PDA

View Full Version : opps they stole my stuff

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Ever put some stuff on a new character and then they leave the party? Its gone for good most of the time. Or like use Ultima on that pirate girl right before she leaves. What are we suppose to do? That sucks.

rubah
08-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Consult a walkthrough of when to deequip them :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-08-2006, 05:37 AM
It's clear from early in the game that the fourth party slot is a temporary one through which several characters pass, so you should never give any of them anything particularly important.

DarkLadyNyara
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I had Minwu run off with my Mythril Bow once. :rolleyes2

Owen Macwere
08-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Never give important stuff to characters you think they might leve you.

Snap Jumper
08-08-2006, 03:18 PM
How did you manage to give Leila Ultima?

DarkLadyNyara
08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
That's what I want to know.

Sefie1999AD
08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I usually give the fourth character some generic weapons or spells that I've bought from the shops or keep their default equipment. If I've found a special weapon for them, the other characters usually aren't using that weapon type, so most likely they can keep it. For example, Gordon and Richard were the only ones using spears in my game, so I let them keep them even when they left the party. That's why, I didn't really mind them keeping the equipment. They're helpful in Souls of Rebirth extra dungeon anyway.

Mirage
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, it's annoying when they steal your stuff. I make up for it by stealing theirs in other games though :p.

chronic_Maniac
08-11-2006, 03:19 AM
Well I didn't give her ultima I'm just saying though one of a kind items could be lost. How would you beat the final boss without the blood sword. i don't use walkthroughs so the only way I know is that special weapon. Maybe drain but you won't know unless you try it. Is there a special version of the game where you can keep all the characters? I mean besides the ones that died. I'm guessing there isn't but that would be sweet.

Prancing Mad
08-11-2006, 12:06 PM
if you equip ultima as an extra item at the bottom of the equip screen, I think you could leave them with it. Don't quote me on this though

Sefie1999AD
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Isn't Richard in your party after you get Ultima? This means you could have him learn that spell, so when you defeat the Ultimate Weapon in Souls of Rebirth, you'll have two characters who can cast Ultima. Too bad the spell is still quite useless.

Well I didn't give her ultima I'm just saying though one of a kind items could be lost. How would you beat the final boss without the blood sword. i don't use walkthroughs so the only way I know is that special weapon. Maybe drain but you won't know unless you try it. Is there a special version of the game where you can keep all the characters? I mean besides the ones that died. I'm guessing there isn't but that would be sweet.

Unless you try it out yourself or read a walkthrough, there's really no way to know some of the bosses in Jade and Pandemonium are weak to the Blood Sword. However, the final boss is definitely possible to beat without any Blood Swords. He has only 10,000 HP, which is possible to drain even without Blood Swords. In DoS version, it didn't even take me that long to beat him without them.

ImAFarmer
11-13-2006, 02:48 AM
ultima's animation in DoS is so slow... and it just keeps getting slower

and yeah...I have the opposite issue...I stripped my guys clean and I had to start rebirth rather empty

Fatal Impurity
11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
i never make that mistake becuase im the evil one stealing stuff from them! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! who needs to buy a better piece of armour when you can just steal it from a temporary team member and leave them with a crapola piece of armour! thing is most of the time they return anyway afterall this isnt grandia.....

Evastio
11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I haven't done that because I keep Quick Saving.

That's what I want to know.
Giving Leila Ultima isn't possble unless you used some sort of Cheating Device.

Peter_20
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
First time you play the game in question, always make sure those temporary characters get generic equipment that can be bought anywhere.
As you learn the game and its events "by heart", you could un-equip them right before they leave you.
I always do that, anyway.

FYI, un-equipping this Ether from Minh and selling it is very helpful during the early parts of the game, because it goes for 1250 Gil. :thumb:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
If someone left your party because they got killed in duty they should be allowed to keep there items as a symbol of their services

robfinalfantasy
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I pretty much made my Gordon another Sephiroth.

Martyr
01-07-2007, 04:51 AM

That's outstandingly relevant.

Solution to the main problem: You already know, very well, that the 4th members come and go. So:
Train your fourth party characters with skills that don't conflict with the skills of your other characters. That way, Gordon can keep his Flame Spear, Leila can have her Orihalcon and Bow and all the great swords that are just weak enough that you don't mind losing them, I mean, what do you want? Money? Ha! And Minh can even keep at it with his Were Staff. And nobody cares, because nobody uses spears, knives, bows, staffs and whatnot.

Or make them all boxers. It's the best way to go anyway.

robfinalfantasy
01-14-2007, 12:42 AM

That's outstandingly relevant.I'm starting to wonder if I posted in the wrong thread. :confused:

Zora
01-14-2007, 05:00 AM
IIRC, Leila joins you very briefly for a very unimportant event post-Ultima Tome. I will go get the guide book and edit this post after finding the results

*leaves and expecting edit*

*forgets to click sumbit, post does not go through yet*

Indeed. Whenyou need to go to the "mirrior on the wall" so you can enter the cyclone (via Wyvern), during that brief event of going downstairs, Leila will be in your party. This is post-Ultima Event

Martyr
01-14-2007, 05:25 AM
If you're not lying Zora, then you're spectacular.

DarkLadyNyara
01-14-2007, 11:03 AM
IIRC, Leila joins you very briefly for a very unimportant event post-Ultima Tome. I will go get the guide book and edit this post after finding the results

I think you might be mixed up. That or your guide is innacurate.

FuzZerd
01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm guessing hes joking. else his guide wasn't very clear.

Zora
02-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Whoops. I looked at Maria and thought it was Leila. Ya, Leila doesn't join you any time after the Ultima tome.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Yep I gotta watch it next time I play.