played VII a long time after it came out) and I still find her death sad. However, I can laugh at things such as the fact that a pheonix down would have probably worked, at how she sank in the water, and how Cloud was standing in the water when he let her go, yet in the next shot of her falling underwater, there is no such land that he could stand on. I don't laugh at the her death, per se, just when little jokes are made about it and the like. Her death is still a very tragic thing.

Kefka_Almighty
08-07-2006, 01:14 AM
I didn't laugh, and I honestly think I would have been sad if the game hadn't been ruined completely and utterly for me by the time I played it.

Crossblades
08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I didn't care that she died. She's only a video game character

Bolivar
08-07-2006, 05:06 AM
I'm playin through 6 today, and just got at the opera scene, when at the end, Setzer jumps down towards Celes, I was like "Watchout, B*tch!!!" then realized it wasn't Sephiroth.

Like most people, I had already known about it before playing the game. I wonder what the experience would have been like if I didn't.

It was sad, but i looked at it more as a great scene in gaming.

lovehurts
08-07-2006, 05:14 AM
I was a little sad yes I wanted to kill the bad guy,sephiroth (whatever) more though so I was enjoyed by the idea because it made the game more interesting and it gave me a more personal anger and connection towards the villian of the game. I trained hard for her though but atleast my other characters stayed strong from that training.

Nominus Experse
08-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I was more concerned about the materia I had equiped Aerith than that of herself - take that as you will.

Dragon Mage
08-07-2006, 07:10 PM
I was sad. Though, she did suck in battle; I was still sad to see her go. Cloud and Aeris were going to fall in love, it was going to be beautiful, then Sephiroth took it all away.

Man, just drop it okay? I mean it. Cloud never was going to fall in love with her and it was never meant to be, unless the creators say otherwise. Anyways this is off the topic. I'm sorry but when people say this it really pisses me off. Just..let..it..GO!

When Aeris died the only thing I thought was "Crap. There goes the party's healer. Great. " and that was it. Well, that and I was eager to see Cloud kick Sephiroth's happy a$$. But he didn't. dang.

Hambone
08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh I forund a picture of Aeris in her Gymnastics uniform.

http://www.illusioncostumes.com/illusion/products/custom_gymnastics/img/custom_gymnastics.jpg

cloud_doll
08-08-2006, 12:29 AM
i think the scene was emotional. but i didnt care about aeris. i was glad she died, cuz im a fan of cloud and tifa and aeris just got in the way. also i never used her, i thought she sucked.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I was not happy when Aeris died. I was upset.:( :cry:

-N-
08-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I never saw the 1984 Olympics.

lovehurts
08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
AEris was a real champion , you could tell that she was going to win . She was a hard opponent to beat and no one could beat her. She had the mark of a true champion. I knew she would win, now how about some terra rap!?

YAH my name is terra....

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I laughed. not that i didn't like her, but it just looked funny. also it was spoiled for me :P

Dr. Acula
08-12-2006, 08:47 AM
When I first saw her death, I was only watching my brother play. So naturally I couldnt get that upset. Later playing it again, I found it pretty sad.

Particularly when he lowers her into the water.

Yeah, I was watching my brother play too.
PS: Goldenboco, nice thread name!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I still think he should have decapitate her...

sephirothishere
08-12-2006, 11:59 AM
....decapitate...nahhhh....he kicked her ass in a cool way....if he decapitated her it wouldve been like "OMG, i cant believe he decapitated her"but nobody wouldve been sad if that happened....
and phoenix downs only work if your KO'd (knocked out)
it was an emotional scene....but i am indifferent to almost everything that happens...real world or other...

Psychotic
08-22-2006, 01:23 AM
She only won because the commies didn't take part.

boys from the dwarf
08-22-2006, 08:15 AM
no. it was a great scene and sephiroths heartlessness is great. its one of my favourite scenes on the game but i didnt want aeris killed off.

G SpOtZ
08-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I was kind of hoping he'd lose control of his little fall towards Aeris, land wierd, hurt his ankle slightly, he'd cry about it, and Aerish would bash his head in with a staff.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Somebody spoiled her death for me. By the time Aeris actually died, I had already gone through all the emotions; her death had no affect on me. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=7309)

vivi the master
08-22-2006, 10:14 PM
i for one already knew about it so i was like when is it going to happen

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-22-2006, 10:42 PM
awwww u guys are softys i know u wanna cry so u act like ur so tough and have no emootions i mean for some to cry that ok some to be ok thats fine but to laugh out loud and act like u have no feelings sounds non human but if it makes u laugh fine but i think ur crying inside

Goldenboko
08-22-2006, 10:48 PM
awwww u guys are softys i know u wanna cry so u act like ur so tough and have no emootions i mean for some to cry that ok some to be ok thats fine but to laugh out loud and act like u have no feelings sounds non human but if it makes u laugh fine but i think ur crying inside

No... I hated her as a character!
(Although I did find it funny when she beat up Sephiroth in the Chocobo Tribute http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/58184 )
But otherwise I hated her and I found it great that they killed her off!
Yay! YOU ARE PWNED ARERIS! YOU ARE PWNED!

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-23-2006, 12:26 AM
let just say this

u get stabed in the back
and all ur family members
laugh at u and said u couldnt do nothing when u saved ur dog from being stabed this is out there but if it was real i would feel bad but it s a game so who cares

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I rarely laugh at anyone's death in video games, unless it happens in a very comical way, such as when Palmer was hit by a truck (he didn't die, though) or when the Turks finished off Don Corneo in Wutai. I thought Aeris' death was quite a sad one, though, especially with the music. I can't see anything overly funny in her death scene.