PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right can it?? *FF3 DS*

pinkmage
08-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Ive just been looking at some of the screens and vids for the DS version and i saw this page. It says that it comes out in Japan on the 24th of August, Nov 2006 for the US and Sept 2006 for the EU. Surely we can't be seeing the day that Square release something in Europe before North America can we?? I assume it's wrong because I havent found an English site to preorder it from yet!!

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/finalfantasyiii/similar.html?mode=versions

Elpizo
08-06-2006, 12:52 PM
And give me one good reason why me and my fellow Europeans aren't allowed to get a game before you guys and girls in the US?

(Of course it's very unlikely to happen but I have no complaints.)

Paul
08-06-2006, 02:18 PM
actually, FF Origins on the PS1 was also released in Europe before the US.

i think maybe they're trying to compensate for the fact that they pretty much refused to acknowledge europe even existed prior to FF7, and even then ignored it for a lot of games (Chrono Cross, Xenogears, FF Tactics etc)

Angi-Kaiser
08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Hmmm... I've been hearing September for North America.... Anyway, don't put to much stock in that. Online game sites/stores are notorius for posting false release dates (like Gamestop's online store listing a December release date for FF VII PS3 remake, right after Square denide any such remake).

Paul
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
your arrogance is astonishing.

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Who was that directed at? And yes, it's true, store dates can't be trusted. Nor can SE's delaying things constantly. See: Advent Children.

I've heard it'll be September, and October. I hope it'll be September, but we'll have to wait and see.

FF_Chick
08-06-2006, 11:05 PM
It is still being released on September 12 here in the U.S. I went to Comic-con and met up with some employees of Square-Enix. They said September 12, unless something goes wrong. September 12 is on Square-enix AND Nintendo's site.

Zeromus_X
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh, thank goodness. I don't think I could handle waiting for October 3rd.

Crossblades
08-07-2006, 01:10 AM
It's only 4 0r 5 weeks till release right? I can't wait that long:(

Angi-Kaiser
08-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Half of me is jumping for joy at the prospect of FF II before the end of September. The other half is cursing Square-Enix for not releasing it sooner. Oh, and somehow I have a third half that's creating a little dance that I'll do in front of the counter at GameStop once I recieve my game.

pinkmage
08-07-2006, 08:18 AM
im not being arrogant i live in engand for christs sake!! my point was my surprise that we might actually see a square game come out over here before the US!! its a good thing people!!

Sefie1999AD
08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Has the European release of FFIII DS been even announced yet? I haven't even heard of that one, let alone a release date. I wonder if it's true that the European version is out next month. That would be bad, I'd have to spend 150+70 euros on a DS and the game, and later 70+50 euros on KH2 and a PS2 memory card.

Paul
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
sorry, when i made the arrogant comment, i was referring to the post above me by kari-ga...something.

it just seemed like he tossed aside the prospect of square releasing smoething first in europe as "obviously a mistake".

Angi-Kaiser
08-07-2006, 09:48 PM
You mean, "Angi-Kaiser." And I wasn't tossing that aside. What I was saying is that almost every I have gone, I have seen a September release date for the US. I was just saying not to put to much stock in what that one site said because alot of sites BS about dates, and that since only one site posted those dates as compared to many other sites posting another date that it probably wouldn't be wise to think that the GameSpot dates are the final dates. Sorry if I came off as arrogant...

Paul
08-09-2006, 01:44 PM
cool, i guess it was just a misunderstanding, my apologies.

altho as i said earlier, FF Origins was released in europe first, so it could happen again :o

Angi-Kaiser
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, some new news: 1up.com just posted a bit saying that FFIII DS has been pushed back to mid November. Then again, they also said that it ws being pushed back from a date of November 1. The American SE site still says September, but they don't give a specific date.

1up article (http://ds.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152937)

Square-Enix America (http://www.square-enix.com/na/index_f2.html)

Elpizo
08-18-2006, 06:53 PM
More news: The game is out in some stores, I believe. On other forums I met people who have the game. And the ROM is out as well, I saw it, but it's useless, anyway, as no DS-emulator exists to run DS-ROMs. So people, better believe 12 september for the states, it's very unlikely for a game that's already finished to get pushed back 2 months.

Angi-Kaiser
08-18-2006, 08:23 PM
I thought it wasn't going to hit Japanese stores untill August 24th. How do people already have the game? Oh well... just goes to show that the world is an interesting place.

KentaRawr!
08-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Some stores decided that they'd sell it a week early. :greenie: If only they sold it in english.

Zeromus_X
08-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I went to Gamestop* and they said they'd have it by November 1st. -_-; What is it? Is it September or November? I just game up and reserved it. At least when it does come out I won't have to pay for it. I do hope that it's all a mistake or something, I just can't wait any longer.

*I don't care if you think Gamestop is a crappy store or [insert whining here].

Elpizo
08-19-2006, 09:45 AM
I went to Gamestop* and they said they'd have it by November 1st. -_-; What is it? Is it September or November? I just game up and reserved it. At least when it does come out I won't have to pay for it. I do hope that it's all a mistake or something, I just can't wait any longer.

*I don't care if you think Gamestop is a crappy store or [insert whining here].
Well, as far as I know, the SE-site of FF III still says september 12. All the dates on other sites are fake, until SE tells us themselves. On another forum, somebody mailed SE, asking for the released date, and SE still said september 12. I don't know where those stores and sites get their dates from. :mad:
Well, until SE says otherwise, hang on to september 12. That's what I do. *Shrugs* And if it does not come out september 12, oh, does it matter? We're waiting for more than a year by now for this game, what's waiting another one or two months?

FF_Chick
08-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah. See here...

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8035/helooyl3.png

Angi-Kaiser
08-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Hmmm... I find it rather funny (and suspicious) that they never say "September 12th." On their site, and even in that email, they just say, "it's coming in September." I wish they would officially anounce the actual date, because when it does come out, half of the people won't even know that it's out yet. Oh, by the way: I was on the Nintendo of America website, and I saw a picture for the cover of the October Nintendo Power: FFIII!!!

jj984jj
08-19-2006, 06:29 PM
The official US date is now November 14th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152937

Elpizo
08-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Is that confirmed by SE? Is it? I can't view the page, so I don't know. Does the official SE site say November? Does it? IS it logical for a game that's already out and finished to be delayed 2 more months? Even if they have to translate it, it can't be logical? SE themselves said in the email (link posted above) that september is their set date. So why is everybody getting on my nerves with their stupid november release date?!

Give me an answer now and calm me down: Did SE confirm the date to be delayed to november, or is it just that site and some other stores who think they are interesting by giving such dates who say that?

I want official word from the game's creators. :( I want this to get cleared up for once and for all.

FF_Chick
08-19-2006, 08:14 PM

Yeah, but hear this.

1) No proof.
2) It was never delayed on November 1st. There is no site that even said November 1st.

Oh and edit.

Nintendo is also saying September.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Stores like Amazon, EBGames, and GameStop make up release dates for games. News sources do not.

Zeromus_X
08-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Oh, thank goodness. :cat:

jj984jj
08-20-2006, 06:07 AM
1up is a huge and reliable source though, they have many connections and probably knew all along that the game wasn't coming out in September. Square-Enix has not given is a specific release date yet and September is next month, September is looking very unlikely, especially when S-E gave us a specific date for Dragon Quest Heroes in September and not Final Fantasy III.

Elpizo
08-20-2006, 10:43 AM
1up is a huge and reliable source though, they have many connections and probably knew all along that the game wasn't coming out in September. Square-Enix has not given is a specific release date yet and September is next month, September is looking very unlikely, especially when S-E gave us a specific date for Dragon Quest Heroes in September and not Final Fantasy III.
SE gave us four dates:
At E3, they said September.
The release of the FFIII website, they said September.
At Comicon, the said September.
In the e-mail, they said September.

So why can't you guys believe SE? The game is out already. It only needs to be translated. Translating cannot take 3 months, now can it? 0_o

SE never said any other date than september. Anybody who says otherwise is lying, until SE confirms it. Well, at least for me.

jj984jj
08-20-2006, 11:31 AM
S-E is still giving a vague answer though and September is less than a month away, if I had to bet I would put my money on FFIII not coming out here in September. And yes it does take a while to translate a game, FFXII came out months ago in Japan and we are only getting it now. FFIII isn't story heavy so we should get it much soon than we are FFXII, but translation still takes time.

bboyshadow-X9
08-20-2006, 12:37 PM
when is it coming out in australia ??? any idea peoples
while we are on the subject of nintendo ds heres a song for y'all
http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1119 (http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1119)

jj984jj
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM
when is it coming out in australia ??? any idea peoples
while we are on the subject of nintendo ds heres a song for y'all
http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1119 (http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1119)

That song made me want to sell my DS Lite. ;_;

Elpizo
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Tell me, why does almost everybody believe everybody besides SE themselves? Is your faith in that company really that thin?

jj984jj
08-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Tell me, why does almost everybody believe everybody besides SE themselves? Is your faith in that company really that thin?

Simple, because S-E USA hasn't officially said a word since E3.

Angi-Kaiser
08-20-2006, 09:29 PM
And so 1up giving a date while Square is silent makes that date official? Square Enix is the one making the game, not 1up, and what ticks me off in this situation (besides the idea of having to wait so much longer for this game) is that all the evidence points towards a September release, with Square's word behind it, and yet people are persistant in taking these online-articles from sources other than SE as law. Untill Square comes out and says it, I really don't care what 1up, or any other online site says.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-21-2006, 05:28 AM
They're the gaming press. This kind of thing is their forte. Honestly, you're just kidding yourself if you think there's nothing to their report.

atlanteay
08-22-2006, 01:03 AM
i'm sticking with what SE said. They're the makers and there aren't any voice acting for this so it should take THAT long.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-22-2006, 01:39 AM
It's not just a matter of how long the localization will take. Release dates get moved around all the time not as a result of necessity but due to obtuse marketing logic.

jj984jj
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
IGN confirms November 14th:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/726/726838p1.html

Crossblades
08-22-2006, 02:36 PM
IGN confirms November 14th:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/726/726838p1.html

This made me a very sad panda:(

Paul
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
any news on european release?

anyway it's better to have delays than have an unfinished game.

Angi-Kaiser
08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, It looks like it really is going to be in November. I'm dissapointed. I just wish that Square Enix would update their site.

Sefie1999AD
08-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Too bad. In addition, still no word about the European release date.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 07:44 PM
What the fuck.

*withholds head from exploding*

Anyway, on the bright side, at least all these Fall RPGs will come out around the same time.

Angi-Kaiser
08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Indeed. It also gives me more time to scroung up enough money for them all. Any word on the price for FF III?

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 08:16 PM
The Gamestop I went to said it was like $40 (US). I just reserved it so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

Trance_Kuja
09-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Apparently for the EU release (according to gamespot, which i do not believe) it says Q1 2007. I hope not, as i want my FF3 goodness now.

undnce
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Who was that directed at? And yes, it's true, store dates can't be trusted. Nor can SE's delaying things constantly. See: Advent Children.

I've heard it'll be September, and October. I hope it'll be September, but we'll have to wait and see.

LOL, cuz it actually turned out to be nov 14, lol:D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2006, 12:53 PM
lol, lol