PDA

View Full Version : Doctors?

Kurui
08-08-2006, 05:44 PM
What's your opinion of doctors?

Personally, I'm afraid of them :mad: I'm not sure why exactly, I mean, they're just people who are trying to help you to be healthy, right?

. . . right? :shifty:

licence
08-08-2006, 05:49 PM
I get uncomfortable when I'm at an appointment or something. I just don't know why, it's like the whole atmosphere in the surgery/hospital not just the doctor.

fallen_angel9000
i hate going to the docter. they poke and prod me with stuff and then there's shots. afterwards, sometimes they say u need this medication wich either tastes gross or u really dont need. the docter sucks:mad2:

Twisted Tinkerbell
I have to see doctors all the time because of my deppression, and since they keep sending me to see other people who ask me if I'm on drugs (which I'm not but I can see how I could be mistaken for a crack head) I hate them!

Rye
08-08-2006, 05:50 PM
I've never enjoyed going to the doctor, but my current doctor is nice.

Though my favourite doctor, of course, is Dr. House. ;D ;D

~red.foxx~
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I used to have to go every two weeks now i hate the smell and can't stand to go.

Cloudstrife4003
08-08-2006, 05:52 PM
They scare me!!! especially ones with needles..AW MAN!! i gotta get a physical this week...Hope it gets postponed...House! i love that show!!

Breine
08-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I like my doctor. He's very comfortable, although he seems somewhat old-fashioned and conservative he is always very friendly towards me, which I think is very important when having a profession where you're dealing with people all the time.

Meat Puppet
08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm terrified of doctors. I'm not too sure why, either. When I get sick I usually just wait for it to pass; I'll only go see a doctor if I feel I'm in so much trouble I'm just about dead.

I never get along with doctors, either. The first time (first time I can remember) I went to see a doctor he touched my back and I started to kick and bite him. I got into a load of trouble for that. My experiences with doctors have been very negative ever since.

Kurui
08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I never get along with doctors, either. The first time (first time I can remember) I went to see a doctor he touched my back and I started to kick and bite him. I got into a load of trouble for that. My experiences with doctors have been very negative ever since.
This happened to me too >.>

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I nearly kicked my doctor in the face once.

Cloudstrife4003
08-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Let me guess kitten...reflexes? or did u do it on purpose?

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I think it was a bit of both, he hurt me.

Cloudstrife4003
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
lol....kk

fallen_angel9000
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
i think my brother is afraid of doctors cause he's deathly afraid of needles. he sees a needle comin at him and he gets violent.... its almost like he gets rabies:( .. i feel sorry for him:( :(

Tasura
08-08-2006, 07:48 PM
MY doctor was charged with uttering death threats when he was joint owner of a strip club =D?

daggertrepe
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I have a petite asian doc who is very, very sweet. :)

rubah
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't see one often enough to have an opinion.

Anaisa
08-08-2006, 09:55 PM
In my experience they're very unprofessional an uncaring. They'll put money before your health every time. An as for the experiences I've had with male docters, they're all a bunch of perverts. Being a pervert is never good, but it's especially despicable when you're perving on somebody ill, who is there to get help from you. So I now never see a male docter, unless there is nobody else to see, an it's urgent I see somebody. I'm only scared to see the docter if I know they've got to examine me in some way. If not, then it doesn't bother me at all. Well, unless their male that it is, otherwise I'm worried anyway, because I've got to discuss my health problems with some sicko.

SammieBabe
08-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I've had doctors in the past which weren't too great. However, I like my current doctors. Which is a really good thing, since...you know...

Shauna
08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't see one often enough to have an opinion.

Yep.

;_; And it's sad to know that my dream profession is hated. Although, I assume you're all talking about GPs and not surgeon doctors. :p

Raistlin
08-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Although there's much more reason to be nervous about a surgeon than a GP. GP's give out cough medicine. I don't know why people are so scared of them.

Shauna
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
True. xD

Psychotic
08-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Dr Unne is a very terrible man.

Slade
08-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Vets know more.....

Nominus Experse
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
The ones I have encountered in my lifetime have been of very high professionalism and all seemed to have a caring, compassionate, and ardous demeanor. However, I do live in a small town, equating to a small hospital and less tressful atmosphere for all and also nets the patients a much more connected relationship with their doctors due to the fact that the ratio of patients to doctors is quite low here.

And this applied for all doctors that I have come in contact with, whether that be physiologist, radiologist, psychiatrist, etc... anything when concerning the medical fiels and one's well-being and mindset.

Of course, it also lends aid to my ease around people in this profession due to the fact that I hardly notcie the sting of a needle entering my body, and although I hate being unessarily touched, with doctors, they touch for a reason, and I can respect and allow that easily. And truly, the whole procedure fascinates me, how the discover certin ailments and the like - quite interesting and causes much intrigue within me.

Resha
08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I trust them. I think.

Alive-Cat
08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
I certainly trust them.
Although once when I was undergoing an operation I had a doctor who was obsessively into jazz music and when he found out I liked Punk Rock he gave me a look.
Luckily I woke up with everything in tact. :greenie:

Roto13
08-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I hate having to visit a doctor, and I hate being examined, but I don't hate doctors themselves. There are more good doctors than bad doctors, I think, but the bad ones stand out. I certainly trust the opinion of a doctor (for medical advice) a hell of a lot more than I trust the opinion of a friend or family member. I hate it when people act like doctors have no idea what they're talking about. It's so stupid.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I trust doctors.

Doesn't mean that I have to like going to them, and listening to them tell me why I'm gonna be throwing up for the next few days...

Captain VooDoo
08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
i dont like hospitals they make me feel sick.
doctors always seem nice though, the ones ive met have been very nice.

AdVenT
08-09-2006, 03:38 PM
I haven't gone to the doctors in a while but when I do I don't have anything to worry about, I trust my doctor

Peegee
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Doctors don't scare me. What should scare me is taking blood out of my arm.

:)

daggertrepe
08-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't like it when they look down my pants cause there is stuff that I cleary am hiding from the world that I have down there. That's why I wear pants.

K-chan
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't like it when they look down my pants cause there is stuff that I cleary am hiding from the world that I have down there. That's why I wear pants.

Exactly. ^^ But yeah, as long as they're not doing any examinations, I'm fine with going to the doctors. The woman I see is really nice at least, and stuff like shots really don't bother me.

But DENTISTS now... I think I have a phobia of them. 0_o They have sharp utinsels. Didn't their mothers ever tell them to NOT put sharp stuff into OTHER peoples' mouths? 0_o