PDA

View Full Version : Title (spoilers?)

Disco Potato
08-08-2006, 02:37 AM
Maybe I'm just being too literal, but I was wondering who the children being referenced to in the title "Advent Children" were. Were they Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo (children of Jenova...?)?

Zeromus_X
08-08-2006, 02:43 AM
They could also be the children infected with Geostigma, as they were shown at the end of the film and such. But, I don't know for sure.

Ryushikaze
08-08-2006, 02:47 AM
You are both correct.

Cloud may also be considered as one of the children.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 02:53 AM
I was pretty sure it was the kids and after I heard what Disco Potato said I agree about that too.

Disco Potato
08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok, cool, thanks :)

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I think they were refering to the children of Jenova.

Vaincast
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Mabye they named it because, at the Forgotten Capitol all of the children there were infecteed by Geostigma and Kadaj controlled them

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 03:49 AM
A good question, to be sure. Lets see, Advent means coming, beginning, start, introduction, ect. So how does children factor into the equation? Beginning Children???? Dawn of Children, perhaps???? It doesn't make sense. It seems to mean something but is very vauge. Like I said, good question.

Disco Potato
08-14-2006, 05:38 AM
A good question, to be sure.

Haha, thanks :p. I thought it meant "the coming of the children (of Jenova)." Before seeing the movie I thought Cloud and co. were the children and the movie would expand on their pasts (literal me :p), but now I think it was referring to Kadaj and co.

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 11:28 AM
i remember i saw an interview with someone and they answered this they said "the advent part means like a sort of second coming,the children means children...."

so anyway this means the rebirth of sephiroth through the 3 children kadaj, loz and yazoo

Sefie1999AD
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I think the title refers to the children infected by Geostigma. One of the trailers had the narrator saying something like, "The planet brings a terrible disease. Children are always the first to suffer. Children who have lost hope...", and there were questions about Cloud's motives too: "Is it for the children? For himself? For a memory? Or something else?"

Dragon Mage
08-15-2006, 04:38 AM
but now I think it was referring to Kadaj and co.
It may very well be such. Kadaj and co. are supposed to seem very young, 19 years old or such. That was supposed to be one of the challenges in the movie that Cloud must overcome; the old faces the new. (woooow, 23, that's like, really old. sheesh *rollseyes*). But that doesn't seem to compute. Usually the makers don't focus on the bad guys. Hmmmmmm...

sephirothishere
08-15-2006, 11:15 AM
its meant to mean the new beginning of sephiroth...listen to what rufus says aslwel....in the part in healin lodge....cloud says "who is this mother they speak of"....rufus:"did kadaj say something to you...we are in that type of world where children yearn for their parents..."this kinda shows kinda how it is meant to be taken....kinda...whatever...

Disco Potato
08-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the input everyone :). I guess it's one of those vague things that's up to personal opinion.

sephirothishere
08-22-2006, 11:20 PM
its been said by several people in SE that it is what i said it is....i dont mind if people dont like this idea and want to make up their own ideas...
i jus tell it like it is...

No.78
08-23-2006, 02:40 PM
It's referring to everything mentioned, which is why it's a great title!

Yeah that works...

sephirothishere
08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
"The planet brings a terrible disease. Children are always the first to suffer. Children who have lost hope...",

correction the quote should be.... "the planet weaves a cruel fate for man,children are always the first to suffer,children who have lost hope" children are always the first to suffer means kadaj and the gang...(hahahahahhahahhaha that reminds me of the cool scooby doo ending in waynes world hahahahahahahahahah...its old man patterson from the haunted amusement park...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah)children who have lost hope means children with geostigma...maybe its the other way aroun.. i forget....

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahah scooby doo...where do i come up with this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif man....hahahahahah...oh yeah waynes world...hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

No.78
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
"The planet brings a terrible disease. Children are always the first to suffer. Children who have lost hope...",

correction the quote should be.... "the planet weaves a cruel fate for man,children are always the first to suffer,children who have lost hope" children are always the first to suffer means kadaj and the gang...(hahahahahhahahhaha that reminds me of the cool scooby doo ending in waynes world hahahahahahahahahah...its old man patterson from the haunted amusement park...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah)children who have lost hope means children with geostigma...maybe its the other way aroun.. i forget....

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahah scooby doo...where do i come up with this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif man....hahahahahah...oh yeah waynes world...hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

SOMEBODY SEDATE THIS MAN!

Disco Potato
08-25-2006, 12:33 AM

Umm, ok :p

sephirothishere
08-25-2006, 11:21 AM
SOMEBODY SEDATE THIS MAN

Umm, ok

youll never catch me hahahahahahahhahahhahahahahaha.....

It's referring to everything mentioned, which is why it's a great title!

Yeah that works...

ill go with this aswel...but the stuff i said is right...hahahahahahahahhahah