PDA

View Full Version : Random Windows XP Change

Strider
08-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Okay, so everyone knows about the Start menu, right? At the very bottom, there's a Log Out button and a Turn Off Computer button. Normally, if you clicked the Log Out button it would give you the option of logging out or switching users. That was nice for me because I could log out and still keep AIM running and stuff. Turn Off Computer would let you go to standby, restart or, you know, turn off the computer.

Sometime between yesterday and today, though, something changed. Now when I click on Log Off, the only thing I get is a prompt asking me if I really want to log off. I can't switch users anymore, what the hell. And clicking Turn Off Computer gives you a list of six different things. I don't know what happened, but I don't like it and want to get the old options back. Any suggestions?

Yamaneko
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on and off > Fast user switching

Strider
08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Ah, hell, of course. Here's a screenshot for you to take a look at. Suggestions are welcome.

Yamaneko
08-08-2006, 08:23 PM
<a href="http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/448464-how-do-i-get-rid.html">Something that might help.</a>

Strider
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Oh, fantastic. This sucks. :mad:

Samuraid
08-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Can't you run services.msc and just forcefully start the Fast User Switching service?