PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy V Advance Boxart

Crossblades
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/774/774642/img_3791422.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/final-fantasy-v-advance-20060801054.jpg

Elpizo
08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Looks good. :)
But I think colours would be welcome...

Necronopticous
08-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I love it, I was hoping they'd stick with amano art for the three ADVANCE titles.

Flying Mullet
08-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Very nice.

The problem is that with each new FFV tidbit of info that is released I get even more anxious for FFVI. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2006, 10:30 PM
What, no Galuf?

Necronopticous
08-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Screw Galuf, where's Cara?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
She's under Lenna's dress. Hence the smug expression.

Flying Mullet
08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I remember the dragon being bigger too. :(

Moon Rabbits
08-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Me too.

Zeromus_X
08-08-2006, 01:40 AM
<3 I wonder what the new FFVI Amano cover will be like?

Necronopticous
08-08-2006, 01:45 AM
It will be obviously be like awesome.

abrojtm
08-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Faris looks like Setzer.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Except Faris came first.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Needs more Exdeath.

Elpizo
08-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Screw Galuf, where's Krile?
Fixed. They'll probably use Krile in the Advance version.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
It's not unlikely that they'll redo FFV's translation, actually, since the PlayStation script was a rush job pieced together from an unfinished SNES translation. And even if they don't, people are free to use whichever name they like.

Elpizo
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
It's not unlikely that they'll redo FFV's translation, actually, since the PlayStation script was a rush job pieced together from an unfinished SNES translation. And even if they don't, people are free to use whichever name they like.

True that, but I though Krile was the official name and Cara the name of the fan translation. Either way, I always used Krile. And since Square named her Krile from the beginning, I think it will be safe to asume that the name Krile will be used here instead of Cara. I could be wrong, but it seems likely. And I think that if the entire game will bring you the name Krile on a silver plate, it will be hard to be stuborn and still call her Cara. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Square's name for the character from the beginning was Klulu; this can be seen in FFV art books and other official resources. But unfortunately, the English script for FFV was host to some careless name changes, where, among others, Syldra was called "Hydra," Ghido was called "Gill," and yes, Klulu was called "Krile." The name "Cara" was invented for the RPGe fan translation, but it isn't any further from the mark than Krile.

As for continuing to refuse to call her Krile in the case that the name is retained in the GBA script, you shouldn't doubt people's willingness to call characters what they like in spite of the errors of a localization staff.

Elpizo
08-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Square's name for the character from the beginning was Klulu; this can be seen in FFV art books and other official resources. But unfortunately, the English script for FFV was host to some careless name changes, where, among others, Syldra was called "Hydra," Ghido was called "Gill," and yes, Klulu was called "Krile." The name "Cara" was invented for the RPGe fan translation, but it isn't any further from the mark than Krile.

As for continuing to refuse to call her Krile in the case that the name is retained in the GBA script, you shouldn't doubt people's willingness to call characters what they like in spite of the errors of a localization staff.
Well, that's true... I don't see people calling Cyan Cayenne even though the second one is the more 'official' one...
Makes me wonder why in the fan translation, they used Cara on the world map, but Kururu in battles?
Why couldn't they use Klulu then, instead of making 3 different names for her 0_o ?

Sefie1999AD
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
That picture looks pretty good, although I can hardly recognize the Amano art characters. So the bottom one is Butz, the Setzer-looking character in the top left is Faris, and that somewhat snobby-looking girl in the top right is Lenna, right? As for the names, I'm not sure. I like the name Cara, and I think both Krile and Kururu sound very bad, but they're official translations too. You can't rename characters in FFV, either (except Butz in the beginning, but otherwise, there's no Namingway in this game). FFIV Advance used names from the SNES version at least for the main characters, while FFII DoS retranslated some of the character names (Guy, Ricard etc).

boys from the dwarf
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
o.k. looks good. i may get it if the new stuff is interesting. its definetly not my favourite cover for an FF. the artwork isnt perticularly great if you ask me. it not bad of course, its just the new GBA artwork just doesnt seem right. not sure why. i prefer the old dragon on the logo but i'll bet it'll be a great game.

silentenigma
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
i would have preferred that they used one of these works for the boxart:

http://ff5.guide.free.fr/medias/artworks/groupe.jpg

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff5/amanoart/ff5_3.jpg

Zeromus_X
08-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Well, it isn't 'new boxart' for no reason. Amano seems to be doing completely new artwork for the remakes. See: FFIII DS and FFIV Advance. (And, we can infer that FFVI Advance will be the same.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2006, 04:51 AM
I think both Krile and Kururu sound very bad, but they're official translations too.More like Krile and Klulu. "Kururu" is just a raw romanization of her name, not an official one.

Moon Rabbits
08-09-2006, 05:55 AM
I prefer Krile over Cara and Klulu.

The boxart is somewhat plain, but nice.

abrojtm
08-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Couldn't Klulu roughly be interchangeable for K(u)ruru? Kururu is pretty close to Kara or Cara if you ask me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Couldn't Klulu roughly be interchangeable for K(u)ruru?Yes, in kana. The difference is that "Klulu" has been written out in Roman letters by Square in official Japanese materials, so it takes precedence.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Just call her "Stan" and be done with it.

Paul
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
i prefer the Japanese / European style FF box arts which are just white with the logo. classy.

the american boxarts are always full of massive pictures of the main characters and look terrible. like people need the big colourful pictures to be drawn to the game or something...

Sefie1999AD
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Couldn't Klulu roughly be interchangeable for K(u)ruru?

Yes, in kana. The difference is that "Klulu" has been written out in Roman letters by Square in official Japanese materials, so it takes precedence.

Isn't that why Cara-ru is also a possible translation? Was it used in some FF Anime based on FFV, or was it just a name you've sometimes used to refer to her?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Isn't that why Cara-ru is also a possible translation? Was it used in some FF Anime based on FFV, or was it just a name you've sometimes used to refer to her?Cara-ru was just a compromise between Cara and Kururu that I used before I knew about Klulu. It's not official in any capacity whatsoever. I'm surprised you even remember it, to be honest.

DocFrance
08-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh, wonderful. A straight-on shot of Butz's package.

Flying Mullet
08-21-2006, 02:34 PM
It's what we've always wanted. :love:

bipper
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
It's what we've always wanted. :love:
werd:cool:
edit: woah... butz package? Are they promoting homosexuality!?:eek:

Bipper

DJZen
08-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, by showing nothing remotely homosexual they're promoting homosexuality. Good call.

Bolivar
09-10-2006, 04:18 AM
i like it, but it's very simple for a game that had alot of different things happening.

Galuf needs to be there. X-Death would be good too.

Mirage
09-10-2006, 04:47 AM
i prefer the Japanese / European style FF box arts which are just white with the logo. classy.

the american boxarts are always full of massive pictures of the main characters and look terrible. like people need the big colourful pictures to be drawn to the game or something...

They do.

Captain Maxx Power
09-10-2006, 01:37 PM
What, no Galuf?

My thoughts exactly

Screw Galuf, where's Cara?

Two words that should never be used next to each other ; "Screw" and "Galuf".

Paul
09-10-2006, 05:44 PM

They do.
do you think it's a reflection on america's worldwide image, that the japanese and european box arts consist of just the logo, while the american ones are full of colourful collages of characters?

Sunny Day Suicide
09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
That's pretty cool. He could've done better though.