PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Strife the Ex-Soilder

Michael Belmont
08-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Does anybody like Cloud? If so what do you think of him?

Comet
08-06-2006, 02:10 AM
yeah clouds great but i liked vincent better lol

cloud-freak21
08-06-2006, 02:42 AM
cloud is awesome i wach the movie all the time and tifa is good with him but i would be better

Vaincast
08-06-2006, 02:54 AM
nya, Vincent PWNS! He's better than Cloud, 'nuff said

Thorn
08-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Him and Zidane are the best leaders.

Dell
08-06-2006, 03:37 AM
He's a badass and a good leader

DarknessFromAbove
08-06-2006, 03:44 AM
I like Cloud and Vincent about the same :/

Twilight Edge
08-06-2006, 08:20 AM
He's a badass and a good leader

Christmas
08-06-2006, 10:41 AM
He will be a better person if he works with Mukki in the Honey Bee Inn.

Sefie1999AD
08-06-2006, 11:02 AM
I think he's a pretty good main character. I didn't find him annoying, either.

Alive-Cat
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Cloud is a pretty cool guy. I spent about ages six and up trying to be him. :cool:

Dreddz
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I felt like I had seen him in the previous 6 games :/

Owen Macwere
08-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I like him, he is so calm and serious, and that is what I like to be.... er... what I wish to be actually. :D

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 06:00 PM
His development and (confusing) back story are very satisfactory. Second favorite lead character.

Furthermore,

"Let's mosey."

sephirothishere
08-06-2006, 06:15 PM
i liked him and thought he was cool right up until he starts sayin things like "lets mosey"....thats a weak ass thing to say for someone who is meant to be cool...

but at least in AC hes back o his moody self.....cool...

Dragon Mage
08-07-2006, 08:16 PM
He may not be too good with planning ahead or any complex things but he sure does know how to dish out the damage. :)

loinharte
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
i liked vincent better he was the badass

Xurts
08-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Cloud is the best. My favorite main character.

Kefka_Almighty
08-08-2006, 03:02 AM
i liked him and thought he was cool right up until he starts sayin things like "lets mosey"....thats a weak ass thing to say for someone who is meant to be cool...

I hardly see how being moody made him cool, especially if you consider that he really became moody only after Aeris' death. True, he wasn't what you'd call "out-going" before she died, but he would at least talk and be somewhat open to people. After that, he got moody because he basically felt he was guilty for her death and felt nothing more than self-pity for himself, or at least that's the way I saw it. He didn't give a damn about her death had hurt and affected the others, merely his own, which wouldn't be bad, per se, if he HADN'T BEEN THE LEADER.

Really, to say it in short, I find Cloud nearly completely unlikeable as a character. In battle, he was hardcore, but I hated his attitude and his genuine self-centeredness throughout the second disc irritating, especially if you consider that he was missing for a lot of it until Tifa found him in that town when he was suffering Mako poisoning. The sad thing is, I really HAD wanted to like Cloud, but I was unable to, which is a shame considering I loved most of the other characters in that game.

Cloudstrife4003
08-08-2006, 03:04 AM
YAY!!!! everyone loves me!!! I love me too!!

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 04:00 AM
Cloud's just awesome and badass! Especially in AC. And who doesn't love gravity defying hair?
In my top 5 with Zidane and Reno!

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Cloud is okay, I think he's the best in FF7. IDK why people like vincient. I mean the dude dosen't even have a part in the game really. So whats up about that? I'm about to start new thread on this one.

Distain
08-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Cloud kicks as*. I identified really well with his qualitys and his overall qualitys. Favorite overall charicter of all FF's. Vincent's a close second though..

sephirothishere
08-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by sephirothishere:

I hardly see how being moody made him cool, especially if you consider that he really became moody only after Aeris' death. True, he wasn't what you'd call "out-going" before she died, but he would at least talk and be somewhat open to people. After that, he got moody because he basically felt he was guilty for her death and felt nothing more than self-pity for himself, or at least that's the way I saw it. He didn't give a damn about her death had hurt and affected the others, merely his own, which wouldn't be bad, per se, if he HADN'T BEEN THE LEADER.

Really, to say it in short, I find Cloud nearly completely unlikeable as a character. In battle, he was hardcore, but I hated his attitude and his genuine self-centeredness throughout the second disc irritating, especially if you consider that he was missing for a lot of it until Spoiler: Tifa found him in that town when he was suffering Mako poisoning. The sad thing is, I really HAD wanted to like Cloud, but I was unable to, which is a shame considering I loved most of the other characters in that game.

hahahahahahah....good point....ya know what i meant though...no need to go all serious....

aquatius
08-12-2006, 12:05 PM
sephirothishere, at least he wasn't as bad as Squall *shudders* who was a moody person the whole game, and Cloud was cooler.

I Don't Need A Name
08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
ugh, cloud bored me. his constantly changing personality and history, although clever, was so annoying.

unfairmaiden
08-13-2006, 01:47 AM
You would be moody too if you had a nervous breakdown combined with an identity-crisis and mako poisoning. I liked him but maybe thats because he has a big sword ;)

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I thought you FFVII fans would have been all over the factual inacuracy in the title by now. Oh well.

I voted "he sucked" just for lolz but a more accurate description would be "I honestly don't care about this character enough to form an opinion".

Tifa's best friend
08-13-2006, 02:22 AM
:kaolove2: Cloud is a cool person, i also think vincent too. when i was small my sister was trying to become Vincent, she fell over and i said " Vincent doesn't fall over!" and she got fed up with it and she's a profesional of Cloud. she can be real serious. she likes it. :love: his sooooooooo cute!

FOR SOME REASON

:love: i am in love with him.:love:

:D really mean it....:bigbiggri heheheheh...

Distain
08-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Hehe...ya..:screwy:

Aralith
08-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Vincent was way better. I believe that I have described why in another thread, so I'm not going to go into it here, but Vincent is so much better than Cloud. Both in battle and based on their backgrounds and such. Vincent was just overall cooler. Plus he's got the whole vampire atmosphere going for him.

Ryushikaze
08-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Cid was obviously the best. So where's his game, huh?

Dragon Mage
08-13-2006, 11:25 PM
For him to not get moody would make him seem inhuman and just weird. Like someone else...*cough*Vincent*cough*. Good backstory but the makers messed up in one little spot. and you just can't beat the sword, I mean, if you saw someone with gravity defying hair holding a sword like that and coming after you, would you want to fight him? I thought not. Badass. He can be a pain in the ass but he's a badass nonetheless.

YAY!!!! everyone loves me!!! I love me too!!

LOL. smartass

Vincent's Inferno
08-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Vincent may not have much of a part in this game but he is still much more badass looking than Cloud. I think cloud is cool too but vincent is my fav.

sephirothishere
08-19-2006, 11:02 AM
one of the things i like about this game is it isnt trying to be too sentimental....cloud and vincent definitely arent sentimental....even aeris death isnt made into a gigantic drama in the game....ya know what i mean?!???!?...anyway...i like characters like cloud, vincent, sephiroth, red XIII (i know he isnt human im talking about personality)...squall, seifer, auron...whatever...

Helios
08-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I liked Vincent, but I didn't think he was the best character in the game. But Cloud is the best character I reckon, because he puts on a strong face even when things go wrong (except for the breakdown and identity crises) and also for the swords.

I Am Stoner
08-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Vincent is better.

Christmas
04-19-2022, 05:34 AM
I like him and his oversized BIG SWORD. :bigsmile:

I would like to hold and play with his BIG SWORD given a chance. :bigsmile: