PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like Vincent?

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 04:24 AM
Okay we got a lot of fav's and all but really? What is good about Vincent? In the game all he does is come out a coffen and join your team. Then thats it! you can use him or abuse him. It don't matter. Everyone had their own lines and saying his is better makes no since to me. WHY WHY WHY is he a good character? His limit breaks ruin any other action, his death penaty is harmless. I know you can kill enemies to make it stronger. He sucks at casting or attacking. He shows up late in the game. I don't understand.

Zeromus_X
08-08-2006, 04:30 AM
In battle, of course he's the worst character. It's his dark, mysterious back story and persona that draw people to like him.

I just make him a healer.

Kurui
08-08-2006, 04:32 AM
He is a dark angsty character who resembles something to the effect of a vampire. Therefore he is loved by all I guess.

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
WOO HOO VINCENT SUCKS people just wish he was Dracula. I think that was cool about him too but I never went as far as saying he was a good character. Anyways I only thought that was cool to a certain extent.

Zeromus_X
08-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Not everyone defines 'good character' strictly by their performance in battle. Maybe they also think he has a 'good character' as in, he's a good (interesting) character.

Kurui
08-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I don't doubt that he's a cool and intresting character.. Just not a prefered one in my party.

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Okay in his life he encountered a girl, who gave birth to sephy. Then he went and got put down by hojo or whoever it was. Truly it was horrable but each character had something bad done to them. that's just how it is. I'm glad to hear that its only his looks because any-other-way he sucks.

LunarWeaver
08-08-2006, 04:47 AM
I like Vincent because his shoes are funny to me.

Mirage
08-08-2006, 04:56 AM
I don't. :D

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 05:08 AM
I don't. :D
Thank you...

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 05:39 AM
He's okay.
Vampire boy.....

Thorn
08-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Hes kind've cool. Perhaps a few too many groupies.

Alive-Cat
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
His Death Penalty takes a little work, but it can end up a very powerful weapon.
I admit his limit breaks are terrible. He ends up doing fire damage on an enemy that is not only impervious to fire, but is healed when hit by it. :rolleyes2

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
in battle he obviously isn't the best character. but obtaining him does reveal a lot of storyline which wouldn't make sense otherwise. i think it's a bit ridiculous that the first boss you can encounter with him is healed by fire when his first limit is the fire element, but it's not difficult to get his 2nd limit before materia keeper, making that batle miuch more easier.

in battle, far from brilliant. but the plot he reveals is somewhat necessary to understand the game. i rate 6/10

sephirothishere
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Viator:
That only proved by atomic clock not regular clock.

hahahahahah...what the hell is he talkin bout....

anywho...vincent....hes got a cool attitude....its cool to go to the shinra mansion in disc 2 or whatever and get all the secret flashbacks...in DoC...i heard it shows an scene in the shinra mansion exactly like the one you see in the game where hojo pumps vincent full 'o'lead....and puts him to sleep in a coffin.....but in DoC....its reeve that shoots him....dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun......i didnt know reeve was that old though...thats jus what i heard i didnt play it....

Bubbles1230
08-08-2006, 06:44 PM
What are you talkin bout? Vincents awesome! He's got the coolest theme song ever!

lovehurts
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I dont . He sucks.

Shiny
08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
I would try to tell you all the good things he has done for me battle wise, but that wouldn't be true. The truth is I have the fangirl complex when it comes to Vincent. I just like him, because he's attractive and mysterious. Also, his voice actor for Advent Children happens to be one my favorite voice actors. :)

Griff
08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
He's cool because he doesn't have a phone.

Think about it.

chronic_Maniac
08-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Well ok so pretty much Vince is cool because he told a little about the story line. So what? Barret did to. So did tifa, Cloud, Yuffie, Rufus, Red13, and so on and so on. Everyone, even Vincent reveled all of the facts that completed the game. MAYBE you know he'll have more in DoC to show for but all I'm saying is any of the characters could explain more about them. Vincent was just picked because he was pumped full of jenovas cells.

Shadow Masamune
08-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Vincient!!! He is the character of infinite wisdom and foresight. How can anyone dislike this character? He is very perceptive of everything that is going on in FF VII AC.

Personally I identify with these type of characters and thats why I like them.

His 3rd limit break is AWESOME! I don't know what you are talking about; the Giant pwns all!

What I didn't understand, how do you match a character with wisdom and foresight with a SHOTGUN? The weaponry didn't match his personality. I think throwing knives would have gone well; something other than a simplistic shotgun.

Dr. Acula
08-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Hey, man, whaddya got against Vincent? He has an interesting backstory. Sure, other people have cool backstories too, but I suppose it's just his dark nature that attracts everyone to him. And you say he sucks in battle. So do other people.
It's simple. If you don't like Vincent, don't get him.

Fithos
08-09-2006, 05:27 AM
he was better than yuffie or cait sith, and thats all that matters.

chronic_Maniac
08-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Yuffie can cause so much more damage then Vincent. Cath Sith is hopeless. If you like dealing 9999 damage use Yuffies first level 3 limit break. If you want to deal more then 9999 damge using multi attacks use the second level 3 limit break. Sorry I'm a yuffie fan.

Aralith
08-09-2006, 07:18 AM
I am in no way a Vincent fanboy, but I find him a fairly good character. I don't know what you mean by his "limit breaks ruin everything" because honestly, they worked just fine for me. He's good in battle if you can make him good. The same goes for every character. With the proper materia and with a high enough level, anyone can kick ass.

I've managed to make Aerith an apt fighter before, instead of how she is classicaly used as a healer. All characters have pros and cons. The point is to play off the pros and cover the cons. That's what's so great about the materia system. With the right combinations you can practically make them invincible.

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
aralith...your right....and they have all those sources and whatever if you want to increase their stats....

oh yeah, in the battle against materia keeper i didnt even get the chance to use limit breaks...i defeated him in like....1 second....hahahahah...i was at level 50.....

Aralith
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
You were at level 50 when you fought the Materia Keeper?! How'd you manage that? I'm only at around 30 when I fight him. Did you get lost (I've known people who have done this) or something, because that seems like an uncommonly high level to be fighting Materia Keeper at.

Distain
08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
People like Vincent for the same reason that people like Cloud or Squall or Auron. Evryone conects with charicters diffrently, and have there own prefrence.

sephirothishere
08-09-2006, 07:57 PM
i was at level 50 cuz i went to junon....the city, and went to a place called junon path and pushed a red button in there ...an alarm goes off and the monsters that flood the area are very strong as they are the same as the monsters you run into in junon when tifa is in the gas chamber and "something" happens to rufus....so you can level up really quickly there....maybe i was only at level 45 or something but the first time i played the game i was only at level 30or 35....by the time i got to materia keeper everybody had all their limit breaks except level 4 cuz some of the people cant get their limits until later in the game....so i was pretty strong...i think vincent might have only gotten to death gigas though cuz i didnt have him long....

edit:how the hell do you get lost???? meh...whatryagonnado....and i was at level 35 for cosmo canyon...i *$&)£&% owned that gi tribe hahahahahahahahahahahah....i am playing the game again...i started about a 2 weeks ago...i downloaded an emulator so i could play it on the computer cuz i am on the computer alot..(dont worry i didnt do anything illegal)..and i was kinda thinkin..."hey i should try and do really well in this and put some major boot to ass".....hahahhaahahahahahhahahah

Peter_20
08-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm chatting with a bisexual guy on MSN that's a friggin' copy of Vincent in all aspects.
Although this guy is a bit more tough-talking, but that's cool. :D

Crossblades
08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Vincent is cool because he's all mysterious and he wields a gun:p

mortallegons
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
vincent is alot like a fore runner of auron in ffx he is dalk mestirious and he has a red billowing cape wat could be better
go vincent
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:r9i9b8UULaP5AM:http://www.rpgclassics.com/fanart/FinalFantasy/file0031.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rpgclassics.com/fanart/FinalFantasy/file0031.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rpgclassics.com/fanart/update.php&h=913&w=700&sz=261&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=r9i9b8UULaP5AM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfinal%2Bfantasy%2B7%2Bvincent%26svnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_en%26safe%3Doff%26sa% 3DG)

Frustrated ChocoboBreeder
08-12-2006, 02:31 AM
I know the safe combonation but cant seem to get it right. i always go over the number or stop just short....... I don't see how anyone can do it!! Is there any trick to it?

cloudbuster7
08-12-2006, 03:27 AM
haha. what happened to me once was i was gonna get yuffie and i was looking in the wrong place. so i ended up lvling like hell. anywho, vincent is only cool in AC. although he shouldn't have had a big of a role, barret got ripped off. aries was kick ass though, she was my magic user.

chronic_Maniac
08-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah when I seen him appear in AC I was like here comes that gimp of a hidden character. don't get me wrong I like when his picture comes up at disk change cause yeah of its dark vibe. Vince can't fight worth a dirt.

08-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Soooo no trick? I guess I'm just going to stay up all night working on that damn safe.:mad:

sephirothishere
08-13-2006, 10:38 AM
hey...frustrated chocobo breeder (didnt change your name yet???) the trick to the safe is to......hold the direction you want and let it cycle through the numbers very fast then when the correct set of numbers come up stop and then jus tap to the desired number and press O.....so keep cycling through the numbers and stop as soon as you see the 30's come up and tap right to get to 36 press O .....there....

I Am Stoner
08-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Vincent is great coz.

1) Dark evil secretness,

2) Legend limit breaks

3) His clothes actually kick mega ass

4) He carries a gun

5) Hes a mutant transforming dude man

Those are the reasons I like vincent. Also his gold/metal hand claw thing kicks ass.

sephirothishere
08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
yeh stoner...its cool when you get his final limit and you use it on him and hes like "i am getting less human".....thats cool....

Dragon Mage
08-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I guess most people like him because he's your #1 Mary Sue character. I know he's my brother's fav character. But his limit breaks actually make me lose any boss fights with him in the party and I get tired of his attitude. He's just such an indifferent jackass that you really can't latch on to anything to like about him. I found him sorta annoying sometimes. The only good thing about him is his theme song. It's my fav song. That and the victory song. (of course, victory always sounds sweet, doesn't it?)

nik0tine
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't care how /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty he is in battle. He's a freaking bad ass and that's all there is to it. End of story.

Dragon Mage
08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
ooooooooooooooh. anger managment! I just stated my opinion, as did others, that's all. this isn't a debate/rant thread. The man asked a good question. You're not helping to answer that question now are you? Give reasons why you think such Mr. Tempermental.

Rhinoa
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I LOVE Vincent >.<
he's got the best oufit ever,
see him run..and his cape flying around
ahahahaha hehheh
I don't think he's crap in battle :greenie: I had in my party when fighting sephiroth,
give him some good materia and he kicks butt just aswell as any other character..(sept cloud n tifa) opps.. im ramblng
all my nerdyness is coming out at once :D

Shadow Masamune
08-13-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't see how wielding a gun makes him cool; it doesn't go with his personality at ALL!

He is one of my favorite characters as stated previously however, wielding a gun in Final Fantasy where cooler weapons exist like the Masamune, is not "teh kool."

nik0tine
08-14-2006, 12:29 AM
ooooooooooooooh. anger managment! I just stated my opinion, as did others, that's all. this isn't a debate/rant thread. The man asked a good question. You're not helping to answer that question now are you? Give reasons why you think such Mr. Tempermental.

Are you talking to me? :p

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Indeed, I am talking to you nik0tine.

La duh.

nik0tine
08-14-2006, 01:34 AM
You were being sarcastic, right? :p

Dragon Mage
08-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Yeah, pretty much. It's hard to convey sarcasm with just words sometimes.

But I did mean it about giving reasons for your opininon. No offense.

chronic_Maniac
08-14-2006, 03:58 AM
1) Vince has limit breaks that would sometimes get in the way. If you like multiple hits then you won't find any. Sometimes you'll find that he heals bosses reather then destroy them. Beware of this. Once he gets full limit gaurge he won't be able to use the basic attack.
2) His ultimate weapon will not hit hard unless he has killed many, many enemies. This is a pain if you use him in a hard fight where phisical attacks are a must.
3) sometimes in story he doesn't really have all that much to say. He doesn't have his own adventure and follows in the shadow of everyone else. He is a hidden character and really isn't needed at all. With thast to say he is nothing special until DoC.

pinkmage
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
My brother's favourite character in all final fantasys is vincent. he loves the backstory and his personality etc, that he gets him as soon as he goes to nibelheim. i personally dont like him though lol. i find him difficult to use but my brother seems to have a way of making him own every monster that gets in his way!! at the end of the game, my brothers vincent is doing 2000 more than cloud. god knows how but he does it. he isnt all that useless in battle at all i guess if you have patience with him

Project G
08-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Everyone likes Vincent because he's just so damn hardcore! I mean nayone who can turn into Satan is hardcore. And it's the whole romantic aspect of him that wins our hearts!

Xxxxx

Callum

sephirothishere
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
i think vincent is a good fighter....maybe you people jus dont like him....i can get over that....but i think hes a badass....which makes him cool.....heheheheheheh............now leave people who like vincent alone....his limit break chaos kicks ass.....i have never had any problems with him.....so no reason to be all like hes annoying...he isnt....whatever..its early in the morning you get what im trying to say...

08-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah i still need to change my name havn't been on lately.... Do you think Vincent is a good chacter to replae barret? I usasualy have Cloud ( of course) barret and Red XIII with me.

chronic_Maniac
08-20-2006, 02:46 AM
Yeah i still need to change my name havn't been on lately.... Do you think Vincent is a good chacter to replae barret? I usasualy have Cloud ( of course) barret and Red XIII with me.

umm yeah either him or yuffie. Both have long range weapons all the time. If thats what you like then go for it.

BardTard
08-20-2006, 03:01 AM
1. I have a thing for pretty boys, and Vincent is pretty.
2. He's creepy. I like that too.
3. He has a gun. Guns are cool.
4. I like the way he dresses.
5. Vincent Valentine... :love: Good name. Like Valentine's day. The day for love. :love:
6. He doesn't have a phone. Phones are pure evil. (My mom got me a cell phone and I don't need it... so now I hate all phones...)
7. He's a hidden character and has his own shooter game. Do Laguna or Irvine from FF8 have their own shooter games cus they have long pretty hair and guns? Nope. Vincent is special. In a non-retarded way. :D