PDA

View Full Version : Clouds father?????

sephirothishere
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
does anyone know what happened to clouds father....i have been wondering about this and thought square would have to mention this at some point in some franchise of FF7.....i thought it would probably be mentioned in before crisis... i havent played that though....and i am pretty sure it wasnt mentioned in the game....
anyway,does anyone know anything about this????if square didnt mention it, i thought i would have seen some theories on the subject.....can someone help....:confused:

Disco Potato
08-06-2006, 07:16 PM
The only mention of Cloud's father that I can recall is in FF7, where Cloud is (I think) in the Kalm inn telling everyone of his trip to Nibelheim with Sephiroth. I think he says something like, "my dad died when I was young, so it was just me and my mom."

abrojtm
08-06-2006, 07:28 PM
RPG HERO RULE # 5

# Single Parent Rule
RPG characters with two living parents are almost unheard of. As a general rule, male characters will only have a mother, and female characters will only have a father. The missing parent either vanished mysteriously and traumatically several years ago or is never referred to at all. Frequently the main character's surviving parent will also meet an awkward end just after the story begins, thus freeing him of inconvenient filial obligations.

Fonzie
08-06-2006, 07:29 PM
His dad is Sephiroth.

Christmas
08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
His mother give birth to him by herself just like Anakin. :bigsmile:

Ryushikaze
08-06-2006, 07:38 PM
There's speculation that Gackt's character in DoC is Cloud's father (I am unaware of the exact details, since I've not bothered looking into DoC much yet), but this is nothing more than rumor as far as I know.

sephirothishere
08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
ok thanks...i dont remember him saying his dad died when he was young in the flashback at kalm.....
i will look into dirge of cereberus

how was sephiroth raised.....where and by who....

Acid Raine
08-09-2006, 08:56 AM
"Single Parent Rule
RPG characters with two living parents are almost unheard of. As a general rule, male characters will only have a mother, and female characters will only have a father. The missing parent either vanished mysteriously and traumatically several years ago or is never referred to at all. Frequently the main character's surviving parent will also meet an awkward end just after the story begins, thus freeing him of inconvenient filial obligations."

Hm......the only contradictions to that rule is Fayt Leingod (that game sucked anyways....) and Lloyd Irving (having a father instead of a mother)

Aralith
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
how was sephiroth raised.....where and by who....
Well, I don't remember if it says where he was raised though I would assume Midgar, but he was raised by Gast and Hojo basically. I believe the UOG mentioned something about it, but I don't remember where. You'll have to go looking for it yourself. It talks about Sephiroth having to take sword lessons when he was fifteen or something like that, if memory serves, and that Hojo and Gast watched over him during this time.

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
ok thanks...i knew he would of been raised by someone cuz if he wasnt he would've known something was up....

Ozmoid
08-09-2006, 06:54 PM
It could be vincent, he's certainly old enogh, and handy for it.

Freya Coral
08-10-2006, 06:22 AM
He might be old enough to be Cloud's father, but that's highly unlikely since the game explicity says that Cloud's father died when he was young. Besides, there's no physical resemblance between Cloud and Vinnie. :p

Griff
08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Following through with the 7-X connection theory, Cloud's dad was Tidus.

lovehurts
08-10-2006, 07:09 PM
SPOILERS

hojo or mojo , whoever that scienctist is , is sephroths and clouds father. Cloud is a clone or sepher boy and hojo , or mojo ...whoever is there father that created them. Janova, or whoever is mommy in the experiment and with closet revelance.

Ryushikaze
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
No. Bad monkey ::whaps Lovehurts with a rolled up newspaper::

Sephy copies are not clones as we know them, and whoever butchered that translation should be shot.

Cloud is a normal human being with a past, a childhood, a history. Then, when he was 16, after the Nibleheim event, Hojo did some horrible crap to him, using him for the Sephiroth copy/ Reunion experiment.

McLovin'
08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Genesis of Dirge of Cerberus is Cloud's father.

No supporting evidence. Just putting it out there.

lovehurts
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
No. Bad monkey ::whaps Lovehurts with a rolled up newspaper::

Sephy copies are not clones as we know them, and whoever butchered that translation should be shot.

Cloud is a normal human being with a past, a childhood, a history. Then, when he was 16, after the Nibleheim event, Hojo did some horrible crap to him, using him for the Sephiroth copy/ Reunion experiment.

Oh ok...oops.