PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Class

Gansx
08-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Does anyone have trouble with this job? I can't really find a use for them. I remember when i first got them, their atk & def wasn't all that great. Is their Draw Out better as a secondary ability? I'm not worry about the money issue and I know of the duplicate trick.

Lich3636
08-07-2006, 06:11 AM
i personaly love this job. their draw out skill is a very nice secondary skill for a front line fighter. the real things this job has to offer are Blade grasp and two hands skills

Kuroshima
08-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I loved this job. the draw out is better when your near lvl. 50. that's what I though.

dodhungry
08-07-2006, 12:23 PM
meh this job is alright just gotta have a lot of money for the katanas when they break or know the duplicate item cheat....

but as for usefullness its ummm better secondary to a knight I think

BG-57
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I like armored classes, but I prefer shields so I find having to use Equip Shield a bit of a handicap.

Kiyomori is a nice way to boost the defense of the party with both Shell and Protect, and Kikuichimoji has excellent range. However there are better ways to do damage.

MogThief
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I have no trouble using them. Like with all other job classes, you have to equip them well, give them good abilities, and implement a good strategy. Kikuichomoji is the attack that you will probably be using most often.

Gilthanes
08-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I've always considered Draw Out to be one of the best "all around" secondary skillsets you can have, and really can be almost as damaging as Agrias' special attacks in some cases, and provide many other functions like Kyomori, Murasame, and Bizen. Samurai in general has moderate attack and defense, and their Hp is on the low side (specially for a heavily armored class). I would give the samurai class a 6/10 on the usefulness scale. Decent but not great. But I think they made them that way to make people really work for their full Draw Out, Two Hands, and Blade Grasp abilities. Almost every single one of my game ends up with Ramza using Guts, Draw Out, Blade Grasp, Two Hands (or Attack Up if I really need the shield), and Move +2/3. He basically becomes a pimped out samurai with a huge Move statistic and the ability to two hand a knight sword.