PDA

View Full Version : Slash-All v.s. 4x-Cut...

Peter_20
08-07-2006, 07:40 AM
So, which attack command is better? :D
Slash-All has got this fantastic Flash command, the one that simply kills all enemies; but 4x-Cut attacks four times in a row, and can be a huge killer against a single target, causing up to 9999 x 4 DMG every single turn.

Which one is better? :)
I usually prefer 4x-Cut, since it always works on everything, but Slash-All and Flash can indeed be very useful as well.

Zeromus_X
08-07-2006, 07:51 AM
I can't really say. Both are murder in the Battle Arena with Added Effect/Hades. You'll rarely fight more than four enemies, and once you kill one, doesn't 4x Cut go on to the next target without overkilling a monster? I think they're at a stand.

Edit: I've never used Flash. Apparently it's like the Samurai's 'Flash' command in FFV.

Peter_20
08-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Hm, I sometimes thought Cloud was slicing forever on an enemy that was supposed to be dead LONG ago.
But sometimes he did move over to the next enemy when he was supposed to do it...?
Haha! :D

Aralith
08-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, 4x Cut is my favorite Command materia in general, let alone over Slash-All. You see, Slash-All is only good against a group of weak enemies. While, 4x Cut can be effective against a weak group, and a strong single target. 4x Cut does indeed stop hitting one of them once their dead, and it moves randomly as well, insuring that most of the enemies will be hit. Much better than Slash-All, though I don't mind Flash too much. Only good when you're a high level though. That's its downfall. Overall, 4x Cut takes the gold for me.

Mirage
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Um, 4x cut is random, it attacks dead enemies aswell. And, For the battle arena, I prefer Slash All. Flash, however, sucks a lot of arse. It's just a death attack on all enemies, what if some are immune? For bosses, I go with 4x cut.

TheSpoonyBard
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
4x-Cut does indeed attack enemies that have already lost all their HP, just as Tifa's Limit Break does. They'll disappear at the end of the attack animation. This can be annoying if there are multiple enemies on the screen and you completely miss one of them, but it's no great hardship. It's also great for single targets.

Slash-All can be useful for gaining Limit Breaks (vs Battery Caps in the Rocket Town forests) and powering up Vincent's Death Penalty, but that's about where it stops.

Flash is completely useless. It's got half the normal Attack% and only inflicts Death. If the enemy is immune there's no damage dealt. You'd be better of with Slash-All and Destruct=Added Effect. At least then you'd deal some damage.

boys from the dwarf
08-07-2006, 01:36 PM
slash-all has uses but for battle purposes only id say 4 X cut. the battles in FF7 arent that tricky and when they are its usually against tonberrys in which case 4 X cut is much more useful. against bosses 4 x cut is much more useful because most boss fights are only against one enemy so id say 4xcut because despite slash-alls use in normal battles especially junctioned with hades. in short. slash-all is best used in battles but you dont really need it because random battles are nearly always easy but 4 X cut can do massive damage to one enemy making ideal for bosses where your most likely to need the extra damage.

Masamunemaster
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
don't know if it would work but what about slash-all and 4xcut?

Peter_20
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
That doesn't work.
I tried it, and was disappointed. :(

Sefie1999AD
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I had Slash-All for one character with 4x Cut for the other character, though I never learned Flash. I think 4x Cut is the better move since it does a lot of damage, especially if you have it equipped on someone like Cloud with 9999 HP and Ultima Weapon. It's also better against bosses. During the final battle, someone uses DeBarrier, Cloud uses 4x Cut and the others use mime twice, and the battle is already over.

Hambone
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
It's hard to say which is more useful. They both have an equal amount of necessity in battle.

chronic_Maniac
08-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I never liked the materia Slash-all because of Flash. How ever I find mega-all to be successful where the other has failed. It all depends on where your fighting but I like cloud with 4*cut with Mastercommand and HP absorb linked. This lets cloud drain 999 HP with each swing. If the monsters HP is gone Cloud won't drain any though. But with vincint he is good with mega all. take him to a place with tons of monsters and his death penatly weapon will grow strong. BTW Flash is useless....
Mega-all destruct-added effect.