PDA

View Full Version : Xanga blogs

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know if people here tend to use this blog host but since I cannot stand msn spaces and my space I started using this and created a blog ring for those of us on here who use it to provide easy links to each others blogs. The ring is called "EOFF people" and is sectioned under the computer games blogrings. If you can't be bothered to search the blog rings you can just go to mine and get to it from my blog, which is linked in my sig. Just a random thing I thought I would do for us people.

Peegee
08-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi GuRls lets B buds pst (http://www.livejournal.com/users/piepants)

Rye
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
You can do that with LJ too. A lot of EoFFers are in the EoFF LJ community. :)

Here is my LJ~ (http://ryechu.livejournal.com/)

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I have LJ and xanga, but I think xanga is a lot better. I have links to both in my sig

Iceglow
08-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I tried using LJ and getting on with it just now and I am sorry to say that I couldn't. Sorry but compared to Xanga in my opinion LJ is inferior I want a blog where by entering a random line of html (that I knew to work) will actually work as it is meant to not strut around looking stupid. I know I am probably being too harsh but I am not in the mood for it right now, maybe I will try again later like next week later.

Miriel
08-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Xanga sucks.

I have a LJ.

rubah
08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
I only use xanga for school-related-gossip-slash-spying, so no thank you, I will not being joining your 'ring'.

The cool internet people use livejournal anyways.

Ironically, xanga is based on the same system as livejournal developed. Just think about that for a while.

It's even in their name. Xanga. Danga.

41-Inches-Wide
08-06-2006, 06:37 PM
How come nobody likes blogger? Just an afterthought.
Okay I just registered for Xanga and it looks okay.

Nominus Experse
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
My Space sucks, but there blog never bothered me. If anyone is to read a blog, then I shall give my blog page in due suit:

http://blog.myspace.com/nominus_experse

Sylvie
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
LJ is for the cool kids. MySpace is for people who like servers that crash every 3 days, and Xanga is just crap.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
41-Inches-Wide you got a link to your xanga page?

Roto13
08-07-2006, 02:10 AM
LJ is for the cool kids.

I have taught you well.

And here's mine.

http://roto13.livejournal.com/

rubah
08-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Blogger was cool back in 2001, but the lack of networking has hindered its growth.

nik0tine
08-07-2006, 02:55 AM
I don't get this whole blogging thing.

Nominus Experse
08-07-2006, 04:30 AM
I don't get this whole blogging thing.
There isn't much to understand, if you understand meaningless ramblings, a play-by-play of someone's day, or arbitrary musings...

If you don't, then well, welcome to a world of confusion.

I don't completetly understand it myself.

Miriel
08-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Blogging is more than meaningless rambling these days. Most professional photographers I know have blogs because it's a great way to communicate with your clients. And also it gives you a section of your website that's dynamic. Always changing, always being updated.

Nominus Experse
08-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Blogging is more than meaningless rambling these days. Most professional photographers I know have blogs because it's a great way to communicate with your clients.
You do have a point, Miriel, one that I now fully realize and respect. I simply have yet to witness such blogs, but I am not quite into universities or the occupational realm of life as of right now. Perhaps in the future, when I enter into such schooling and/or the occupational world, I shall see much more interesting blogs - ones that actually hold a sort of meaning.

I simply spoke from my experience with that which I have seen, and I must admit, it is very limited and insubstantial.

I commend you for bringing that up, for all of us. Good point.

Miriel
08-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Also, one of the most amazing sites I've ever visited is a blog (postsecrets.com).

Blogs are huge these days. Taking over the world, man. You can find great blogs just by using google, it's really easy to find blogs that interest you.

Nominus Experse
08-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I may try such a thing, for I have always been under the misconception that they were arbitrary ramblings of angsty/bored/desperate teenagers, so to say.

Roto13
08-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Actually, the first blog I ever saw belonged to a then-friend who was a photographer.

Jojee
08-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Xanga is creppy, LJ is the way to go ^_-

Actually I'd really love to have a real blog again. I ran my old one with Greymatter. But it's just a lot more maintenance, and I can't be arsed.

Christmas
08-07-2006, 06:08 AM
I will never figure out the goodness of LJ.

Reine
08-07-2006, 06:17 AM
The word "blog" sounds very amusing

Anyway, Ive never gotten the idea of them, and the one thing I do have, an MSN Space, I only got because I was asked by a friend to make. I was also coerced into joining Bebo, which i never bother with.

A friend offered to make me a Xanga page, but I politely declined, as I know I would barely ever touch it

rubah
08-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Neil Gaiman blogs, Diane Duane blogs, Scott Adams blogs, etc

I find it sad though the way IRL publications (newspapers magazines etc) treat blogging. 'OH LOL INSTEAD OF WRITING AN ARTICLE I WILL PUBLISH A BLOG AND IT WILL BE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE'S EXCEPT I HAVE AN ARTICLE AND THIS WILL GO IN IT!'