PDA

View Full Version : wont use lionhart

testifytotruth
08-06-2006, 12:50 AM
When Squall is using his Renzokuken, he never does Lionhart and I have the weapon. Is there a reason?:confused:

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 01:04 AM
afaik the ending move is pretty random. However I do know that he won't perform the Lion Heart attack when he is in Auto mode and I believe that you need to perfect every strike. It's been so long now since I played I can't remember clearly.

Maux
08-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I believe Iceglow is right, make sure it's not in auto and begin the perfection. You'll see/get it eventually.

testifytotruth
08-06-2006, 01:11 AM
It's not in auto and I get them perfect everytime. I read somewhere that he'll more likely use it when his hp is really low. But I don't want it to get low considering I'm fighting Ultimecia (sp). I don't know why though because when I've played before I always got him to use lionhart.

Maux
08-06-2006, 01:13 AM
yeah hp must be low or use aura. Aura puts you in limitbreak

testifytotruth
08-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Well I have been using Aura, and still the best I can get is Blasting Zone, it's not that big of a deal but it would really help.

Xurts
08-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Squall's finishing move is totally random. You don't need to get a perfect hit or anything like that. Don't worry about it.

Disco Potato
08-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Squall's finishing move is totally random. You don't need to get a perfect hit or anything like that. Don't worry about it.

Yeah, the last time I played I was lazy and set Squall's attack and Renzokuken to Auto, and once in a while I would get Lionheart. Maybe there are other statistical factors (Luck, etc.) involved?

Xurts
08-06-2006, 06:00 AM

Yeah, the last time I played I was lazy and set Squall's attack and Renzokuken to Auto, and once in a while I would get Lionheart. Maybe there are other statistical factors (Luck, etc.) involved?
Things like that might increase the probability somewhat, but nothing will ever guarantee that Squall uses it every time.

boys from the dwarf
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
get him under 100 HP or something like that, then cast aura and keep on trying. it took me about 10 tries to see it for the first time.

King-Killer
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
The more Perfect Strike you make, the better are the chances of him making Lionhearth. If you are to miss a single shot, that may reset the hole counter.

TheSpoonyBard
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Squall's Crisis Level is the determining factor. Give him 10% HP and Aura status to increase his Crisis Level to a nice high level. You can also increase Crisis Level by having negative status effects and KO'd allies, but that's not necessary. Doing so will increase the number of hits in Renzokuken.

Crisis Level also increases the chance of a finishing move being used, but does not affect which finisher will be used. The % for those are fixed.

Access to Rough Divide: RD = 100%
Access to Fated Circle: RD = 25%, FC = 75%
Access to Blasting Zone: RD = 25%, FC = 25%, BZ = 50%
Access to Lionheart: RD = 25%, FC = 25%, BZ = 25%, Lionheart = 25%

The Luck stat and getting a perfect Renzokuken play no part in getting Lionheart.

chronic_Maniac
08-10-2006, 05:18 AM
You could just get his first and last weapon. that way he'll only have two ending limit breaks.

TheSpoonyBard
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
The Lionheart weapon gives you access to all four finishing moves. Even if you upgrade from the Revolver straight to the Lionheart you'll get all four.

King-Killer
08-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Squall's Crisis Level is the determining factor. Give him 10% HP and Aura status to increase his Crisis Level to a nice high level. You can also increase Crisis Level by having negative status effects and KO'd allies, but that's not necessary. Doing so will increase the number of hits in Renzokuken.

Crisis Level also increases the chance of a finishing move being used, but does not affect which finisher will be used. The % for those are fixed.

Access to Rough Divide: RD = 100%
Access to Fated Circle: RD = 25%, FC = 75%
Access to Blasting Zone: RD = 25%, FC = 25%, BZ = 50%
Access to Lionheart: RD = 25%, FC = 25%, BZ = 25%, Lionheart = 25%

The Luck stat and getting a perfect Renzokuken play no part in getting Lionheart.

That can be true.

I don't know if this is irrelevant but when I was fighting Omega...
(Happened Several Times.)

First Renzokuken ---> Perfect
Rough Divide

Second Renzokuken ---> Perfect
Fated Circle

Third Renzokuken ---> Perfect
Blasting Zone

Fourth Renzokuken ---> Perfect
Lionhearth

Fifth Renzokuken ---> Perfect.
Lionhearth

Sixth Renzokuken ---> Miss many! (two or three)
Rough Divide... (NOOO!!)

Seven time ---> Perfect
Fated Circle

Eight time ---> Perfect
Blasting Zone

Nine time ---> Perfect
Lionhearth

Ten Time ---> Missed one
Blasting Zone

What happened next? He was Destroyed.
Theses kind of battles happened to me more than once.

Very often...

Like the other day
After failing just one.

A ---> Perfect
Rough Divide

B ---> Perfect
Blasting Zone

C ---> Perfect
Lionhearth

D ---> Perfect
Lionhearth

E ---> Perfect
Lionhearth

The end. (Take note, there are more than just Squall Attacking.)

This happened a lot.
(I seemed to be getting Lionhearth more often in my new games.)
I'm guessing it has something with how accurate your Lionhearth is.
But I'm not sure.
Can't confirm this.
Just wanted to let you know.

TheSpoonyBard
08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm guessing it has something with how accurate your Lionhearth is.
But I'm not sure.
Can't confirm this.
All of Squall's weapons have 255 Hit, so I don't see what you're trying to say.

runawaydoomtrain
08-17-2006, 06:55 AM
im inside ultimecias castle and i fought a behemeth and i got lionheart and got a 3 hit out of 5 on the renzokuken, then a battle later i fought a grendel and got a lionheart after a perfect renzo so it must just be all luck.

Xurts
08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
I've gotten Squall to use Lion Heart by both getting a Perfect Renzokuken, and also by missing some. His "crisis level" can't have anything to do with it either. Since when I fought Ulti's final form Squall was at 1 HP AND in Aura status, and he still never used LionHeart ONCE during the entire battle with her final form.

The bottom line is that it is totally random, and nothing you can do will affect it significantly.

runawaydoomtrain
08-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I've gotten Squall to use Lion Heart by both getting a Perfect Renzokuken, and also by missing some. His "crisis level" can't have anything to do with it either. Since when I fought Ulti's final form Squall was at 1 HP AND in Aura status, and he still never used LionHeart ONCE during the entire battle with her final form.

The bottom line is that it is totally random, and nothing you can do will affect it significantly.

couldn't have said it better myself :D